IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Everton have made Peel Holdings an offer for the dock lands site and given them 11 days to make their minds up

I would scream like a little girl. My dream for Everton and a stadium.

Peel though, have absolutely no reason (bar a shirt term cash incentive) to sell to Everton.

Giving them a deadline might put their back up.

this moshiri doesn't fuck around. i like this guy.

Don't wish to fall out with you Mark but this is another example of what you occasionally post that I find frustrating. Someone posts a rumour and you respond as if it's fact; same as you do when you agree with an opinion, it becomes fact as far as you're concerned. The fact that I take rumour and opinion as rumour and opinion doesn't make me pedantic I don't think, just makes me realistic.

My wife is the same as you, if she thinks something is true it becomes so in her head and no amount of explanation that it's wrong/speculation will change her mind; find it very irritating at times. Maybe that's why I'm short tempered with you occasionally.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand, really hope it's true also.

I would scream like a little girl. My dream for Everton and a stadium.

Peel though, have absolutely no reason (bar a shirt term cash incentive) to sell to Everton.

Giving them a deadline might put their back up.

all conjecture but moshiri seems smart enough to know how to get what he wants. he's overpaying for koeman, he knew that is what it would take to get his man, he's willing to do it.

so i'm guessing (all conjecture) he figured he wants the dock site overpay to Peel and make them an offer they can't refuse and he'll make up for it on the back end of the deal or something.

edit - mike i've not taken it as gospel, just saying if true he doesn't mess around. if not true, then he's no worse then Bill K. i just don't put that in there because its not confirmed yet and don't want to put disclaimers on all my posts.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Just watching the build up to the football today. The stade Bordeaux looks amazing on the outside, very different. And the inside looks great too. Two big tiers, same level roof inside, looks a really good stadium. Cost 168m euro, holds 42,000, great job done with that. I think seeing all of these new stadiums will mess with my head a bit.

Some lad off twitter had these.....

Application Number: PL/INV/1832/16

Site Address: Everton Football Club Co Ltd Goodison Road LIVERPOOL L4 4EL

Application Type: Full Planning Permission
Proposal: Re-cladding the existing facade with new tower structure, signage and lighting proposal
Current Status: On-line
Applicant: Everton Football Club

3_zpsc8zn9s77.png

2_zpsnahehigt.png

ClFH-RzWkAAYSf2.jpg

Edited by Lowensda

My only concern would be; why are we spending money on Goodison if we're not going to be there much longer? Where does it leave the new stadium project?

New stadium will be 3 years to complete from being given the green light...that could be from 12 months today.

Keeping Goodison looking nice for relatively little cost is just like maintaining your house and garden.

Make the Old Lady as good of an experience as possible for all fans.

I like the look of these plans. The corners between the stands look very unfinished, this would look great.

I don't imagine this having any effect on a new stadium, just keeping up appearances. By the wording from the club over the past few weeks about this, there will be further improvements along the way.

If all this is true, I'm absolutely stoked with Morishi. Seems so efficient and determined if the case.

Again if true, Bill deserves massive credit. Perhaps the delay in finding an owner by say 5 years will have us 10 years ahead of where we could have been 20 years down the track had he sold to anyone ( I'm confused typing that but I think I got my point over )

Also, don't mind spending some money tidying up Goodison, it's our home and should always look the best it can be.