IGNORED

Wolves (H) Sunday 13th March 2.00

MikeO

7 minutes ago, patto said:

We’ve lost the fans completely now I honestly don’t know what the answer is. 
We need to try and get a settled side for me I’d try and get the back 4 sorted it’s looking like all the full backs are not good enough. 
I would go with Holgate Keane Branthwaite Godfrey and bring Allan back in midfield play 442 it may mean leaving DCL out. 
Gordon was a doubt yesterday with bruising to his ankles he’s been getting kicked to FK every week. 

I think the fans have lost the players -  "we" are the fans..... the fans will always love the club, the fans have fought so hard to get these charlatans to perform.  The players don't care enough

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think the fans have lost the players -  "we" are the fans..... the fans will always love the club, the fans have fought so hard to get these charlatans to perform.  The players don't care enough

I class myself as part of this club that’s why I said we’ve lost the fans and yes the team has been awful but in all my years watching Everton I’ve never seen our fans be so toxic. 
sorry but it doesn’t help the situation. 
we need to try and ride this storm stick together and get some points. 

29 minutes ago, patto said:

I class myself as part of this club that’s why I said we’ve lost the fans and yes the team has been awful but in all my years watching Everton I’ve never seen our fans be so toxic. 
sorry but it doesn’t help the situation. 
we need to try and ride this storm stick together and get some points. 

the fans are the club patto..... without the fans there is no club, so I don't get the point that you see yourself different to fans and that instead you are part of the club?

"toxic" - when you hurt a persons emotions you will often see a reaction that isn't pleasant.   When you please a person you will see a reaction which is nice....

Its not difficult to get the support of Everton fans - or indeed many fans across the country.   Show that you care - give 100%, don't be afraid to dig out a teammate for not doing their job but also be there to back them up..... have courage - if you want Everton to do well you will be brave enough to demand the ball.

Fans see a group of players who quite frankly don't care enough - there have been situations in my life where there have been things I would prefer not to do, where allowing someone else to do it would be the easiest option - but I cared enough to put myself forward.  We have players who will quite happily watch a young kid be brave enough to do the things they should be doing.

If the fans saying "your not fit to wear the shirt!" is considered toxic - then tough shit, they players need to hear that - cos you know what? they wont be sat on a coach next season going to an away day to some 15,000 seater championship ground - they will be moving to another club maybe a celtic or rangers or maybe a turkish outfit.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yeah that message was well received with a half hearted performance, most of these players couldn’t give a fuck what the manager says or does. Most are on there 3rd or 4th manager now and want out whether that’s in the PL or the Championship they couldn’t give a fuck. We shouldn’t have changed manager and not because Lampard isn’t better but because the timing was completely wrong results are no better, yes the performance started off looking better but it’s the results that matter and the last 2 games have sent right back to square one. We’ve got a poor set of players the defence yesterday was exactly the same as a game Allardyce lost with Coleman Kenny Holgate only difference was Godfrey instead of Keane, and fat Sam slated them on TV as the reason we lost, Lampard doesn’t have a hope in hell with these players, and the people in charge haven’t learned a thing in the last 4-5 years of running this club, and this season looks like the season we all pay for it. 

Sadly, yes. You were one of the few that advocated keeping Benitez on for that very reason. The best we've played all season were his first 8/9 games - up till Man Utd away, I guess. Townsend's brilliant goal that day gave me goosebumps (still does - our goal of th season for me). The counter-attacking system Benitez wanted to play was the right one for the team (if everyone had stayed fit). They didn't and there was no plan B.

I supported Lampard's appointment and want to see him given time now, the way Arteta has been given time at Arsenal. Lampard has made mistakes, for sure, but they pale in comparison to the mistakes the board has made in recruitment. Managers are getting sacked becuase the players are no good. Mid-table Wolves were better than us all over the park. We are simply not a top 6/7 squad! There is no one quick way to fix this and I think we will go down. But I will continue to support the likes of Mykolenko, Gordon, Patterson because they are our future whether we like it or not. We need to invest in young, hungry players with bottle and a bit of snide to get out of the Championship. 

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

the fans are the club patto..... without the fans there is no club, so I don't get the point that you see yourself different to fans and that instead you are part of the club?

"toxic" - when you hurt a persons emotions you will often see a reaction that isn't pleasant.   When you please a person you will see a reaction which is nice....

Its not difficult to get the support of Everton fans - or indeed many fans across the country.   Show that you care - give 100%, don't be afraid to dig out a teammate for not doing their job but also be there to back them up..... have courage - if you want Everton to do well you will be brave enough to demand the ball.

Fans see a group of players who quite frankly don't care enough - there have been situations in my life where there have been things I would prefer not to do, where allowing someone else to do it would be the easiest option - but I cared enough to put myself forward.  We have players who will quite happily watch a young kid be brave enough to do the things they should be doing.

If the fans saying "your not fit to wear the shirt!" is considered toxic - then tough shit, they players need to hear that - cos you know what? they wont be sat on a coach next season going to an away day to some 15,000 seater championship ground - they will be moving to another club maybe a celtic or rangers or maybe a turkish outfit.

I don’t see myself as any different than any other fan but still think I’m part of the club one thing I will not do is boo the team off the pitch I will criticise them among friends and family. 
but I suppose I’m lucky I’ve seen us win nearly everything and some of our fans haven’t I feel sorry for them especially the young kids.

2 minutes ago, patto said:

I don’t see myself as any different than any other fan but still think I’m part of the club one thing I will not do is boo the team off the pitch I will criticise them among friends and family. 
but I suppose I’m lucky I’ve seen us win nearly everything and some of our fans haven’t I feel sorry for them especially the young kids.

I'm the same, didn't boo or join in with, "You're not fit to wear the shirt" but I can understand why people do.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Many won't see a premier league ground again.

6 hours ago, patto said:

I’ve seen us win 2 leagues in 3 years… the fa cup, the cup winners cup etc.  But more than anything my love of the better times is aligned to the players out on the pitch representing us…..  even when we were not winning things having players fight for the shirt is what gives you the goosebumps you want. 

football players are a different breed now, so many of them really aren’t arsed about winning or losing. It’s image and brand, the disassociation between fan and player has never been so great. 

the booing is part and parcel of it all. They get feted like hero’s when they put a performance in, they get adulation. That was embarrassing on Sunday and I’m pissed off with this take it on the chin attitude….. we get shafted left right and centre cos as a club we are soft.