IGNORED

Allan

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think he was maybe rushed back a few weeks ago and dropped back out  so hopefully he’s fully fit now as we’re so much more effective when he’s playing.

Absolutely. Spurs offered practically nothing through the middle, their fluke goals came from crosses. Allan was a rock in the center of the pitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Everyone knows that Allan and James only joined Everton because they wanted to play for Ancelotti, if they both haven’t made an official statement yet since Ancelotti left wouldn’t you have expected them to reassure the supporters that they are committed to the club, for me the silence says the opposite. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Everyone knows that Allan and James only joined Everton because they wanted to play for Ancelotti, if they both haven’t made an official statement yet since Ancelotti left wouldn’t you have expected them to reassure the supporters that they are committed to the club, for me the silence says the opposite. 

No, i wouldn't. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

IMO fair enough if they go, frees up the new manager to bring in players that fit in with the way he wants to play.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

IMO fair enough if they go, frees up the new manager to bring in players that fit in with the way he wants to play.

I agree with that, my real concern is are we going to have 2 unhappy players that may feel abandoned by Ancelotti, which could easily impact on their performances and desire to be here. 

46 minutes ago, barryj said:

None of the players have said much since Carlo has gone. DCL has said a bit about being happy at Everton but eventually wanting Champions League football. James has come out and said he was fine to stay at Everton for another year. I wouldnt expect Allan to have to say anything. He’s contracted to Everton. If he wants to leave, let him. I don’t want any player at our club that doesn’t want to be here. 

Neither do I and that included recently Stones Lukaku Barkley and Gonna they all wanted to leave. I just felt with the way and why they joined us they would have come out with a statement committing themselves to the club if they were truly happy to stay, the other players were here before Ancelotti turned up so wouldn’t really expect that from them, having said that I can see Ancelotti making an approach for Richarlison. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Neither do I and that included recently Stones Lukaku Barkley and Gonna they all wanted to leave. I just felt with the way and why they joined us they would have come out with a statement committing themselves to the club if they were truly happy to stay, the other players were here before Ancelotti turned up so wouldn’t really expect that from them, having said that I can see Ancelotti making an approach for Richarlison. 

Why though? When do players ever come out an release a statement after a manager has been sacked?

The manager attracted him to the club, but he’s look like a wanker if he actually addressed that being the only reason he signed (that and the biggest wages he’s ever had). 

What if he did make a statement saying he was committed to the club and then we bring in a manager who doesn’t fancy him and wants rid? It would be silly for any player to make comments other the the usual throw away “sad so see him go, look forward to showing the new guy what I can do” kind of thing. 

13 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

When Allan wasn't in the side we absolutely fell to pieces, he's integral to us being the team we want to be. I'd put him in the bracket of not selling at all unless a silly offer came in (i.e. - £75m+) as we'd need to immediately re-invest whatever money we made on replacing him. 

I do think he is one of the most important cogs at the moment, but I think he will be the type of player that loses it fast. 
The type that plays two years longer than they should have.

Love his attitude, work rate, and what he brings to the team. But at the same time, I think we could replace him with an energetic young player relatively easy.

And I love him by the way.

I am 50/50 with him. I thought he started the season really well but by the end of it he was getting bypassed so easily. He tries to do all the right things but he wasn't quick enough to do it and that is only going to get worse.

Different manager with different tactics may change that though and I would certainly be in now hurry to sell him, but I am not sure how important he will go on to be for us over the next couple of seasons. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 16:12, Zoo 2.0 said:

When Allan wasn't in the side we absolutely fell to pieces, he's integral to us being the team we want to be. I'd put him in the bracket of not selling at all unless a silly offer came in (i.e. - £75m+) as we'd need to immediately re-invest whatever money we made on replacing him. 

He's one of the more important players in the current squad. I'd rather lose Sigurdsson or Gomes before him. He seems a workmanlike professional, so I expect (and hope) he'll stay. And if Benitez does put all his early focus on defense, there's no-one better to fit into that strategy.