IGNORED

Sevilla (Home Friendly) Sunday August 6th

markjazzbassist

Not with the amount of money he's spent or almost commited to.. he's done in near £200m...

He took us to 7th last season, it's a fair improvement from the previous two 11th places. Having said that, this is a make or break season for Koeman for me personally. If we slide down the table, then I will have major doubts. If we continue to climb the table at the conclusion of 17-18, then I would say it's working. Big year for him and the players. Do all of these guys have what it takes (management included)? We shall see (said the blind man).

Daft to start talking about who would replace Koeman. Even hypothetically.

The blokes had one season.

Pre season has been a bit 'meh' but judge him on actual real time results. In all but the Europa games, we've made full team changes in order to get as many players some minutes as possible.

Just hold back on those reservations a little while longer.

Edited by Newty82

Daft to start talking about who would replace Koeman. Even hypothetically.

The blokes had one season.

Pre season has been a bit 'meh' but judge him on actual real time results. In all but the Europa games, we've made full team changes in order to get as many players some minutes as possible.

Just hold back on those reservations a little while longer.

You ever been to the barber's and 3 minutes into the haircut you just know you are gonna be unhappy at the end but you just let him carry on cutting?

Yeah... that's how I feel.

Howe is the English Martinez. Some of the football will be great but you will go through spells of shipping 4 or 5.

Poch wouldn't go near us.

It's definitely to early to talk about replacing Koeman but he still has a fair amount to prove.

I hoping that in a months time we won't need that proof any longer.

Seems a bit premature to be calling out the manager based on a few flat pre-season performances.

I thought we played well under Koeman last season. We had a good start, unfortunately that spell during winter where we went 10 games without a win is what killed our top 4 chances. I think that was down to a few of the players knowing they were on the way out and not pulling their weight.

As soon as January passed we picked up form again and had a pretty strong finish.

Koeman says he still wants a winger, a striker and a left sided defender. He's absolutely right in that regard as it was clear we need something in those positions.

I think it's safe to say that next week will look completely different with much more tenacity in the performance.

I may be wrong but at this moment he hasn't blown me away tactically... very meh indeed.

Howe is the English Martinez. Some of the football will be great but you will go through spells of shipping 4 or 5.

Poch wouldn't go near us.

It's definitely to early to talk about replacing Koeman but he still has a fair amount to prove.

I hoping that in a months time we won't need that proof any longer.

A manager should never stop having a fair amount to prove imo. I'm a big fan of Koeman and he was who I wanted from the off, but I'll never stop questioning him and wanting more.

A manager should never stop having a fair amount to prove imo. I'm a big fan of Koeman and he was who I wanted from the off, but I'll never stop questioning him and wanting more.

Exactly... I wanted koeman in but he's far from perfect and I'm not prepared to suffer more managers doing as they please with no fear of failure.

When a manager starts telling The fans tgat black is white then they can get lost. That loss against arsenal was a big cross in the box for koeman.

For all his flaws just watch the 3 zip whopping Martinez give him. He likes a dog in midfield which can make teams struggle to get a rhythm but if the passes start stringing together you get made to look like a Sunday league team.

Against big teams he flaps it and used to drop Tadic to go more defensive. We saw this at times last season, I'm hoping Moshiri will have more pressure on him to go for the win this season.

Seems a bit premature to be calling out the manager based on a few flat pre-season performances.

I thought we played well under Koeman last season. We had a good start, unfortunately that spell during winter where we went 10 games without a win is what killed our top 4 chances. I think that was down to a few of the players knowing they were on the way out and not pulling their weight.

As soon as January passed we picked up form again and had a pretty strong finish.

Koeman says he still wants a winger, a striker and a left sided defender. He's absolutely right in that regard as it was clear we need something in those positions.

I think it's safe to say that next week will look completely different with much more tenacity in the performance.

the thing is we have known for over a year now that we would lose a striker (Rom) and possobly Ross too, but where is the replacement for Rom? nobody can score as many goals I suppose but a nice useful big man up front can not be that hard to sign. ....... can it?

Can we pump the brakes?! We tied a champions league side in a friendly three days after playing in f***ing Slovakia. Keane and Pickford appear to be worth every penny - tremendous talent.

A day after they played Southampton and with a new manager at the helm.