IGNORED

How far has your car gone?

markjazzbassist

11 hours ago, holystove said:

I'd say an Audi Q7 is more in line with an X5, no?  If I had the money I'd own one.. awesome car.

Parked up in Ouchy last night, and there was a Q7 shamelessly taking 2 spots - the line was literally down the middle of the car :lol: 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

0Wow those are some nice looking cars.  60s or 70s vintage?

bit of both  those show reg numbers in the 1970's  J is 72 - 73 I believe   The  FF is slightly longer than the Intercepter due to the 4 wheel drive system  (FF = Formula Fergusson after the tractor manufacturer)  

You could be right about me being a petrol head  :unsure:

9 hours ago, rubecula said:

Possibly but most folks do not need an off road 4 x 4  four wheel drive in a road car leaves two real real choices to me   Audi or something else.  I would always go for the German option.

Surely you wouldn't put either the either X5 or Q7 in the 4WD category, they might be all wheel drive but you wouldn't take them seriously off road. I've got an X3 and wouldn't even take it on the beach.

15 hours ago, rubecula said:

bit of both  those show reg numbers in the 1970's  J is 72 - 73 I believe   The  FF is slightly longer than the Intercepter due to the 4 wheel drive system  (FF = Formula Fergusson after the tractor manufacturer)  

You could be right about me being a petrol head  :unsure:

Rubes, that 7.5 litre engine was a tractor engine then?   You sure you don't fancy a 1970's Austin Allegro instead.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone all sensible today and bought a 2014 (25,000 miles/£0 tax/78mpg) Nissan Qashqui from the same place I got the Audi from, under pressure from her indoors to get something more "sensible"; she's right really because with grandkids a two door with very little space in the back isn'tt really practical despite them loving the "magic" roof:lol:

Not selling the cabrio yet though because it's so much fun so that's the next battle, selling in the winter would be daft so wife thinks we're selling early summer when in fact she'll have to come to terms that it'll be spring 2019 at the earliest (don't tell her I said that:P).

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

johnh uses it all the time, had to look it up myself the first time i saw him saying it.

I know he does and I just thought autocorrect was having a laugh at first :lol: 

Just now, Palfy said:

Favourite saying of Arthur Daley in minder.

I have no idea who that is. Have heard of the show but never watched it. I think I may be too young, was it in black and white? ;)