IGNORED

Brighton at home

duncanmckenzieismagic

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just don't get how you can say that with any confidence after our performances this season.

Because I am an generally an optimist and a glass half full type of person. Always looking to extract any positives from a given situation as it helps keep me sane and get maximum enjoyment from things. Given the time, effort and expense I spend, I'll be damed if it just going to make me miserable 24/7. 

Next week I am anticipating the beginning of a great 2022 FA cup run. 😁 and the new signings this month are going to be amazing and turn our fortunes around. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Because I am an generally an optimist and a glass half full type of person. Always looking to extract any positives from a given situation as it helps keep me sane and get maximum enjoyment from things. Given the time, effort and expense I spend, I'll be damed if it just going to make me miserable 24/7. 

Next week I am anticipating the beginning of a great 2022 FA cup run. 😁 and the new signings this month are going to be amazing and turn our fortunes around. 

On the whole, I tend to be an optimist as well - but I'm also a realist. One thing's for sure: Hope is not a strategy.

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Are you sure Everton are the right club for you? 🤣🤣

Now I know how a hamster feels and I can certainly sympathize. How long are we going to keep doing this? The issues at the club are in two key areas. The leadership and the players. Brands and Rafa are/will be sacrificial lambs. We've been leaking goals for damn near a decade now because our CBs are shit. Keane is a goddamn f***ing parking cone. If I see one more f***ing stat lauding his clearance rate I'm going to vomit. It's not anything he does well the other team is just allowed so many opportunities to cross the ball a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Martinez, Koeman and Marco are all decent enough managers, certainly not as bad as we've made them out to be. The only time we haven't conceded regularly is Fat Sam and the end of Carlo - where we all pissed and moaned about the football. Our defense is shit and until we sign a truly great CB that will continue to be the case. 

None of us truly know what's going on between Digne and Rafa. Rafa may have been justified in dropping him. However what he did yesterday is horrible management. If Digne is available to play he has to start. If you're not going to start him don't put him on the teamsheet. There is simply no middle ground whatsoever when you march out a back 5 and play JJK. Then you leave Godfrey out there at LB when we're chasing a goal. Absolutely ridiculous decisions. Not to mention throwing Rondon on. I was fine with signing him as there was a chance he still had something and it cost us nothing other than some wages. He clearly has nothing left. Simms or Dobbin would have offered slightly more than nothing. They would have at least been able to run and try to force Brighton to lose their shape. I've been in Rafa's camp since the beginning but yesterday was brutal. Going back to the top the problem is any manager with any common sense knows not to touch us. Graham Potter would be awesome but he knows better than to come here, as do all the others with any potential apparently. 

Here's hoping to a cup run.