IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

• 2 weeks later...

Haha...listen to us..'ah, it's only £30mill'...easy when it's not your money!!

:lol:

Considering the naming rights, sponsorships and potential venue profits, it really is tiny in comparison.

It would probably kill the Echo Arena mind you, though that's not necessarily a bad thing...

Good on the club they'll be giving the locals a massive favour. It looks like a giant council house. Who ever drew it, or gave permission for it to be built needs to hang their head in shame. But not as much as then money grabbing owners they have, it's a shameless extension.

Previous design for the WHP site:

m27GKaZ.jpg

CLIENT: Everton FC

SERVICES: Competition

YEAR: 2015

With the idea of moving on from the limitations of its Goodison Park stadium, Everton FC invited a number of architects to come forward with proposals for the stadium with the best atmosphere in the world of football; a thrilling, inspiring and intimidating stadium, set in a new location in Walton Hall Park. The programme for the stadium, with a capacity for 50,000 spectators, includes stands for 17,000 local fans (Home End), 4,000 premium seats, 4,000 seats for parents and children in the Family zone near the pitch, a vibrant Fan Zone and the Club’s community action body offices: Everton–in-the-Community as a built-in part of the maximum level services offered at the Stadium.

www.idom.com

Edited by Rob1983

From a very recent news article:

tTNOKPN.jpg

Xan Young has stopped apologizing for being a sports designer. It’s a specialization shared by a relatively small number of firms, and she’s embraced the practice of developing seating bowls for arenas and stadiums.

“I didn’t really intend to go into sports architecture,” said Young, a principal and lead designer at Meis Architects. “But once you have an expertise in it, I guess it behooves you to make use of it. I realized that’s what I wanted to keep doing.”

For the past nine years, she’s worked with Dan Meis at various firms, including now at Meis Architects, a small, independent firm. She’s currently designing two European soccer stadiums (for AS Roma and for Everton FC), plus renovations at Staples Center and Paul Brown Stadium.

Xan-Young.aspx

Edited by Rob1983