IGNORED

Allan

37 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

The tactical fouls we have missed.  Barry was excellent at them.  Enough to stop play and momentum but deftly enough to not get a yellow.

I thought he did this well yesterday, he does just enough to avoid a yellow. Momentum blockers, does enough to put player off without leaving boot in and ref gives a foul - the ref knows what he's done but can't do him for a foul as he makes it look like he pulls out of tackle. Very cute. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, StevO said:

Was a nice read. Didn’t find the passionate message to Everton fans like, but some nice stories about his life in there. It’s not like we haven’t noticed the man is so determined, but nice to know where it came from. Good that he takes care of all of his family too. You can’t teach that kind of fight into a player. The young lads who have been at an academy since they were ten won’t ever have that level of deep rooted drive to succeed like the guys who grow up with nothing like Allan and Richarlison. 

Hope he is able to do the business for us well in to his 30's. He is going to be a real fans favourite. He has been great to watch so far and when you here stories like that, you  don't begrudge players like this hitting the jackpot of a footballers wage. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Hope he is able to do the business for us well in to his 30's. He is going to be a real fans favourite. He has been great to watch so far and when you here stories like that, you  don't begrudge players like this hitting the jackpot of a footballers wage. 

I hope we get to see him in the flesh at Goodison soon. He seems like the kind of player who would love to play in front of a crowd who are up for it, drag that little bit extra out of him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This incident reveals just how important he already is to the team. We've needed that tenacity, that energy, that dominance, and that focus. It's just not there with Gomes or Sigurdsson. We don't yet know whether it will be there with Gbamin. We'd be wise to invest in someone else of the same caliber in the upcoming window, even if trading one of those two to achieve it.

In the meantime, let's give Tom Davies the opportunity to shine. Doucoure will fill the leadership gap, I think, and maybe Tom can round out the midfield. It's still our most vulnerable area, though.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i knew a guy that had that, he used it to his advantage and was a swimmer since he had no hair and was more aerodynamic.  wish the best for allan and his son.

Reminds me of Duncan Goodhew, fell out of a tree at ten and lost his hair for life, won an Olympic gold in 1980.

Olympic swimmer Duncan Goodhew