IGNORED

2019/2020: Potential line ups...

Matt

I think Silva wants to play Iwobu, Kean and Richarliso as his front three. Bernard should be the fall guy, he just has very little end product and looks like a rabbit in the headlights as soon as he gets near the goal. It's all well and good cruyff turning on the halfway line but we need goals and imo, he will never be productive in this department.

1 hour ago, sydneyneil said:

I think Silva wants to play Iwobu, Kean and Richarliso as his front three. Bernard should be the fall guy, he just has very little end product and looks like a rabbit in the headlights as soon as he gets near the goal. It's all well and good cruyff turning on the halfway line but we need goals and imo, he will never be productive in this department.

I’d like to see this. Pace, power and an eye for goal

5 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

I want this front 3 with Bernard in the Siggy role where his quick feet and a ility means he will have more freedom to operate. I think he will be very productive for us there.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

I want this front 3 with Bernard in the Siggy role where his quick feet and a ility means he will have more freedom to operate. I think he will be very productive for us there.

I’d like to see that as it looks exciting, however you can’t forget Siggys goal contribution and at the moment I don’t see Bernard getting close to scoring the same amount. 

12 minutes ago, barryj said:

I’d like to see that as it looks exciting, however you can’t forget Siggys goal contribution and at the moment I don’t see Bernard getting close to scoring the same amount. 

This is why I think Sigurdsson is such a good pairing with DCL. Gylfi is probably our best all-round finisher in the team currently (last game permitting), so he helps to make up for Dominic’s lack of goals up front. 

That’s why I’m hoping Kean can show a bit of improved movement and finishing in the box. It means we can play more of a creator in the AM role, like a Bernard or Iwobi, and not be worried about a lack of scoring power. 

I’d like to see a midfield three of Delph, Gomes and gbamin when fully fit. This would give Gomes more scope to venture forward and use our full backs and iwobi/Richarlison for width. It’s a narrow midfield not too dissimilar to Liverpool.

We would have to make up for sigurdssons goals elsewhere but surely we are all now wondering what we would be like in an orthodox 4-3-3 without him???

would the team be better balanced? More importantly, I just want a change from this 4-2-3-1 we seem to have been playing for too long.....