IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Guest John Burns

I still don't think you can assume most fans will go by mass transit rail if it's there. It might be a if help having train stations near the stadium, that doesn't mean there is a station near most of the fans homes.

I could very easily get the train to the match, I know I'm only one example, but it just doesn't fit into my life. I tend to be busy before and after the match, so it's just easier for me to get in the car. Again, to save getting my head kicked in, I know I'm just one example. But all of my friends and family drive to the match, I don't see many of them changing. Unless we move to FF as my mate lives about two miles down the road, he might just walk.

There are about 85 urban rail stations in the Liverpool City Region. That is a lot of fans going by train direct to a stadium. When Merseyrail is extended, one third was abandoned in the 1970s, there will be even more stations when it gets finished. Many will go by car but most MUST go via urban mass-transit. For many reasons, convenience, eco in pollution reduction, reducing nuisances value of large football crowds, etc, etc. The city has such a mass-transit network which is the most used outside of London, you may have noticed.

Any where near the airport will make it more difficult for people from North Liverpool, Sefton and Kirkby regardless of choo choo trains.

Waterfront would be best as then no one would have to get more than one journey on public transport to the match.

North Liverpool is well served by Merseyrail and they could get there easily and direct to the stadium by mass-transit rail. No problems. Kirkby is on the Northern Line which runs to Hunts X right now. Look at a rail map.
The Waterfront? IN the docks? A no, no! Great opposition - by the likes of me, who will be active to stop such nonsense. On the east side of the Dock Rd, yes.
Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Well, according to the poll on the Echo site, 85% of the fans want a waterfront stadium.

They would vote to put it on St.George's Hall as well. The last people you ask is togger fans.

They would vote to put it on St.George's Hall as well. The last people you ask is togger fans.

Yeah... we tend to forget that football fans don't have an ability to make informed decisions. I'm surprised most have the means to spend £600 on a season ticket. Most footy fans are boorish pot bellied blokes who leave school with no qualifications.

They should leave polls to clever folk... rugger (opposed to togger) fans maybe, or golfers?

I must be one of those thick fans, I vote waterfront stadium... ahhh just imagine getting the ferry over to the match from the wirral... just have to be careful none of those footy fans throw me overboard.

Edited by Hafnia

Guest John Burns

Good news:

Lindsey Ashworth of Peel said “Liverpool Waters does not need kick-starting. We have a massive amount of projects underway that we haven’t disclosed to the public yet.”

This means they do not want a stadium at the site. They have rejected one in the past.

Referring to Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson’s suggestion that the stadium could be built on Peel land, Mr Ashworth said: “I’m not a party to those discussions so you need to ask them that question".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/could-new-everton-stadium-prove-11358133

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Yeah... we tend to forget that football fans don't have an ability to make informed decisions. I'm surprised most have the means to spend £600 on a season ticket. Most footy fans are boorish pot bellied blokes who leave school with no qualifications.

They should leave polls to clever folk... rugger (opposed to togger) fans maybe, or golfers?

I must be one of those thick fans, I vote waterfront stadium... ahhh just imagine getting the ferry over to the match from the wirral... just have to be careful none of those footy fans throw me overboard.

You said it not me. :)

Guest John Burns

Love nothing more than reading your posts John. It's like having Jeremy Hunt on the forum. Maybe you could use the word pleb here and there?

Good idea. Philistine, pleb, imbecile, beer swigging footy hooligan and the rest. Know any more?

Good idea. Philistine, pleb, imbecile, beer swigging footy hooligan and the rest. Know any more?

Grounded, humble, erudite, sage... oh sorry, for a minute I got confused with my experience of many Evertonians and forgot to conform with the prejudiced mentality of supercilious clowns.

Our (fans) turn - JohnBurns, you are condescending, patronising bigot who has no interests in Everton FC or the health of its future, therefore we will not be taking your intolerable behavior towards genuine folk who like to discuss matters without being offended. I would say, good day to you sir.

Edited by Lowensda

Guest John Burns

Grounded, humble, erudite, sage... oh sorry, for a minute I got confused with my experience of many Evertonians and forgot to conform with the prejudiced mentality of supercilious clowns.

You should not forget, and keep it up.

Our (fans) turn - JohnBurns, you are condescending, patronising bigot who has no interests in Everton FC or the health of its future, therefore we will not be taking your intolerable behavior towards genuine folk who like to discuss matters without being offended. I would say, good day to you sir.

Thank you.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

I do hope Peel will see sense and send Joe Anderson and Everton on their way, forcing them to select a proper stadium site befitting our beloved club.

John nobody is saying transport isn't important, it is. But we are choosing a new home, and there is more to deciding where to have that home than transport links.

Trying to force a move on us to a particular location just because it fulfills your idea of a transport Nirvana is not going to work or win you any friends.

Guest John Burns

John nobody is saying transport isn't important, it is. But we are choosing a new home, and there is more to deciding where to have that home than transport links.

Trying to force a move on us to a particular location just because it fulfills your idea of a transport Nirvana is not going to work or win you any friends.

I am no train spotter. You should understand how cities work. And what makes them progress. There are many aspect to a stadium site. Firstly, transport is essential. The poor transport links at Kirkby resulted in a rejection. Being in London you know the secret of Arsenal's amazing success with the Emirates (a club the same size as Everton in most respects, even their old ground). Click on the link on my sig.

Merseyrail, Liverpool's smaller version of the Underground, serves Wirral very well. One third of EFC season ticket holders have Wirral postcodes. Getting them to the stadium directly in comfort is essential. Mass-transit can do it. The same for all districts. And direct connection to the mainline stations. Liverpool has a mass-transit system, not to use it is madness. A point is that this mass-transit network means EFC have great choice in stadium location to guarantee success. Find a line or two (like at Finch Farm), with decent roads around and put the stadium there. Simple. The north end docks on the east side of the Dock Rd, clearing away the ramshackle businesses there (as did Arsenal), is another good site.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

Does anyone get the train to Goodison ?

Yes, Kirkdale. As do thousands of others. It is a bit of a walk from the ground though. If the station was at the ground with 6 platforms and large concourse facilities, most would get the train.

Could we put it here? Great transport links; right near the motorway, they're building a walkway from the local mainline railway station (directly accessible from Lime Street). Bit of a trek for some of you chaps but half an hours walk for me (beers round mine after every game though would be a bonus!) B).

Eight separate zones are being proposed for the Westwood development with attractions set to include a surf park with an artificial wave generator in a 300m long man-made lagoon; a concert venue; a ‘Made in the West’ artisan retail village; a cinema; a hotel and conference centre; upmarket motorway services and outdoor activities.

KEIOC might not exactly approve though :unsure:.

Could we put it here? Great transport links; right near the motorway, they're building a walkway from the local mainline railway station (directly accessible from Lime Street). Bit of a trek for some of you chaps but half an hours walk for me (beers round mine after every game though would be a bonus!) B).

Eight separate zones are being proposed for the Westwood development with attractions set to include a surf park with an artificial wave generator in a 300m long man-made lagoon; a concert venue; a Made in the West artisan retail village; a cinema; a hotel and conference centre; upmarket motorway services and outdoor activities.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/New-Eden-Project-plan-Devon/story-24896566-detail/story.html

KEIOC might not exactly approve though :unsure:.

Thinking of going your neck of the woods this summer MikeO. With 2 babies I just don't like what's going on in the world. A good UK holiday me thinks. Cornwall is a lovely part of the world. Edited by Hafnia

There are about 85 urban rail stations in the Liverpool City Region. That is a lot of fans going by train direct to a stadium. When Merseyrail is extended, one third was abandoned in the 1970s, there will be even more stations when it gets finished. Many will go by car but most MUST go via urban mass-transit. For many reasons, convenience, eco in pollution reduction, reducing nuisances value of large football crowds, etc, etc. The city has such a mass-transit network which is the most used outside of London, you may have noticed.

North Liverpool is well served by Merseyrail and they could get there easily and direct to the stadium by mass-transit rail. No problems. Kirkby is on the Northern Line which runs to Hunts X right now. Look at a rail map.

The Waterfront? IN the docks? A no, no! Great opposition - by the likes of me, who will be active to stop such nonsense. On the east side of the Dock Rd, yes.

No it's not. Kirkby doesn't run to Huntscross , Southport runs to Huntscross, you have to chance at Sandhills from Kirkby if you want to get to Huntscross.

Stop googling stuff to try and validate your argument, you have absolutely no clue whatsoever and are making it up as you go along hoping for clicks and bites.

Thinking of going your neck of the woods this summer MikeO. With 2 babies I just don't like what's going on in the world. A good UK holiday me thinks. Cornwall is a lovely part of the world.

At the risk of upsetting Steve I'm not really a big Cornwall fan; prefer Devon, Somerset, Dorset.

What have I missed re: Moshiri ? I don't think he's ever said anything and I see people are talking about Moshiri's millions and how he's going to spend big in the transfer market and buy a new stadium. I understand he has the capability to act as guarantor for financing but I don't think he's going to be paying with money from his own pockets.

About that Liverpool Echo article, one factor not mentioned is the rumour that Robert Elstone was taken out of negotiations with the City Council and replaced with Denise Barrett Baxendale. I'm still surprised that he was made a director.

What have I missed re: Moshiri ? I don't think he's ever said anything and I see people are talking about Moshiri's millions and how he's going to spend big in the transfer market and buy a new stadium. I understand he has the capability to act as guarantor for financing but I don't think he's going to be paying with money from his own pockets.

About that Liverpool Echo article, one factor not mentioned is the rumour that Robert Elstone was taken out of negotiations with the City Council and replaced with Denise Barrett Baxendale. I'm still surprised that he was made a director.

I can well believe that; he's an odious little prick who would rub people up the wrong way I'm sure. Edited by Romey 1878

Guest John Burns

No it's not. Kirkby doesn't run to Huntscross , Southport runs to Huntscross, you have to chance at Sandhills from Kirkby if you want to get to Huntscross.

Stop googling stuff to try and validate your argument, you have absolutely no clue whatsoever and are making it up as you go along hoping for clicks and bites.

You haven't a clue about Liverpool's rail network. Not a clue.