• Djibril Sidibé
    • Bernard
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Moise Kean

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, barryj said:

He rejoined a few weeks ago but had been part of the toffeetalk furniture for years. Lots of good knowledgeable posts and then there was the Lukaku thread! 🤦‍♂️

I thought I was eerily accurate on that one!!  "Fatty fatty what's the score"....  that was a proud moment.b

Steve - Haf  Burnley were rubbish and we were lucky to win the game, some people are already forgetting that Duncan played Man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester.  Carlo played a shit Burnley team and already he's the messiah. If he thrashes Newcastle  and City  I might get as excited as you two and have a few damp patches in my trousers.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Steve - Haf  Burnley were rubbish and we were lucky to win the game, some people are already forgetting that Duncan played Man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester.  Carlo played a shit Burnley team and already he's the messiah. If he thrashes Newcastle  and City  I might get as excited as you two and have a few damp patches in my trousers.

Don't think anybody is forgetting what Dunc did, but there was definitely a difference under Ancelotti after just one game. 

Also, we should've won the Arsenal game. Definitely don't think we were lucky to beat Burnley though. If anything, we should've won by more. 

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yes Burnley were awful... a bit like us under Allardyce.   Time wasting from 6th minute, trying to get under our skin.

Before Dunc came in we were struggling against teams like Burnley - Norwich beating us etc.

Against Chelsea and Man United we were great - extremely high output and the players looked like they had given everything. Against Arsenal we looked exhausted - albeit still working hard.

Against Burnley we retained the ball better.  You can see subtle changes already that will help us play smarter. 

It's not about discrediting Dunc, its about taking the base that he established and building on it. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The reason me and Haf are so excited about it is what the team did tactically.

We we’re far from lucky, we dominated the game. They were lucky it was 1-0, all down to some poor finishing. Yeah it was a tough 1-0 win, against a poor side, but we had great movement and moved between two different formations seamlessly with and without the ball. We’ve all spent half the season moaning that we don’t make enough chances, we made loads of them. Now it’s up to the players to make the most of them. 
If you saw all that and didn’t find it impressive after three days on the training pitch then you’re missing out on the positivity. 

Waiting for Mike with his usual “he’s not the messiah” post 😂

45 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yes Burnley were awful... a bit like us under Allardyce.   Time wasting from 6th minute, trying to get under our skin.

Before Dunc came in we were struggling against teams like Burnley - Norwich beating us etc.

Against Chelsea and Man United we were great - extremely high output and the players looked like they had given everything. Against Arsenal we looked exhausted - albeit still working hard.

Against Burnley we retained the ball better.  You can see subtle changes already that will help us play smarter. 

It's not about discrediting Dunc, its about taking the base that he established and building on it. 

This!

Its progress.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

You can get incontinent pants for that these days Bill😉