IGNORED

Allan

On 20/06/2021 at 08:16, Bailey said:

I am 50/50 with him. I thought he started the season really well but by the end of it he was getting bypassed so easily. He tries to do all the right things but he wasn't quick enough to do it and that is only going to get worse.

Different manager with different tactics may change that though and I would certainly be in now hurry to sell him, but I am not sure how important he will go on to be for us over the next couple of seasons. 

Agree here. Started well but by the end of the season he was getting beat regularly and was a liability at times. Age catches up with us all. I’ll be glad to have a healthy JPG and Davies if his late season form proves to be the new normal.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, patto said:

I've been worried about Allan for a while now he did look good at the beginning I'm hoping the fact he has stated he wants to stay he might improve with fans in the stadium,if not be will end up on the bench.

I think Gbamin will be an important player for us if he can stay healthy. Who knows with Allan. It could just be age starting to catch up with him and there is no cure for that. 

he is only 30

- maybe a few lack lustre performances was because he has two and a half months out with an injured in middle of the season, and taking a few games to get back to match fitness. Didn't help with Doucoure then becoming injured for the run in - so bit weak in the middle. A heavy games schedule didn't help either. Should be back on form a game or two in to the season. Saw enough last year to see he's a decent player and at 30 his legs should be fine for a season or two. 

Hoping over this season we will start to see a fully fit and younger Gbmin start to fill Allan's boots. Allan will be a good role model for him and others at the club.

23 hours ago, RuffRob said:

he is only 30

- maybe a few lack lustre performances was because he has two and a half months out with an injured in middle of the season, and taking a few games to get back to match fitness. Didn't help with Doucoure then becoming injured for the run in - so bit weak in the middle. A heavy games schedule didn't help either. Should be back on form a game or two in to the season. Saw enough last year to see he's a decent player and at 30 his legs should be fine for a season or two. 

Hoping over this season we will start to see a fully fit and younger Gbmin start to fill Allan's boots. Allan will be a good role model for him and others at the club.

Hope you’re right but whether he has the legs is tough to know. Not every 30 year olds has equal miles, particularly with the nature of his game and the injuries. Fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the minds of too many fans .... Longstaff just isn't exciting enough.  

Ive grown to realise that sometimes boring is good, boring is reliable, boring knocks the ball out of Richarlisons hands when he demands to take a penno, boring sometimes coats £1.7m and makes you wonder how many other players like this are in existence. 

20 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I'd want at least £80m for Allan and if we have to have Ramsey then it's £100m+Ramsey.

Seriously can't see this to be right and I don't think we should even consider selling Allan even though £80m for a 31yo would be good value for us, I believe this pocket dynamo could be integral for 3-4 years, 2 more good years then senior squad member, but this is dependant on being injury free and not falling off the cliff physically.

When rumours started we were getting him did my own research and best thing I read was from a Brazilian pundit who was asked something along the lines about what Allan brings to the pitch, and the reply was a subtle "He's a bastard" from then I wanted him, but thought as last season went on, he wasn't doing the right things, whether that was down to pace difference from Serie A or down to the coaching/lack of, this season, I know I'm new here but in the league for me our player of the season so far, because him doing the majority of the unnoticed stuff and keeping things simple, it has allowed those around him so much freedom (obviously with CAs methods it was protect James), and even though he is getting forward more this season he is still of the forward players furthest back but instead of being 40/50 yards from goal he is now 25/30 yards so he can effect our attack more. For me the comparisions with Reidy are there but the most important is the ability make us play 10yards further up the pitch and where Allan has been good is moving them up the pitch at the right time

On 05/10/2021 at 07:20, Hafnia said:

In the minds of too many fans .... Longstaff just isn't exciting enough.  

Ive grown to realise that sometimes boring is good, boring is reliable, boring knocks the ball out of Richarlisons hands when he demands to take a penno, boring sometimes coats £1.7m and makes you wonder how many other players like this are in existence. 

In many aspects of life, boring is good. It's predictable, it's consistent, it's not inviting problems. Sometimes boring is what we should aspire to be - odd though it sounds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...