IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) 6th December

Romey 1878

Top performance that. Brill 3 points. Goodison was rocking again. Needed that win like we all know.

I get that typical Evertonian mixed emotion after games like this. Elated and at the same time a bit pissed that we only seem to show this level if desire, want and ruthless energy after a load of flack, threat to protest or after a sacking. C'mon on now lads, you've seen how the fans will react...no one will ever question you if you turn up and give it some!

A welcome relief me thinks.

Great result, play like this and we'll get Europa. Fans on 27mins showed what we're really about. I think Benitez may be making his mark on the club, not from tonight's result, but I wonder how much influence he had on first the doctor going and then Brands. Anyway I'm gonna have a few beers.

Well that was a night to remember after the run of disappointment. Really didn’t think we would pull it back after the decisions going against us. Goodison was rocking, so glad the crowd were behind the players most of the time. Arsenal we’re a fucking horrible bunch of who gets and time wasters,.

Hopefully this is a corner turned and well put some decent performances in and get the results 

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Strangely excited about tonight and I've absolutely no idea why. Expecting us to be 6-0 down at half time to bring me back down to Earth :lol:.

Mystic Zoo at your service :yay:

Unbelievable night, Goodison absolutely rocking and a real Dogs of War performance. Backs to the corner and we absolutely wiped the floor with Arsenal, take away two extremely marginal offsides and it's a 4-1 win. 

Can't really think too much about the performance - ears ringing, throat sore. Demarai Grayyyyyy Ole Oleeeeeeeeeee

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Amazing way to win it but we were still a bit shit werent we? It took two wonder strikes from Gray and they had 3 or 4 clear cut chances.

It is a massive 3 points, huge for us, but we play like that every week we will lose more than we win. 

When you're in a run as bad as we have been, the performance doesn't really mean much IMO. Winning 1-0, 7-0, 8-4, 3-2 is meaningless compared to the three points and potential springboard that tonight has created. 

I think if we analyse the performance then there were definitely multiple areas for improvement, but just getting over the line was massive today.

That first half was so poor from both sides. There was very little quality on show and neither side deserved to be leading at half time. What I will say about us, though, is that at least we weren’t passive like we’ve been on this horrendous run we’ve been on. It wasn’t pretty but I liked that we got stuck in.

Second half, I thought we had more of a go attacking-wise. That wasn’t pretty either for the most part and plenty of attacks broke down pathetically (hence the 35% possession - we really need to get better at keeping hold of the ball), but actually attacking the opposition is huge progress from what we’ve had to sit through for much of this season.

I know we rode our luck a bit after our equaliser but I do feel like we deserved the victory on the whole. And I know Arsenal were (are?) a poor side but it should instill a bit of confidence for the coming games. 

Just got back! Not read the comments but I thoroughly enjoyed that. Richie was awesome and run his legs into the ground. GP was rocking in the last 20-30 mins and Arsenal looked visibly rattled. In my view their players inadvertently helped the atmosphere with their shenanigans.

It wasn’t all good and I know there is loads of room for improvement but there was effort, desire, tenacity and above all grit and determination in the face of adversity. 
Iwobi could have put the cherry on top of the cake but the less I say the better! 

•  

• Everton have won three consecutive league matches against Arsenal for the first time since April 1986.

• Arsenal have scored 112 Premier League goals against Everton, the joint-most any side has scored against another in Premier League history (level with Manchester United vs Newcastle). The Gunners’ 332 top-flight goals against Everton is the most one side has scored against another in top-flight history since the Football League was formed in 1888.

• The Toffees have won 10 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season, more than any other side in 2021-22.