IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) 6th December

Romey 1878

We’re still Everton though. We’re happy to beat them but Arsenal are a poor team…. Currently fighting for bottoms spot!

I must have been at a different match. I thought we played the same Arsenal who until last week we’re the leagues form team.

And honestly, even at 0-1 down thought we were the better team.

I also thought we restricted a premier league team to 3 or 4 chances through the whole match, and ourselves scored 2, had two chalked off for extremely marginal offsides, and missed three decent chances ourselves.

Proud of the way the lads came out and fought. Worked hard until the last second. Didn’t get their heads down after conceding. And the crowd!…..

The crowd cheated, we had twelve men out there! Absolutely fantastic night! And may I add…. Substitutions that actually made a difference.

Richie!!!!! Richie! What an absolute throwback of a performance. The guy was a legend tonight. He even learnt to speak English during the match!

COYBs! 

On 06/12/2021 at 23:30, Zoo 2.0 said:

When you're in a run as bad as we have been, the performance doesn't really mean much IMO. Winning 1-0, 7-0, 8-4, 3-2 is meaningless compared to the three points and potential springboard that tonight has created. 

I think if we analyse the performance then there were definitely multiple areas for improvement, but just getting over the line was massive today.

I do get your point but I think if the management and players go away from that game thinking all is well, they will be in for a rude awakening. 

Keep playing that way, giving away clear cut chances and we will lose. 

IMO the crowd won that game. Arsenal's players bottled it and ours actually took some initiative.