IGNORED

What A Mess

Cisk

Apologies if this has been started / touched on already somewhere but I could not see any discussions when scanning through.

Been switched off a bit to all that has been going on and the results etc... in the last couple of months. It was only going one way!

Now with the mess, some say crisis, in place I'm switched back on again.

We have to get this next phase in our chapter seriously right and the board need to seriously wake up and smell the coffee!

Not sure any of us really know the state the club is in but from what seems to have happened in the last month or two is a complete desperation trust in a Benitez set-up which has ended up with egg on faces. We have no DoF (although what Brands did or was allowed to do, is highly debateable) to advise on footballing matters, we have no scouting structure, we have no medical team, we have sever restrictions due to FFP - we have little to no funds for recruitment, we've now got to pay out again against FFP to pay off Benitez and his chosen men, we have moved along a quality player (Digne) for an average fee and replace him with a gamble that has to work as there are no other LB choices at the club, we also have a board performing strategic reviews of the club / business - but making no progressive steps, we also have zero comms coming out from the club to fans, we potential could lose our young stars again on frees due to their lack of use.

Much as I am excited about our new stadium being built - I dont want to see another drone footage update of it for some good PR for the club.

How worried should we be and how desperate are the board now?

15 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Apologies if this has been started / touched on already somewhere but I could not see any discussions when scanning through.

Been switched off a bit to all that has been going on and the results etc... in the last couple of months. It was only going one way!

Now with the mess, some say crisis, in place I'm switched back on again.

We have to get this next phase in our chapter seriously right and the board need to seriously wake up and smell the coffee!

Not sure any of us really know the state the club is in but from what seems to have happened in the last month or two is a complete desperation trust in a Benitez set-up which has ended up with egg on faces. We have no DoF (although what Brands did or was allowed to do, is highly debateable) to advise on footballing matters, we have no scouting structure, we have no medical team, we have sever restrictions due to FFP - we have little to no funds for recruitment, we've now got to pay out again against FFP to pay off Benitez and his chosen men, we have moved along a quality player (Digne) for an average fee and replace him with a gamble that has to work as there are no other LB choices at the club, we also have a board performing strategic reviews of the club / business - but making no progressive steps, we also have zero comms coming out from the club to fans, we potential could lose our young stars again on frees due to their lack of use.

Much as I am excited about our new stadium being built - I dont want to see another drone footage update of it for some good PR for the club.

How worried should we be and how desperate are the board now?

I wasn't worried when we handed Fat Same the reins, but this has me worried. I feel like we are primed for the drop. 

These next few games are winnable though -- hoping we take advantage. 

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I wasn't worried when we handed Fat Same the reins, but this has me worried. I feel like we are primed for the drop. 

These next few games are winnable though -- hoping we take advantage. 

These next few games are going to be very important.

Villa - A tough game IMO. They should have beaten United and they are starting to get strength in depth. They get lots of bodies in the box.

Newcastle - Aren't as bad as they were and they are creating chances. They just aren't good at the back.

Leeds - Could be a really easy game or a really tough game depending on which Leeds side turns up.

Southampton - They are a side you need to be at your best for otherwise you will drop points. I will be there too, so no doubt it will be a curse!

Then you get on a really tough stretch of City, Spurs, Wolves, Watford (must 3 points), West Ham, United, Palace, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Brentford (another must 3 points), Arsenal. 

I hadn't realised how tough of a run we had towards the end of the season. I think we really need to be picking up 7+ points from those 4 games. Any less than that and we really are in trouble.

I wasn't too worried about relegation before but now I am!

I’m the optimist that could see a difference in performances if not results recently. And honestly don’t think having a permanent manager is going to make much difference at all.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure results will get better over the new three or four games…. as I was sure they were before any sackings or board members leaving.

Im generally happy with our transfers this year and can see it building the squad long term.

Even the type of players we are buying, young, hungry and energetic.

Im sure some will think I am naive, and some will think I’m even delusional. But I’m sure they will either be right or wrong in the next ten games or so haha. 

Shukes the Sage they call me! (Flood gates opening, stand back)

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m the optimist that could see a difference in performances if not results recently. And honestly don’t think having a permanent manager is going to make much difference at all.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure results will get better over the new three or four games…. as I was sure they were before any sackings or board members leaving.

Im generally happy with our transfers this year and can see it building the squad long term.

Even the type of players we are buying, young, hungry and energetic.

Im sure some will think I am naive, and some will think I’m even delusional. But I’m sure they will either be right or wrong in the next ten games or so haha. 

Shukes the Sage they call me! (Flood gates opening, stand back)

You've explained your position very clearly:huh::redhairDM::violent::dontknow::windup:.