• Phil Jagielka
    • Leighton Baines
    • Morgan Schneiderlin
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Cenk Tosun
    • Nikola Vlašić
    • Theo Walcott

I have voted for Cenk as for the game changer goal, that's all, not a bright performance but surprised about comments after Gana's performance yesterday. Maybe I missed something but he was ok/good defensively, terrible offensively. I know the offence is not his first duty but some basic passes in the critical part of the field were inaccurate which could have caused serious dangers against better sides. Additionally, he was out of position many times.

His tackles were spot on though.

1 minute ago, Sir McGiven said:

I have voted for Cenk as for the game changer goal, that's all, not a bright performance but surprised about comments after Gana's performance yesterday. Maybe I missed something but he was ok/good defensively, terrible offensively. I know the offence is not his first duty but some basic passes in the critical part of the field were inaccurate which could have caused serious dangers against better sides. Additionally, he was out of position many times.

It's been said about Gana many times about his passing and positional sense, which in the most to people with better expectations of players who play for this club doesn't exist.

But I agree with your summary and judgment of his performance good at one thing winning the ball, but even better at giving it back.

Now duck the stats will be flying around soon to try and prove you never witnessed what you saw.😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Sir McGiven said:

I agree.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I don't understand why people call out Gana on his passing; we've not got a single player who passes the ball reliably. Our retention is pitiful from one to eleven.

From my point of view its both his decision making and accuracy at important moments. Rooney was far worse at the weekend but Gana was second to him. Despite their almost identical stats that is the key and vast difference between him and Kante.

Just now, MikeO said:

That we don't have a player that can pass a ball six yards? I agree.

Luckily we have someone who can put in as many tackles as anyone in the league to get the pigskin back when we gift it to the opposition;).

But the irony of that is he's one of the gifters, win and give it I'm told that's his role for the team if that's your only job then make sure your good at it, winning it and giving it back is futile.

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But the irony of that is he's one of the gifters, win and give it I'm told that's his role for the team if that's your only job then make sure your good at it, winning it and giving it back is futile.

I agree that he gives the ball away too often, but the fact remains that he has possession of it because he's superb at the first part of his job. When the team is ticking under a decent manager and people are making themselves available he'll be the canine's testicles.

Looks like I have triggered another Gana discussion unintentionally :D

In general, I don't think he is a fine player for a side like Everton. He can be an useful substitute for his energy and tackles in the second half, like Niasse. It's my opinion, he is a one-sided player but in the modern football and the league where Everton aiming for at least EL, it is not enough. Here, I underline, the Everton I used to know. As that Everton is not recognizable right now and there are many other positions needs urgent additions, Gana is not the biggest problem in the squad.

Winning the ball from the opponent is a thing for his position but delivering the ball accurately right after is what makes the difference IMO. I don't think the problem with Gana is about tactics. It can be said for Cenk (can't play as a lone striker, needs service from sides and mid) or Walcott but not for Gana. It is more about fundamentals.

He is better than Morgan in any way. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I agree that he gives the ball away too often, but the fact remains that he has possession of it because he's superb at the first part of his job. When the team is ticking under a decent manager and people are making themselves available he'll be the canine's testicles.

Let's hope Mike.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Stats don't matter, haf. It's only what pete0 and Palfy see with their crystal eyes that counts.

Wonder what they would have made of Kevin Richardson.....  didnt do much other than cover ground and tackle.... pass range was very short.... hardly ever scored. 

Won the league with 2 teams.... Everton and arsenal. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Wonder what they would have made of Kevin Richardson.....  didnt do much other than cover ground and tackle.... pass range was very short.... hardly ever scored. 

Won the league with 2 teams.... Everton and arsenal. 

He was good never got relegated with Villa.

35 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Roy keane got relegated with Forest.... explain that one. Go on....  whilst your at it explain how Pascal cygan has a premier league medal and Dave Watson doesn't 

The manager lost the plot, and Everton haven't won the premiere league, next.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

The manager lost the plot, and Everton haven't won the premiere league, next.

Dave Watson was a top class centre half Pascal cygan was shit..... surely based on your logic one good player means the team does well and one bad player means the team gets relegated....

After all gana couldn't stop villa getting relegated could he? 

Check mate. 

52 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Dave Watson was a top class centre half Pascal cygan was shit..... surely based on your logic one good player means the team does well and one bad player means the team gets relegated....

After all gana couldn't stop villa getting relegated could he? 

Check mate. 

That’s gone right over my head your talking in riddles, but based on your analogy Gana is a million miles from a Roy Keane who even though was relegated went on to win the title numerous times, as you originally made that stupid comparison between the two you clearly believe Gana is going to be multiple league winner. 

Check mate, mate. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s gone right over my head your talking in riddles, but based on your analogy Gana is a million miles from a Roy Keane who even though was relegated went on to win the title numerous times, as you originally made that stupid comparison between the two you clearly believe Gana is going to be multiple league winner. 

Check mate, mate. 

You are probably best checking previous posts you made to understand how it' become easy to trap you....

One of your criticisms is Gana got relegated so Therefore how can he be any good? ...  my argument is Roy Keane was class and he got relegated which nulifies your point....

29 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You are probably best checking previous posts you made to understand how it' become easy to trap you....

One of your criticisms is Gana got relegated so Therefore how can he be any good? ...  my argument is Roy Keane was class and he got relegated which nulifies your point....

I think it was Pete who said you just troll and wait to win arguments but keep out of ones that you can’t win because your more interested in your own hype, soooo sad that you sink to the depths you do, feel so much pity for you friend and you haven’t trapped me now I know that’s gonna hurt hearing me say that so apologies in advance. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think it was Pete who said you just troll and wait to win arguments but keep out of ones that you can’t win because your more interested in your own hype, soooo sad that you sink to the depths you do, feel so much pity for you friend and you haven’t trapped me now I know that’s gonna hurt hearing me say that so apologies in advance. 

I've actually got bored now.... in 3 or 4 years of debating lukaku with Matt I never got bored... take a bow.