IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Just a recording and a projector mate

It just looks odd I don’t disbelieve his story it’s obviously true. 
I wonder is he now an interpreter for the government and if he’s interviewing asylum seekers on the bibby how will he know who are genuine and who are Isis. 

18 minutes ago, patto said:

It just looks odd I don’t disbelieve his story it’s obviously true. 
I wonder is he now an interpreter for the government and if he’s interviewing asylum seekers on the bibby how will he know who are genuine and who are Isis. 

That won't be his role, that's MoD and MI5 I think. But as a native I assume he grew up with this kind of activity so can probably spot traits we in the west wouldn't see. 

The way we've treated these people, who risked their own and their families lives in the hope of helping us help them from murderous oppression is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately not unprecedented.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Hopefully July 4th will be our Independence Day from the Tories. 

You can get 25-1 on a tory government after the election; so if you're worried (I'm not) about them getting back in, have a flutter to soften the blow should it happen.

On 23/05/2024 at 11:47, MikeO said:

You can get 25-1 on a tory government after the election; so if you're worried (I'm not) about them getting back in, have a flutter to soften the blow should it happen.

That makes a lot of sense even though it sounds funny 🤣 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They'll just be replaced with even worse candidates. Which is saying something seeing as they were already scraping the barrel.

No doubt. Same with Corbyn 

4 hours ago, patto said:

Labour conservatives Corbyn all a waste of space they are ruining our country all obsessed with mass immigration 

All the parties, even if some don't like to say it out loud, know that properly regulated immigration is vital for the country. We need people to fill jobs, and students to bring in the massive amounts of money they do to the economy...£41.9 billion in 21/22. Illegal immigration needs to be sorted as well obviously. The people who arrive on "small boats" are all being branded as "illegal" by the tories so they can ship them off to Rwanda without them being able to put their case for asylum (they can do that in Rwanda, but can't come back even if successful). Given that in the latest numbers (2023) 86% of small boat asylum seekers were granted permission to stay in the UK, it's absurd to ship them all off to Africa en masse, goes against all sense of decency and morality. It's a daft policy designed only to appeal to racists and bigots, and in that respect, it's been a success.

All that said immigration is a complete non-issue for me when it comes to July 4th; so much wrong with the country, and that's down to the tories, not the refugees.