IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Why do next to nothing during the summer and leave it until the season started? Seems a bit stupid to me.

The application for works was relatively recently and then they still had to tender for the construction works and get the plans approved.

If the original application had gone in before the end of last season, we'd have seen it done sooner but some changes internally and agreeing concepts probably took a bit longer than wanted.

I've got no problem with it....SOMETHINGS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!

The application for works was relatively recently and then they still had to tender for the construction works and get the plans approved.

If the original application had gone in before the end of last season, we'd have seen it done sooner but some changes internally and agreeing concepts probably took a bit longer than wanted.

I've got no problem with it....SOMETHINGS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!!

I'll let them off then.

I'm pretty sure the money has been spent already? The guy is a very clever businessman. If we are interested supposedly in Rodrigues at Madrid at £75 mill you think he is spending that out of his own pocket? The man is here for a reason. If he is going to bring usmanov with him as well you are talking mega mega money. The site where the ground could go is part of a £5.5 billion deal. Where has morishi made his money? Steel. This has fallen right into his lap and he has gone balls deep. I hope ha ha

There is a massive potential to attract support in for a far easier match day - a dock side arena can involve the ferries...... Eastham (South Wirral) would be a great option.... foot of the M53 and take fans from north wales, south Wirral up to the stadium. Fans from North of Wirral can get the train and be at James street in minutes.....

It really would be amazing to have the waterfront stadium. I went on the ferry yesterday and its a cracking mode of transport, takes minutes.

The ferry really needs a boost in income too, from what I've read.

I fear a little for Morishi if he doesn't get the dock. He has the money to make it happy and make a lot of money from it too if he doesn't, well... Remember how people turned on BK?

There's mumblings that the stadium will either be.

1 - Incredible futuristic and iconic

aytaWoe.jpg

or

2 - Traditional is style (red brick built) but modern. A lot of people seem to be mentioning the Lucas Oil Stadium as inspiration.

lucas_oil_2.jpglos.jpg

In terms of locale, the 2nd choice would certainly be more in keeping with the surround docklands? But I'm after iconic (personally).

I'm not that fussy, I just want to be f*cking awesome and incredibly intimidating.

Edited by Lowensda

No idea which specifically, but part of the Peel owned area.

If I was to guess I'd say Trafalgar dock, already filled in, close to town, not far from Moorfields and Sandhills. If I was picking one, that's the one I'd want. And I have a parking space about 200 yards down the road.

just buy the lot then, put hotels etc up on it, money made back in no time

I think that's what's being done. Multiple owners on one site has made things difficult but (and this isn't based on 'fact' but posts/reports from different sources) they've had a meeting with anyone and everyone they believe owns a section of the land and discussed purchases.

So if what StevO's saying is true, the talks have been successful.

I've got no inside info here, just hearing a few people talk about it here in work (about half a mile from the site) and a lot on social media.

Did the most basic of mock ups using google maps, but Trafalgar Dock is big enough to fit the Westfalenstadion, anyone whos seen the Dortmund stadium knows its pretty big.

I cant get the image to load.

Thats a perfect size site for a 55,000 seater stadium, with a little room to grow.

One big end stand, single tier, really tall and noisy (i'd love it to be safe standing, but thats another conversation). Three other stands, joined together, two normal tiers, one middle tier of boxes all around. On the dock side the boxes could be really fancy with water views at one end and pitch views at the other.

With all the talk of modern and traditional styles, i'd love to see a big single tier end, built in the traditional style out of brick, i'd even like to see it have the wooden floor like we have in Gwladys and Bullens in the upper tiers. Maybe use the Leicht pattern somewhere in the design, maybe even just in the brick work. Then the other three together in an ultra modern style, lots of glass and blue lighting. I'm getting way too carried away here.

Edited by StevO

I've said before, but I'd love a dock side stadium modelled on the old warehouses, maybe inspired by the ferries even. But it has to be a modern traditional affair, a bit like how the dockside appartments are setup

Steve, the brickwork would have to face the river in my opinion. Maybe a long and short side L shape facing the river with ultra modern facing the city?

Edited by Matt

I've said before, but I'd love a dock side stadium modelled on the old warehouses, maybe inspired by the ferries even. But it has to be a modern traditional affair, a bit like how the dockside appartments are setup

Steve, the brickwork would have to face the river in my opinion

All just different tastes in design mate. The reason i like the idea of the bricks being on the old fashioned end stand is to make it feel like the old Gwladys street. I like the idea of modelling on the old warehouses too.

All just different tastes in design mate. The reason i like the idea of the bricks being on the old fashioned end stand is to make it feel like the old Gwladys street. I like the idea of modelling on the old warehouses too.

i like it too, but I'm thinking also about the impact of the river view and the side that faces that needs to be in keeping. Whoever signed off on the Echo Arena and that God-awful multi-storey car park needs a slap