IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Any guesses how many would fly to matches? I.e. is it relevant that the airport is close by? Especially as this would probably mean they fly straight to the match and go straight back home (otherwise they'd still need to go to their hotel first to drop their luggage off so it doesn't really matter the stadium is next to the airport). If the stadium holds 50,000, what percentage would do this?

Btw, where would people leave their cars? And how much people can that train line deliver in an hour? And what would the good people of Halewood think of all that people walking through their quiet little village?

Guest John Burns

You "prove" Finch Farm is not in the middle of nowhere by pointing out there are transport links near by.

I gave a map proving Finch Farm is NOT in the middle of nowhere. Did you look at it? And transport is essential. Look at Darlington now the home of a rugby club, which still cannot maximise it revenue potential because of poor transport access. Get the big picture.

If we built a stadium and all ignite surrounding facilities at FF, where would we build the new training ground? After all of the millions we spent developing FF it would seem a waste to me.

Were you serious when you wrote that? The idea is build on the land around the Academy.

Edited by John Burns

Itt is in the middle of nowhere.

Infact if someone told you to pick a place n Merseyside that was really in the middle of nowhere you would pick there.

There is absolutely nothing there , there's not even a train station close enough to walk there in 10 minutes. Trust me, everyone who goes there who doesn't drive has to get a cab there. When Insay I know this for a fact I genuinally do, it was my line of work for a long time.

Guest John Burns

Halewood station, apparently a 25m walk, is the closest station that exists that I can see.

The idea is to run a line to the airport and Everton gain along the way, as does the Speke estate and Hale village. A win, win all around and big boost for the city as the airport has a station.

There is nothing to regenerate around Finch Farm as all around is fine. It is not like Anfield at all. It is the perfect stadium site.

Itt is in the middle of nowhere

So the people of Halewood and Speke, and all the industry around, are in the middle of nowhere then. Wow! Have you told them? Pay attention please. Read the thread.

BTW, there is a big chemical plant there. They are not usually built in the middle of something, but rather the opposite. That's a sort of a giveaway of the place we are talking about.

Will you please tell us where on the picture I have just given, where this fantasy chemical plant is?

Edited by John Burns

Why would they build that track to make such huge detour? People are probably wanting to get to the city centre, not take a ride around the countryside.

And yes, some people do live in the middle of nowhere. Like people in Halewood.

The idea is to run a line to the airport and Everton gain along the way, as does the Speke estate and Hale village. A win, win all around and big boost for the city as the airport has a station.

There is nothing to regenerate around Finch Farm as all around is fine. It is not like Anfield at all. It is the perfect stadium site.

Sop the people of Halewood and Speke are in the middle of nowhere then. Wow! Have you told them? Pay attention please. Read the thread.

Will you please tell us where on the picture I have just given, where this fantasy chemical plant is?

Yes mate Halewood is in the middle if nowhere Halewood Village is a new (ish) development that's growing it's just houses, it's miles away from Speke, you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about John it's remote a place as you can get in a big city.

Guest John Burns

If there was an announcement that a Merseyrail line and station was to be run into the airport, bringing in trains in from the city, Wirral, Chester, North Wales, Crewe, Warrington, Manchester, and so on, and having a station or two along the way at Speke and Hale, all would be delighted and shout about airport and city expansion, great business, projecting the city and so on and so on. All would think it is great thing. And rightly so.

Now a line into the airport would progress right through, or adjacent to, a potential stadium site a Finch Farm, as it is in the way. A nice co-incidence.

The two adjacent high capacity lines adjacent to the Finch Farm site and the airport can give all the capacity needed for a stadium and airport.

• The blue box is the Everton academy.
  • A stadium can go inside the yellow box.
  • The two high capacity rail lines sandwich the site.
  • The white line is a line to the stadium and onto the airport.
  • There are lots of permutations for branching the two high capacity lines into the line to the airport/stadium.
  • The orange line at the top is a line on the disused trackbed branching into the Liverpool-Manchester/Merseyrail line bringing people in from the north and east of the city if reused.
  • The east of the site is the M57 motorways which is the city ring road bringing in people from the east and north of the city.

9vzO3.jpg

A fantastic site. Even an airport nearby.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Yes mate Halewood is in the middle if nowhere

You have an odd idea of what is in the middle of nowhere. I suppose you think Lime St is ultra remote needing a stage coach to get to.

Edited by John Burns

It's funny who John proves himself wrong with those pictures. Just look at the latest one. What's there? Green fields for miles. And a chemical plant just south of his dream site.

He's clearly never been there. I drove a taxi round there for over a decade but I've no idea what I'm talking about. He then quotes Lime St Station smack bang in the heart of the city centre as comparison to Halewood which is right on the edge of the city and on green belt.

He must surely be on the wind up. There's not even a beloved train station near it. He keeps waffling about a station being put at the airport like it 2 minutes walk from Finch Farm :lol:

If there was an announcement that a Merseyrail line and station was to be run into the airport, bringing in trains in from the city, Wirral, Chester, North Wales, Crewe, Warrington, Manchester, and so on, and having a station or two along the way at Speke and Hale, all would be delighted and shout about airport and city expansion, great business, projecting the city and so on and so on. All would think it is great thing. And rightly so.

Now a line into the airport would progress right through, or adjacent to, a potential stadium site a Finch Farm, as it is in the way. A nice co-incidence.

The two adjacent high capacity lines adjacent to the Finch Farm site and the airport can give all the capacity needed for a stadium and airport.

• The blue box is the Everton academy.
  • A stadium can go inside the yellow box.
  • The two high capacity rail lines sandwich the site.
  • The white line is a line to the stadium and onto the airport.
  • There are lots of permutations for branching the two high capacity lines into the line to the airport/stadium.
  • The orange line at the top is a line on the disused trackbed branching into the Liverpool-Manchester/Merseyrail line bringing people in from the north and east of the city if reused.
  • The east of the site is the M57 motorways which is the city ring road bringing in people from the east and north of the city.

9vzO3.jpg

A fantastic site. Even an airport nearby.

That's a bloody big if! I agree, it would be a great development but would cost far too much.

The adjacent lines are fine, but currently there is only 1 station within walking distance (and even then, only if you fit enough to walk 25 mins, which could potentially rule out a lot of our older supporters). The lines are useless without a station being built there, right? So can you explain where the money for this comes from? What would be the estimated costs?

As for the airport, it's been correctly pointed out that this is a "nice to have" - how many people will commute by plane to see a game? Irrelevant figures I guess so there's no point in bring it into the discussion.

How about you stop repeating yourself and putting things in caps, and actually join the debate with some common sense? Comparing Halewood and Lime St for crying out loud :lol:

Guest John Burns

It's funny who John proves himself wrong with those pictures. Just look at the latest one. What's there? Green fields for miles. And a chemical plant just south of his dream site.

Pentagon is on the other side of the wide and fast Liverpool-Widnes Road, behind trees unseen. Nice try.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

The adjacent lines are fine, but currently there is only 1 station within walking distance

Pay attention !!!!! The idea is run the line though the site and onto the airport. A station at the airport is essential

Guest John Burns

He's clearly never been there. I drove a taxi round there for over a decade

You drove a cab around in the 'middle of nowhere'?

Pay attention !!!!! The idea is run the line though the site and onto the airport. A station at the airport is essential

So you're proposing to build a line now?! Even if there's a hidden one that's not on the maps, how much will a station cost? Both at the airport and the stadium?

John I'm not sure how much you know in regards to the DFT the government and various TOCS but there are no plans to run a line to the airport from anywhere it's not even in the pipeline let alone to just accommodate a football stadium

All the money regarding rail or the vast majority in the north is being spent on electrifying Blackpool to Preston building sidings along the way and new rolling stock, now I know that doesn't seem to involve Merseyrail and that area but believe be it does as TOCS require government funding which they won't be given for such an idea

Edited by EFC-Paul

You drove a cab around in the 'middle of nowhere'?

I deove a cab around Liverpool the city you gimp, and there is nothing there, Halewood triangle is a new estate spawning from Speke out into the countryside.

I'd bet my house you've never even been there and you're basing your data on Google maps which in itself speaks volumes.