IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Still trying to not get excited. Stick that WHP stadium design on the docks please. Tell the planning board that its design is based on a cruise ship and we'll have no problems.

Can we run a book on how quick John turns up to talk about trains and world heritage sites if it gets an official announcement?

I wasn't going to say anything about trains? :D Was going to say that I was talking to my son yesterday who was at the game on Saturday. I asked him how the 'face-lift' was going at Goodison. He said that it is only half done and seems to be taking forever. Let's hope we get good contractors for the new stadium. :D

Way way behind on asking this but going to anyways...as an American completely unfamiliar with the city, is the appeal of the docks strictly its waterfront or are there other advantages when compared with other sites that have been mentioned?

Its a more iconic location so will be part of the hart of the city. There is so much around there so it will attract allot of people. Probably easier to get to. It will separate us from Anfield with a world class stadium in an amazing location. When people come to Liverpool they will see us first.

Ffs if it wasn't for Moshiri we would still have martinez.... the small matter of the £10m severance payment wouldn't have been authorised by Bill.

Koeman cost a few bob as did walsh. Yes we sold Stones and bought Williams, bolassie, Gueye.... that made sense. We also tried on a few other players and clubs/players tried to take the piss.

Remember also there is the financial fair play. Understand all this and he's not done bad at all. Throw the stadium into the mix and I would say he's been excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton’s efforts to relocate from Goodison Park will gather pace on Friday when Farhad Moshiri, the club’s major shareholder, visits two proposed sites for a new stadium.
Moshiri is scheduled to lead an Everton delegation paying site visits to Bramley Moore dock, the club’s preferred option on the Mersey waterfront, and Stonebridge Cross in Croxteth. The British-Iranian billionaire and club chairman, Bill Kenwright, have been in negotiations with Peel Holdings, owner of the dockland site, and Liverpool City Council over the latest stadium proposal for several months.