• Fabian Delph
    • Djibril Sidibé
    • Bernard
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Moise Kean

This poll is closed to new votes

Went for Dom. Nobody really stood out as our top performer, but we needed a goal and Dom got it. Thought Bernard looked good in spells. Sid looked dangerous in some stages of the game but let himself down with his end product until he produced that superb cross. All the defence did pretty well, Keane should be slightly embarrassed that Holgate is looking likely to take his spot. 

Delph looked very rusty. Siggy useless as usual. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Went for Dom. Nobody really stood out as our top performer, but we needed a goal and Dom got it. Thought Bernard looked good in spells. Sid looked dangerous in some stages of the game but let himself down with his end product until he produced that superb cross. All the defence did pretty well, Keane should be slightly embarrassed that Holgate is looking likely to take his spot. 

Delph looked very rusty. Siggy useless as usual. 

Siggy did 10 times more than Delph, although that wasn’t difficult 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Always makes me laugh how differently everyone sees the game because I felt it was the other way round :lol: 

I honestly didn’t know Delph was playing for the first half. Siggy was at least putting in decent set pieces and helped make the goal, made a couple of tackles too. Not saying he had a good game but he actually did something. All Delph did was pass backwards, apart from the 2-3 times he tried to pass forward and gave it away, and slow everything down time after time. Just as well he wasn’t involved more, because instead of doing nothing he would’ve been into negative values for whatever stat you can imagine. 

Went with Sidibe, his link up play with Coleman on that right hand side was great. 
I thought Gylfi was quiet but good on the ball, shocked that Sky Sports gave him man of the match. 
In the second half whenever Bernard drifted inside it was electric.

Im excited to watch this team now. Really excited, I’m feeling quite giddy just typing this if I’m honest. What have you done to me Carlo?! 😍

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Calm down Steve didn't play any better than we have been  under Dunc. A lot of hard work to be done yet and a few more players to get.

Did you watch us play under Dunc? We worked hard, very hard, but we didn’t play a lot of football.
Yesterday we played football for 90 minutes. The interchange of position and the off the ball movement was a massive change. 

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Still struggled to beat a very ordinary opponent Steve. The goal was inches away from coming out off the post, a 0-0 and the crowd would have been screaming for Dunc instead of Carlo.  We are Everton, that's what we do.  ☺

We struggled to put the ball away, no doubt, but the football we played was much much better. Our players need to put away chances, on another day that could and should have been three or four. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Bloody nora Bill... Burnley were horrible. Dyche knew that the pressure was on Carlo to make a positive start and he tried to frustrate us and make us over commit in order to score.  

We remained patient, holgate had a certain goal saved, we battered them football wise and got the goal we deserved. 

Big Duncs methods as great as they were from a correctional perspective were not sustainable. They were like a cross between allardyce and moyes, lots of hard work but very disciplined.  The players would burn out, we surrendered possession too often and chased it down hard. 

I can see a more intelligent tactician working with our team already.... big dunc will learn alot and his enthusiasm directed from Carlo will be a huge asset. 

Watching Carlo on the touchline yesterday....  he carries serious weight. The way the ref blew up before the corner was taken at the end of the first half.... he knew the time wasting was not going unnoticed, Carlo was at the 4th official from the get go. 

That’s the best post you’ve made for years Haf 😉