IGNORED

Allan

5 hours ago, Matt said:

James was on at least that remember?

You can console yourself that he had his last decent game as a professional  footballer for Everton along with the likes of Gazza, Rooney, (not sure if Hughes and Ginola managed that).

Not only that, for a footballer who has earned a minimum of £170k a week since 2014 increasing to over £200k at Real Madrid, he took a pay cut to play for us, but then decided to go to Qatar instead of Porto for more money.

I know, mad isn’t it?!  He literally sacrificed £5m a year to play for us, and was gonna sacrifice it again till he was forced out. he then decided that money was important and is now at Olympiacos after his contract was terminated by mutual agreement.

he wanted to play for Everton so badly (apart from when tired)  that he was prepared to take a 50% cut.  Unless he was in fact on extremely good money…… and the £1.5m spend on the summer where he was let go indicated that’s it was necessary.  I think the latter is more likely.

I’m just very annoyed for the fans who never got to see him in the flesh.