IGNORED

Allan

8 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

If Gana comes in I'd let him go.ย  He's on good wages.ย  Bring in a prospect/cheaper option near deadline day if we need more cover.ย 

Yeah, Iโ€™m in agreement. I had forgotten about him, and I canโ€™t say that Iโ€™ve thought about his role in our current setup. Heโ€™s a good player, but not one thatโ€™s a big miss obviously.ย 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Btay said:

We have Doucoure, Garner & Davies as cover. I still think Allan has a bit to offer & would like to see him in this midfield we have going now. However, itโ€™s clear Frank wants a certain level of athleticism/energy in the middle of the park.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the reality is that it would take something catastrophic for him to start now. A solid if somewhat slow player doesn't really fit anymore. Good luck to him.ย 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, the reality is that it would take something catastrophic for him to start now. A solid if somewhat slow player doesn't really fit anymore. Good luck to him.ย 

I agree somewhat but I feel he makes up for his lack of pace with other areas of him game.

Garry Barry has to be one of the most physically disadvantaged players I have ever seen but he was an excellent player. Merely a comparison as they are two different players. Even Barry though, would have looked horrible in our midfield the last few years with how exposed he would have been..

Aside finances, we do not want players on ยฃ100k a week who arenโ€™t part of the plans. Itโ€™s a bad culture creator. ย Last season we had 5/6 players earning half a million a week who werenโ€™t even contributing.ย 
ย 

when you have that and you core contributors are on half or even less of that it becomes an issue. Allan was a good lad just no legs anymoreย 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Aside finances, we do not want players on ยฃ100k a week who arenโ€™t part of the plans. Itโ€™s a bad culture creator. ย Last season we had 5/6 players earning half a million a week who werenโ€™t even contributing.ย 
ย 

when you have that and you core contributors are on half or even less of that it becomes an issue. Allan was a good lad just no legs anymoreย 

We had/have players earning half a million a week?

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

ย 

I agree, not good having players on big money wages who don't play. It's good we are having a ruthless clear out on this front.

Let's see players earn good contracts.ย 

I don't think we will get any sort of fee for Allan, but if he not part of the plans, then no point in paying wages if we can get him of the bill.

Fair does to Allan for going to play in a much lesser league rather than sitting on a bench and enjoying the home comforts.