• Jagielka
    • Schneiderlin
    • Coleman
    • Klaassen
    • Wllliams
    • Baines
    • Other please specify
    • Rooney

To be fair, that's probably the best outcome. All experienced, all been at Everton a few years now. Even though i'd have liked Rooney, I think for squad morale, that's the best option.

Surprised but I agree - all 3 are main-stays of the club during the last 4+ years, seasoned players and great examples of professionalism.

Wayne will have to wait for Barry or Jags to leave I guess, though I'm sure he'll have the band at some point this season

Edited by Matt

I'll add one more thing since I've been pretty opinionated on the matter, and that is that it doesn't take a silly armband to stand up and be a leader. Especially for people like Rooney, he will set an example of a winning mentality and any young player in the squad will follow his example and listen to him when he speaks up. Captain or not.

And any player who wants to make themself a leader by demonstrating an excellent work ethic, high standards for themself, and a willingness to communicate with their teammates I'm sure will be welcomed, armband or not.

I'll add one more thing since I've been pretty opinionated on the matter, and that is that it doesn't take a silly armband to stand up and be a leader. Especially for people like Rooney, he will set an example of a winning mentality and any young player in the squad will follow his example and listen to him when he speaks up. Captain or not.

And any player who wants to make themself a leader by demonstrating an excellent work ethic, high standards for themself, and a willingness to communicate with their teammates I'm sure will be welcomed, armband or not.

Don't start making sense!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/26/rooney-doesnt-need-an-armband-to-be-a-leader

:)