IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Lets wait to see who the replacement is before celebrating.

It's a party devoid of any talent, hence bringing Cameron back.

It's going to be hard to find anyone as far right as her. Maybe this is where Farage tries to get in, once he's done with I'm a "celebrity" of course...

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Braverman sacked, not before time. Far right wing heads will be falling off.

Maybe the return of Cameron was to try and appease the far right of the party, all though not far right himself he was very well respected by all sides of the party when he was their leader. But you are right Braverman will be dangerous foe for Sunak from the back benchers, he’s lost any control he had over her now, interesting times ahead for the Tories now self implosion on the cards just in time for the election surely means they have no chance of getting re-elected even if Starmer scores a few own goals. 

The met police and their inability to control “protests” has been nothing short of scandalous.  Not to mention the ridiculous amount of knife crime in London. Two tier policing is disgrace.  My best mate served in the met for 8 years, be very interesting to know his views. 

Sadiq Khan? Trust him as far as I could throw him. 

the way this country is heading - it will not be a place many of us will choose to live soon. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The met police and their inability to control “protests” has been nothing short of scandalous.  Not to mention the ridiculous amount of knife crime in London. Two tier policing is disgrace.  My best mate served in the met for 8 years, be very interesting to know his views. 

the way this country is heading - it will not be a place many of us will choose to live soon. 

Soon? :lol:

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm a bit unsure of your point Haf, can you expand:huh:

Which protests have the police been unable to control (and for what reason)?

Is two tier policing really a thing, and if you believe it is who do you think are treated badly?

As to the last bit, far right being in power (they already have influence which is scary enough) would certainly make me want to leave, but all signs are that they'll be mostly binned at the next election...so I'll stick around for now👍

Not looking for an argument, just interested; be interesting to hear @London Blue's take on it....and still waiting for the elephant @patto.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Is two tier policing really a thing, and if you believe it is who do you think are treated badly?

As to the last bit, far right being in power (they already have influence which is scary enough) would certainly make me want to leave, but all signs are that they'll be mostly binned at the next election...so I'll stick around for now👍

Not looking for an argument, just interested; be interesting to hear @London Blue's take on it....and still waiting for the elephant @patto.

The issue with “control” on protests is the consistency applied.   Many peaceful protests descend into chaos because protestors feel they are being treated unfairly vs protests for other reasons. 

let’s take the word consistency and apply it to any form of perceived authority in life - if rules are tough or soft but applied consistently then people will be far less outraged. A game of football is perfect example… in the derby Ashley young got sent off and Liverpool got away with murder.  If a ref sends off a player for soft reasons on one side and does the same for the other side then the aggravation is minimised.  

There is a clear issue with 2 tier policing, the way they reacted to protestors after the Sarah Everard murder by one of their own colleagues vs the way they allow people to glue themselves to the road stopping emergency services getting to needy people. 

The recent “peace march” was never going to be unanimous “messages of peace” was it. Just like the “right wing hooligans” turning up on armistice day may have had one or two genuine people wanting to show their respect and support for a time honoured tradition.  The reality of how these two populations were managed were very very different.   My next door neighbours daughter marched with the peace rally…. No kettling being done there. However ex servicemen could not get near the cenotaph because why? A number of gammons chanting unacceptable things in the same way people in the peace really were making anti-Semitic chants. 

this is the issue. The police aren’t impartial at all. They are politically controlled. One of my other mates left the police with mental health issues - because he was challenging the way the police was being run.   The white board building up with burglaries, assaults for officers to attend to and no support…. Criminals increasing their activity cos they know certain crimes will not get attended to. 

This isn’t about left or right. Quite frankly I’m getting fooked off with the whole cookie cutting way that people are getting labelled.  Somewhere in between is the silent majority who stay silent cos one of their views could be fascist and another one being a woke snowflake. 

People don’t want fairness and equality these days, they want to find offence and win their argument with nothing but contempt for people with alternative views. 

we are getting the police force we deserve that’s for sure.  Get that utter clown Khan away from London and politics - the streets were taken a long time ago. Joe Rogan was robbed of his Rolex at knifepoint and got on a plane straight back to the USA - I think he fancied his chances of not getting shot better than he did of not being stabbed. 

country has gone to shit and it won’t be long till we see martial law cos the police have lost respect and control. 

for the record - yes, my best mate is in CID and spent years in the met, was one of the first on scene at Paddington disaster and now works on a gun crime unit which is none stop on Merseyside. My cousin is an inspector.  Many many contacts in the police and my opinion has had very little push back, inconsistency is rife….  But they’ve  got to earn a living and need to wait for their pension.

only my other mate couldn’t bare it any longer and is now a cleaner….. that’s lack of leadership right there and it all comes from the top. 

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

You don’t need me to tell you you know what it is I got a ban last time for talking about it. 

28 minutes ago, patto said:

You don’t need me to tell you you know what it is I got a ban last time for talking about it. 

Looked it up, immigration was the issue (how can that be an elephant in the room when the government talks of little else?:huh:)....and it wasn't the fact that you/we were talking about immigration at all, it was what you were saying about immigrants that crossed the line.

Plus it wasn't a ban, was a short term suspension.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Looked it up, immigration was the issue (how can that be an elephant in the room when the government talks of little else?:huh:)....and it wasn't the fact that you/we were talking about immigration at all, it was what you were saying about immigrants that crossed the line.

Plus it wasn't a ban, was a short term suspension.

Yes they might talk of immigration but they don’t do anything about it. 
what I’m concerned about is illegal immigration and the damage it’s doing to our country it’s in a mess. 
Ireland is going the same way in fact they will be worse off because their benefits are very good in the south. 
here in Liverpool our local people are put to the bottom of the housing list to accommodate immigrants they’ve never contributed anything to this city and they get preference to housing. 
I don’t have a problem with the people that work mainly here they all seem to be taxi drivers and I’m guessing west Africans because of their good English. 
And regarding MPs they might talk about immigration but they won’t tell the truth when someone does they get the sack. 
this country is finished as to what it was 50/60 years ago.

Great Britain forget it  

On 14/11/2023 at 16:23, London Blue said:

Haff, I have 21 years experience as a MET officer in a number of roles and I will push back on your views. I can't now but will do over the next day or two.

so you have served in the time after the Stephen Lawrence murder to the Sarah Everard murder which means you are right in the midst of it being an institutionally racist and sexist organisation. 

Be interested to know your views on the Casey review. Rowley (I’ll not call him Sir) accepted the report but didn’t accept institutional racism. The McPherson report in 99 was accepted. 

personally I think the met is an absolute shit show. They look after their own in the force.  The standards of policing is shit - it’s 2 tier, it’s divisive. Khans piss poor governance of it is embarrassing and has self serving traits 

Haff, I've just finished a 19 hour shift you'll excuse me if I get some sleep before I respond to your latest diatribe. Given that you are the self appointed fountain of knowledge of all things, given the vast number of friends you appear to have in every walk of life, I am sure you can rest easy with your righteous pronouncements for a bit longer, until I can come back with some factual evidence.

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

Haff, I've just finished a 19 hour shift you'll excuse me if I get some sleep before I respond to your latest diatribe. Given that you are the self appointed fountain of knowledge of all things, given the vast number of friends you appear to have in every walk of life, I am sure you can rest easy with your righteous pronouncements for a bit longer, until I can come back with some factual evidence.

19 hours! Surely that’s illegal, someone call the police! 

5 minutes ago, patto said:

Wow some strong stuff on here I’m not taking sides here but I have to say I feel sorry for the police they have been put in a very bad situation and have to be careful of every move they make. 

I feel sorry for them.  I feel sorry that the leadership they have is piss poor, I feel sorry that my mate has left the police cos he couldn’t stand the fact that crime in our region is escalating beyond control and it was making him sick.

i feel sorry that people get their houses attacked and feel like prisoners in their own home while feral pieces of shit run amok on their estate