IGNORED

Allan

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Have you actually watched this back or are you being a hipster? 

Gomes was the only pass on.... James telegraphed it.  The only excuse I can offer Gomes is that half our team have been so crap at passing that they expect it to a stationary person rather than into their stride

Screenshot_2020-09-20-15-24-34-053_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-20-15-25-15-194_com.android.chrome.jpg

A hipster!? What the fuck is that? 

I dont know why you haven't posted the video. Its clear as day what happens. Here is a link for you.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/09/19/diangana-goal-vs-everton-2020-grady-first-league-goal-for-west-brom/

Are you suggesting that Gomes didn't run backwards to get out of James way? 

As for Allan, no I am not saying he should have done that. I am just following your logic. Fwiw I think Gomes is probably further from the ball than you think and it looks like he thinks the only ball on is the one back to the West Brom player rather than forward (given that he also doesn't have eyes in the back of his head). I would guess that he thinks he can't make the tackle and is therefore trying to cover as much of the angle as he can. 

As for Pickford, what exactly could he have done here (behind view angle runs after the normal angle).

His positioning is fine. He is set. The biggest argument is that maybe his feet are set slightly too far apart but that's being very picky. It's irrelevant because its hit with so much power. I just don’t see what he should have done better. 

I would love anyone who disagrees to explain it because I just can't fathom it.

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As for Pickford, what exactly could he have done here (behind view angle runs after the normal angle).

His positioning is fine. He is set. The biggest argument is that maybe his feet are set slightly too far apart but that's being very picky. It's irrelevant because its hit with so much power. I just don’t see what he should have done better. 

Because Lukaku has left and a bully always needs someone to bully. 

We have the makings of a bright new era under Carlo with a team that actually looks like it graduated the "School of Science". We have talented youngsters coming through and a new stadium. We just beat a so called "Big 6" team away from home, and came back from setbacks to thrash West Brom.

So why the actual fuck do some fans seem to have more fun putting the boot into our own players than they do in celebrating their success?

I have no problem with us fans giving honest criticism of players, but when it boarders on the ridiculous, and is just constant and relentless, it is so boring and sad. 

Calling people names or insulting them just shows the futility of a persons argument. If we cant be happy and supportive now, when can we be?

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

For one Pickford was retreating backwards dven when he swung his left peg, rather than setting and being in a position to dive with any power and cut off the angle - he reduced his ability to dive and gave himself a greater distance to cover in less time.  

The quality of strike and Mina's defence was the main reason for the goal but I am saying that Pickford didn't give himself the best chance of making a save because of position and footwork.  Which is my point.... It's not an awful error but he could have fond better. 

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

We have the makings of a bright new era under Carlo with a team that actually looks like it graduated the "School of Science". We have talented youngsters coming through and a new stadium. We just beat a so called "Big 6" team away from home, and came back from setbacks to thrash West Brom.

So why the actual fuck do some fans seem to have more fun putting the boot into our own players than they do in celebrating their success?

I have no problem with us fans giving honest criticism of players, but when it boarders on the ridiculous, and is just constant and relentless, it is so boring and sad. 

Calling people names or insulting them just shows the futility of a persons argument. If we cant be happy and supportive now, when can we be?

Who's insulting anyone? Not seen any insults unless pax or peteo are posting who I've got on ignore for obvious reasons. 

There's no problem in critiquing things that can be better - mina, Gomes and Pickford were my only slight gripes who on another day Vs better opposition could cost us unless they get up to speed. 

Edit:- just uncovered the post you may be referring to.  He's on ignore where he belongs. 

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Post of the day for me. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I disagree. Pickford needs to back track as the attack develops but it looks to me that he is set when the ball is struck. I have frozen it and I just don't see it. I found an example from Allison on a much easier shot to save an they look in pretty much identical positions. The fact here is that the shot is in the reach of Allison and he saves it, whereas the goal against West Brom wasn't in Pickford's reach.

The link is as follows and the example is at 0.38 seconds and there are two views.

I have also done more research into feet position and it looks like I was wrong on that. I don't know if it is just because he looks slight and therefore that makes his feet look wider apart however but it looks like they are just wider than shoulder width apart on reflection.

Given all of the errors that take place during the game by various players it just dumbfounds me that people who have probably never even played in goal at any level above the playground, want to split hairs like this when by your own admission, he wouldn't have saved it anyway.

It's like moaning about James because he could have placed his goal two further inches to the right so that grazed the post as it went in.

As I have said ... The main blame of the goal is mina.  Pickford never set himself right at all. It's not an obvious error but non the less something that didn't look right.

Allan done nothing wrong in my book, nor did James.  We have residual sloppiness from players who were sloppy last year who need to improve ... That's my take on it. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apart from the silly mistake to give away the free kick for the second goal, he’s barely put a foot (either right or left) wrong since he arrived. Does seem a little sluggish but that completely to be expected 

Didn’t get a lot of game time with Napoli towards the end of the season as well. Thing is, if this is him sluggish he is going to be a monster when he’s “up to speed”.

Not one mate who follows liverpool was happy we signed him, that’s a big sign. Looks a great player for me. 

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Didn’t get a lot of game time with Napoli towards the end of the season as well. Thing is, if this is him sluggish he is going to be a monster when he’s “up to speed”.

Not one mate who follows liverpool was happy we signed him, that’s a big sign. Looks a great player for me. 

Oh I know, I’ve made the same point too several times. Was just being flippant to balance out the nitpicking in another thread.   

One moment he’s an outlet for our defenders on the right , the next he’s rushing over to help an out of position defender in the deep left hand corner. He’s not a paluer who is likely to score or create a ton of goals but he knows his role well. Industrious and energetic all game. Can’t wait to see him at full fitness. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

A few minutes to go he was clapping his hands together and shouting at everyone around him. Giving away freekicks to stop counter attacks. Putting his body into tackles. 
Everything I hoped for. 

That free kick in their third, threw him to the ground, accepted the free kick, and ran back into position. That’s how to win games.