IGNORED

Allan

56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didnt really notice much of a difference to be honest other than Gomes being a real mixed bag of a footballer. 

Our midfield performance was just as bad against Hull.

I noticed a massive difference. I think Allan is the type one f player that makes others look good. 
Gomes for one has looked good since he came back, but yesterday I thought he was a bit of a ghost. Same for Doucs, he usually is a bit of a general, but without Allan doing the dirty work, he looked quiet.

But we do all see the game a different way.

(only difference is you are all wrong 😉)

34 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I noticed a massive difference. I think Allan is the type one f player that makes others look good. 
Gomes for one has looked good since he came back, but yesterday I thought he was a bit of a ghost. Same for Doucs, he usually is a bit of a general, but without Allan doing the dirty work, he looked quiet.

But we do all see the game a different way.

(only difference is you are all wrong 😉)

I dunno. 

Gomes looked crap against Hull and he was again yesterday against a better and more organised team. I don't think Allan made him look any better. 

I like parts of Allan's game, he does a lot of dirty work but he gets caught out too easily (especially in a 2 man midfield) and whilst he has a pass in him, he lacks quality on the ball. 

Personally I think he needs Doucoure more than Doucoure needs him. Chuck a technical all round player in alongside them and you have a really solid central midfield that teams will struggle to get past.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I dunno. 

Gomes looked crap against Hull and he was again yesterday against a better and more organised team. I don't think Allan made him look any better. 

I like parts of Allan's game, he does a lot of dirty work but he gets caught out too easily (especially in a 2 man midfield) and whilst he has a pass in him, he lacks quality on the ball. 

Personally I think he needs Doucoure more than Doucoure needs him. Chuck a technical all round player in alongside them and you have a really solid central midfield that teams will struggle to get past.

Got to hope the new guy sees this and puts a three man midfield in there. 

On 17/01/2022 at 02:45, StevO said:

Got to hope the new guy sees this and puts a three man midfield in there. 

I understand that none of us are experts but how on earth did Rafa not see this.

We set ourselves up constantly for the counter but we can’t defend. 3 man midfield - control the ball and cover the defence, let the 3 up front do their thing and Doucoure freedom to support them. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

I understand that none of us are experts but how on earth did Rafa not see this.

We set ourselves up constantly for the counter but we can’t defend. 3 man midfield - control the ball and cover the defence, let the 3 up front do their thing and Doucoure freedom to support them. 

I just did a search and counted, and I've written this 26 times at these forums - so I might as well say it again: Games are won and lost in midfield.

• 2 months later...

Its strange when a decision is made for the most blatant hand ball ever, the ref is not asked to review it.

When the ref gives a decision for a yellow, he is asked to review, and changes it to red.

We had a complaint in last year about decisions made against us and we were given an apology. 

Every man and his dog apologised over the hand ball decision, made no difference we lost a point and nothing changed.

I think someone from board level has to get into the FA or Prem league and sort this out, its not bad luck, its a directive from someone on high, and it needs challenging. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

I believe we are appealing it 'twice!'

First, we are saying it should never have been a Red.

Second, if the appeal is unsuccessful we are appealing the 3 game ban and asking for only one.

In my opinion our second appeal weakens the chances of our first appeal being successful. It will be a typical fudged compromise. The Red will stand and the ban will be one or two games.

As it stands it’s a 3 game suspension 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn't they tell the ref what to do? No chance this gets overturned.

attwell did..... not the PGMOL.  Attwell tried to re-ref the situation and you arent meant to do that, the ref had a clear view and judged it as yellow.  Attwell cocked up at the weekend so tried to over correct it.

Just now, Hafnia said:

attwell did..... not the PGMOL.  Attwell tried to re-ref the situation and you arent meant to do that, the ref had a clear view and judged it as yellow.  Attwell cocked up at the weekend so tried to over correct it.

Yeah but no chance in hell they undermine a VAR decision. That boys club sticks together (and yet they demand respect.... baaahahahahhahahaaaa)

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah but no chance in hell they undermine a VAR decision. That boys club sticks together (and yet they demand respect.... baaahahahahhahahaaaa)

you can just bet the all have the same personality type cant you.  Imagine my shock if someone told me that a ref was a very good player when he was young and played to a good level......

I can only think its because of how high his foot is and the fact he is out of control with a lunge like that.

The question is would Allan's foot have been as high if ASM's was on the ground? If it was then a red is probably warranted, but it wasn't, so I don't see how it can be!? 

I think its a case of reading the rule book and not applying any common sense.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I can only think its because of how high his foot is and the fact he is out of control with a lunge like that.

The question is would Allan's foot have been as high if ASM's was on the ground? If it was then a red is probably warranted, but it wasn't, so I don't see how it can be!? 

I think its a case of reading the rule book and not applying any common sense.

I think it’s a case of them making the rules up as they go along

• 2 months later...