IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nobody thinks mass illegal immigraton is good for the country.

How does an immigrant get to be "tick-boxed" if they're unchecked?:huh:

Yes.

You're entitled to your opinion.

They are being allowed to stay without checking their background it’s a case of fk it we can’t check everyone but let’s allow them to stay. 
average 500 a day coming it’s not possible to accommodate them and never will be. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

I’m talking about the uk your not answering my question 

You said regarding Rwanda is it any more unsave than the UK, so I responded with do you know of any UK citizens who have been given asylum  to any other countries in recent times, why I said that was to show that the UK is safer than Rwanda who’s citizens are still currently seeking and getting asylum because their lives are in danger. 
Mass immigration isn’t good for any country and in an ideal world no country in the worlds citizens would need to use immigration as away to feed themselves and their families. 
But whilst there are people who genuinely need help then should the richest countries help them or turn them away.  
You come from a City that was built by immigrants mainly from Ireland, but I’m sure there are many more immigrants from other countries that moved and worked in Liverpool and added value to the city.  

10 minutes ago, patto said:

They are being allowed to stay without checking their background it’s a case of fk it we can’t check everyone but let’s allow them to stay. 
average 500 a day coming it’s not possible to accommodate them and never will be. 

If they're allowed to stay they're not illegal, and people who arrive here by "irregular" routes mostly claim asylum so they can only properly be described as illegal (despite what the tories pretend) once their application has been processed, two thirds are successful in those applications.

I've not seen immigrants living on the streets, or heard reports of such a thing, so it would appear that it is possible to accommodate them.

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

If they're allowed to stay they're not illegal, and people who arrive here by "irregular" routes mostly claim asylum so they can only properly be described as illegal (despite what the tories pretend) once their application has been processed, two thirds are successful in those applications.

I've not seen immigrants living on the streets, or heard reports of such a thing, so it would appear that it is possible to accommodate them.

You won’t see immigrants living on the streets they aren’t that soft. 
they demand houses some want houses with 2 living rooms and some refusing houses because there’s no drive to park on. 
some supposedly from war torn country’s complaining about 2 to a room while it’s not costing a penny to stay. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

You said regarding Rwanda is it any more unsave than the UK, so I responded with do you know of any UK citizens who have been given asylum  to any other countries in recent times, why I said that was to show that the UK is safer than Rwanda who’s citizens are still currently seeking and getting asylum because their lives are in danger. 
Mass immigration isn’t good for any country and in an ideal world no country in the worlds citizens would need to use immigration as away to feed themselves and their families. 
But whilst there are people who genuinely need help then should the richest countries help them or turn them away.  
You come from a City that was built by immigrants mainly from Ireland, but I’m sure there are many more immigrants from other countries that moved and worked in Liverpool and added value to the city.  

I’m not against immigration I’m against the way it’s being done and yes I know there’s good and bad. 
but at the end of the day our own kids can’t get a place to live they have to live with parents or grandparents under current rules they will never get a so called council house. 

2 hours ago, patto said:

I’m not against immigration I’m against the way it’s being done and yes I know there’s good and bad. 
but at the end of the day our own kids can’t get a place to live they have to live with parents or grandparents under current rules they will never get a so called council house. 

I think this is a key difference though. You initially asked about mass illegal immigration and I don't think anyone has ever been supportive of mass illegal immigration. 

Is there too much immigration or is there just not enough effort to deal with them, integrate them once the government have approved their status? 

The torys are very good at spin and propaganda. At least its easier to believe that than the majority of the country are that fucking stupid to believe anything they say without being deceived. If they wanted to deal with immigration, they absolutely could. Anyone who says otherwise might want to look at a map. 

So rather than be angry with the people risking their lives to escape at worst or want to improve their life at best, look at the people in charge. May slashed border control forces before she was PM for example, police take a pay cut year on year if you take inflation into account, privatisation lead to all our money going into private foreign companies profits rather than back into the country... 

The state of the country isn't due to immigration. It's an element for sure but it's not the root cause. You only need to see what the conservatives have done in the past 50 years to distribute the wealth as they saw fit and the working and middle class carry the consequences.

If you want to be angry, I don't blame you. But be angry at the right thing.  

2 hours ago, patto said:

The conservatives saw the end of council tenants as a priority in this country with their right to buy policies, and not allowing councils invest in new housing stock, but handing it over to the private sector who can’t keep up with demand, then charge premium rent that’s unaffordable to many. 
But I do get your frustration unfortunately the society we grew up in when we were kids and young men is just a distant memory now.

Times have changed Patto and they will only get worse than better mate, up the revolution or is that too Red 😄

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think this is a key difference though. You initially asked about mass illegal immigration and I don't think anyone has ever been supportive of mass illegal immigration. 

Is there too much immigration or is there just not enough effort to deal with them, integrate them once the government have approved their status? 

The torys are very good at spin and propaganda. At least its easier to believe that than the majority of the country are that fucking stupid to believe anything they say without being deceived. If they wanted to deal with immigration, they absolutely could. Anyone who says otherwise might want to look at a map. 

So rather than be angry with the people risking their lives to escape at worst or want to improve their life at best, look at the people in charge. May slashed border control forces before she was PM for example, police take a pay cut year on year if you take inflation into account, privatisation lead to all our money going into private foreign companies profits rather than back into the country... 

The state of the country isn't due to immigration. It's an element for sure but it's not the root cause. You only need to see what the conservatives have done in the past 50 years to distribute the wealth as they saw fit and the working and middle class carry the consequences.

If you want to be angry, I don't blame you. But be angry at the right thing.  

I’m more concerned than angry I fear for the future of my grandchildren in 15 years time you won’t recognise this country and Liverpool will end up just like London a total shambles. 

14 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m more concerned than angry I fear for the future of my grandchildren in 15 years time you won’t recognise this country and Liverpool will end up just like London a total shambles. 

Sad you feel that way.  Can you be a bit specific, what exactly are you fearful of? And how do you think Liverpool will change?

1 hour ago, patto said:

Oh I wouldn't worry about us becoming more like London, we don't have anything like their money...

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2024 at 11:08, patto said:

6 hours ago, patto said:

It’s not about money Matt

Can you clarify what it is about? What are you fearful of for your grandkids?

I worry about mine as well, but being rural possibly for different reasons.

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Can you clarify what it is about? What are you fearful of for your grandkids?

I worry about mine as well, but being rural possibly for different reasons.

My guess, having moved back here, is because there's nothing for the locals. They're almost forced to move away from the area, meaning they take their council taxes etc with them. Any accommodation that is cheap is where the government, in some cases literally, dumps the immigrants. So all the cheap accommodation is no longer available for the young adults trying to get a foot on the housing ladder, meaning they can't afford to move out. Also, and I know this sounds really cold and it is, but old people living longer so there's less inheritance and no properties being passed down.

That's just 1 example. The government's of the last 50 years have fucked the North into oblivion. Like I said, it's all money.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Any accommodation that is cheap is where the government, in some cases literally, dumps the immigrants. So all the cheap accommodation is no longer available for the young adults trying to get a foot on the housing ladder, meaning they can't afford to move out..

That "cheap" housing stock is just rental though isn't it? So not relevant to anyone trying to get on the ladder.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

That "cheap" housing stock is just rental though isn't it? So not relevant to anyone trying to get on the ladder.

Not necessarily, it's council housing too where there were schemes (I believe, my uncle did it) you effectively rent to buy. But even if you only look at the renting scenario, landlords price people out so then either young adults and couples are stuck living with parents or they're moving away taking their talent and tax to another area.

There are reasons the immigration arguement keeps going on. But its not just that. Its the controlled decline that the right started 50 years ago in full effect, the destruction of communities for profit. Immigration is an element but its also 100%  an easy distraction tactic. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not necessarily, it's council housing too where there were schemes (I believe, my uncle did it) you effectively rent to buy. But even if you only look at the renting scenario, landlords price people out so then either young adults and couples are stuck living with parents or they're moving away taking their talent and tax to another area.

But that's the same all over the country isn't it? Why/how is Liverpool any different?

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

But that's the same all over the country isn't it? Why/how is Liverpool any different?

Can't comment on the other areas because I don't live there mate. I also wouldn't say its the same all over the country, each council and county has their own challenges, but some thrive. Liverpool has a particular history with the government, especially the Cuntservatives too.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Can't comment on the other areas because I don't live there mate. I also wouldn't say its the same all over the country, each council and county has their own challenges, but some thrive. Liverpool has a particular history with the government, especially the Cuntservatives too.

Don't doubt for a moment that Liverpool, as well as many northern cities to some extent, have been fucked over by central government; but I think that housing is a separate issue which is pretty much universal.

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Don't doubt for a moment that Liverpool, as well as many northern cities to some extent, have been fucked over by central government; but I think that housing is a separate issue which is pretty much universal.

Oh for sure, every working class county got fucked. But doesn't make it less pertinent and I presume Patto is only commenting on what he can see, which is fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Matt said:

It's really the most embarrassing, pathetic bollocks in so many respects. Everybody knows (Tory MPs better than most) that this asinine joke of a policy is a massively expensive attempt to get votes, nothing more. It won't deter anyone from attempting to cross the channel if they have a 1% chance of being shipped off to Africa.

Immigration needs fixing for sure, but this government has no interest in doing that, they just want to con the masses into thinking they're being tough on it to get votes.

That cunt Chris Philp doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, how do these morons get into positions of power?