IGNORED

Malang Sarr

59 minutes ago, patto said:

Why are you obsessed with young players being kids Branthwaite isn’t going anywhere especially if we move a CB out. 
Rafa’s preferred system this season is 4 4 2 unless he has to change his system to 3 at the back in that case Branthwaite will play on the left of the 3. 

I’d love Branthwaite to get game time here this season but he’s not likely to get a great deal with 4 ‘senior’ players ahead of him. I’d happily say goodbye to Keane and/or Holgate and if Mina’s not signing a new deal it may make business sense to (sadly) sell him but we’d still be looking to sign a senior centre back to replace any of these. For now, I’d happily take Sarr for a season and let Branthwaite get guaranteed minutes elsewhere.

On 22/08/2021 at 15:46, patto said:

Why are you obsessed with young players being kids Branthwaite isn’t going anywhere especially if we move a CB out. 
Rafa’s preferred system this season is 4 4 2 unless he has to change his system to 3 at the back in that case Branthwaite will play on the left of the 3. 

I really hope Branthwaite makes it at Everton. But if you think he’s going to be playing in the first team this season I think you’re crazy. He may be in the squad a lot, but he’s a long way from being a starter. 

It’s not an obsession for me that they are kids, but what else would you rather I called them? Young inexperienced footballers? Fine. But calling them kids or not doesn’t change if I think they are good enough to consider being part of the first team yet. 

The original point that we don’t have a left footed centre half in the first team still stands for me. Mina, Holgate, Keane and Godfrey are all right footed. Everyone else isn’t first team yet. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

He will play I don’t know what the problem is he played 18 month or so ago. 
he should play tomorrow 

He played because everyone else was injured. If he was ready to play back then why would he be loaned out? And then why didn’t he stay in the Blackburn team?

I hope the lad has a great future ahead of him, but to expect him to be playing in our first team right now is just daft. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

He will play I don’t know what the problem is he played 18 month or so ago. 
he should play tomorrow 

He played because he had to. As soon as he didn’t have to he was loaned out where he had some good games and some awful games.

He’s clearly not ready for our first team right now, so to count him as a first team option is a bit naive. I have high hopes for him but he needs to go out on loan again and learn a bit more. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

He played because everyone else was injured. If he was ready to play back then why would he be loaned out? And then why didn’t he stay in the Blackburn team?

I hope the lad has a great future ahead of him, but to expect him to be playing in our first team right now is just daft. 

I wish you’d posted this a bit earlier so I didn’t have to bother with my post :lol:.

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

Oh no, now people will think we’re up to something because we have the same opinion. 😂

I think the mods should be like the political parties so we have a good mix of opinions, Mike would be LibDem, Matt would be Labour, Steve would be the Green Party and Romey would be the SNP because he’s always angry and drinks a lot 😂

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think the mods should be like the political parties so we have a good mix of opinions, Mike would be LibDem, Matt would be Labour, Steve would be the Green Party and Romey would be the SNP because he’s always angry and drinks a lot 😂

Very grateful none of us were blighted with the Tory badge.

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I almost got angry then when I thought you’d put BNP :lol:.

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The Green Party? I don’t know if I should be flattered or offended. 
Do I have a conscience but I’m ultimately useless? 😂 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

The Green Party? I don’t know if I should be flattered or offended. 
Do I have a conscience but I’m ultimately useless? 😂 

In this day and age I would be quite flattered, I think you come out quite well with my selection the other option I was toying with was the Monster Raving Lunatic Party 😉

1 hour ago, patto said:

He did get injured last season and he has only just got back to fitness so he is ready to play now.

His injuries didn’t finish the season. For him, he just wasn’t good enough to get back in the team after the injury. 
It doesn’t matter anyway, you’re convinced he’s ready to play. Realistically, he won’t be first choice anytime soon but we’ll have to just trust the manager.