IGNORED

Who gets relegated this year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i'll pop back in when the window closes for another guess, here are my preliminary thoughts:

newcastle - no manager, sold rondon, perez, joselu.  they have no strikers, no manager, and a weak side.  relegation favorite for me.

brighton - no quality in this side, they squeeked by last year, i don't think they will be able to stay up this year.

Last spot is a toss up between villa and sheff.  neither have quality players.

Newcastle they've lost both strikers, who got 23 goals out of the total 42, and their manager, who's known for his defensive ability only conceding 48 (7th best in the league) with a very poor side. If Bruce or whoever they bring in keeps them up they will deserve manager of the year. 

Aston Villa, lucky to come up and making too many signings. 

One from Soton, Norwich, Sheffield, Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth. Think United will be down there but too. Say it depends on transfers and injuries for the third. Think Palace will drop if Zaha goes. 

I think villa will do very well this season. McGinn is a good player in the middle of the park. They might struggle for goals but I like what they have done so far. Brighton depending on dunk and Duffy will be ok, trossard is a quality signing and they seem high on their manager. Newcastle bottom. Sheff united. Norwich 

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think villa will do very well this season. McGinn is a good player in the middle of the park. They might struggle for goals but I like what they have done so far. Brighton depending on dunk and Duffy will be ok, trossard is a quality signing and they seem high on their manager. Newcastle bottom. Sheff united. Norwich 

Norwich smashed the league. They have one of those high tempo press German managers that are all the rage.  I think they’ll go down soon, but not next year.  They’ll fight and use their team spirit and ride a premier league stay, then they will be relegated the next season lol

I think Newcastle will be the obvious choice of last years teams to stay up, Brighton maybe depending on their new manager but I think the rest have enough about them to get over the line. 

As for the promoted sides, Id say Sheffield are probably the most likely to stay up because I think they are more solid. Norwich seemed to score and concede for fun and history tells us that scoring is much harder when you come up a division so if they keep shipping goals at the rate they were then they will struggle and confidence will go and then they will stop scoring loads too. I expect they will start the season well though. I didnt think much to Villa but they have also lost Abraham and the CB from City(?) And they wont be easy to replace. If anything happens to Grealish they are done as well. He controls the tempo of the game and if he plays well Villa play well so I think they have a lot of possible problems to overcome.