IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) Sunday October 22nd

markjazzbassist

I've just watched the 10-minute highlights of the game, and what a complete shambles. It's been a while since I saw a defence so poor as Everton's right now. Keane was awful. There's no urgency as players trot back in open space while Arsenal rush forward. Arsenal forwards are left completely unmarked. Our defenders are caught on the wrong side again and again. How can our defence be that bad? What I just witnessed is simply atrocious. Thank goodness for Pickford; otherwise, Arsenal could have scored ten!

And kudos to Niasse. He never gives up, does he? Sometimes, it pays off. It may have been a stupid goal, but it came from Niasse's eagerness to succeed.

Yesterday was more than just a bad day at the office, it was the culmination of Koeman messing about with team selection and formation, the back 3 was he selected was never going to be able to hold firm against Arsenals speed and passing skills, they were waltzing through us immediately. If didn't change all game, the players are afraid of themselves and taking a shot, DCL gave his all, he will develop in to a good striker I think.

ive not watched Sanchez live before, but having seen him yesterday he's a littlesh*t, he was telling the ref where we were to take our free kicks from and asking for a card at every tackle, how he didn't get a card himself baffles me, and the worst bit is we let him get away with it all game, a team with confidence wouldn't have let that happen.

left the ground feeling totally disinterested, and will feel the same until Koeman goes. Can't say I'm enjoying my first year  as season ticket holder.

8 hours ago, Sparks FC said:

Vlasic in the middle actually looked alright. If it wasn't for Pickford 8 conceded would have been likely.

He looked tidy on the ball but I don't think it's his or Siggurdsons natural position in that they have more defensive responsibility than they should. Those 2 combines with Gana running about like a headless chicken was always going to leave far too much space to exploit. 

If you play 3421 which is essentially how Chelsea line up, you have the option of playing with inside forwards who defend like wingers but get close to the front man I'm attack with the full backs proving width. That is Vlasic' ideal position, maybe Mirallas on the other side and then fit the rest around them.