IGNORED

Spurs (Home) Friday 16 April

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I don’t follow other teams in the EPL closely enough to have any idea whether some of them match us in demonstrating such a variety of dismayingly “creative” ways to drop points.

Today was maddening.  One would have thought that after the embarrassing miscommunication between Keane and Holgate that caused the first Spurs’ goal, that Ancelotti would have pointedly reminded them to be alert, yell at each other, get on the same bloody page.  That they’d have talked constantly with each other for the remainder of the match.  Yet the second goal looked equally, even identically, the product of an utter failure to play in synch as CH’s.  They just looked stupid.

Yet another deflating variety of bumbling mental and physical torpor.

I've said it many times but we have some of the most unintelligent players that you will find. By intelligence, I mean footballing intelligence. It has me tearing my hair out watching us. Take Iwobi for an example - he looks utterly clueless as to what to do when he gets the ball and just puts his head down and goes, and then invariably just fucking runs into an opposition player. Players passing to their team mates when you can clearly see before the pass that you're playing them into trouble. The examples you listed from last night - doing the same things without learning from them, but they'd swapped roles for who fucked it up.

Having James here has just exacerbated my frustration with this team because he demonstrates footballing intelligence in bucketful's. 

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

That was by far the best game I have seen from us for a long time. That period after we scored to on or around their 2nd goal was much more like it. We had control of the ball and we were pressing much more aggresively. 

Davies had his best game for a while. I thought he was going to have a stinker in those first 30 minutes but he played really well after that. Him and Allan always just seemed to get their foot in. It was good to see the latter back in the side too. He too started slow but got better and better. 

James was the star of the show though. I have questioned his attitude but there was nothing wrong with it today. He more than rose to then occasion. Godfrey had an excellent game too and Coleman's cameo was a breath of fresh air compared to the directionless performance from Iwobi. Siggy showed moments of quality too, that goal was outstanding. 

Keane and Holgate were unquestionably the let downs. The former had his worst game for a long time. Richarlison was a massive let down again too. He worked his socks off and did all the right things until it came to that final moment. When James gets the ball its like time slows down but with Richarlison it goes into fast forward. 

There was a point when I really thought this game could be a catalyst but that goal took the wind out of the moment. Spurs are a terribly managed side who cant tell their arse from their elbow so we can definitely beat them to 7th. The Arsenal game could be a big one.

But we couldn't beat them on the night.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Unfortunately it’s hard to legislate for 2 comical moments like that, especially from one of the improved players this season. 

As much as Keane was at fault, I always feel like we look really uncomfortable defending whenever Holgate is on the field (either RB or CB).

Hopefully next season, with a new RB & cover for LB, Keane and Godfrey can make a good partnership in centre defence for us. Godfrey has the potential to be a world class in that position. We've really lucked out on him as there isn’t many quality CBs to go around at the minute. Thank god Gabriel turned us down for Arsenal.

On that note - it's difficult to pick between James and Godfrey for player of the season for me. I think Godfrey just edges it with the games James has missed. Such an important player for us already and so versatile. 

Kane has moved up a notch with his finishing and all-round play.  

However if spurs box clever they should go for a kane greenwood swap and get cash plus a future world class player for someone who looks like injuries may hamper his final peak years. 

Id deffo try a cheeky DCL swap for greenwood - his ceiling is far higher than Doms