IGNORED

Wolves (H) Sunday 13th March 2.00

MikeO

If only Gordon could shoot, because he’s our only player who can do anything else atm. I’ve been worried since we appointed Benitez, but today is the first time I genuinely feel we’re going down. To stay up, we absolutely must win games at home against Newcastle, away to Watford (whenever made up), at home to Palace, and at home to Brentford. At this point, that seems a big ask.

The most disappointing thing for me is that I am not exactly sure what we are doing well.

The attackers look like they have never played together, the midfield can't dominate a game and the five defenders on the pitch couldn't stop their main striker getting time and space on the ball for most of the game. 

I am not sure where our goals are coming from or how we will keep a clean sheet.

Don't want to be "that guy" but that's us down for me. We're honestly gone. There was absolutely no fight or desire out there today, bar Gordon and Richarlison. 

The players applauding the fans at the end have a cheek too, hide for 90 minutes and then do a mini lap to the Gwladys Street as if it's been a hard battle that we've come out second best in. We were only even going to draw 0-0 or lose, unless Gordon somehow does it all himself.

29 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The only thing giving me a bit of hope is that we have 3 games in hand over the majority of teams around us.

However, we can't score. Or keep clean sheets. And those games in hand, together with the FA Cup, will come thick and fast.

Might have just dashed my own hope.....

It's all well and good having games in hand but if you don't win them, they're pointless. Sick of this narrative (not having a pop at you personally) about these games we've got in hand as we don't look like scoring in them, nevermind taking maximum points. 

The league could wipe all our games and start us from scratch with 38 to go and I'd still put money on us going.

30 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's all well and good having games in hand but if you don't win them, they're pointless. Sick of this narrative (not having a pop at you personally) about these games we've got in hand as we don't look like scoring in them, nevermind taking maximum points. 

The league could wipe all our games and start us from scratch with 38 to go and I'd still put money on us going.

Yeah I know. And I know it wasn't a pop at me...Still kind of feels like you didn't read my 2nd paragraph 😔 😂

Scary times my friend.

27 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Still bemused that our front three were so ineffective today.  Where does Lampard go from there? With DCL not on the bench (who knows for what reason), who do we look towards? Dele and Townsend didn't bring anything. Is it El Ghazi or Rondon?  Where is the next goal going to come from? I have no answers. Dark days.

DCL has had me concerned for some time now.

was a massive massive fan of his the way he developed his game, his work rate, I wasn’t concerned that he wasn’t a goal scorer as I used his attributes as a counter to the whole “Lukaku goals trump everything”……

He isn’t unfit - he’s had enough time to get up to a reasonable level.  

something has gone on behind the scenes, his lack of effort against Spurs was a piss take. Akin to Gomes who mysteriously had an injury afterwards.

For me lampard has seen a few for what they are and he is one of them….. never did I think he would be that player. 

I'm not even angry after that game, I'm just defeated and utterly deflated. I don't think it was a set of players that weren't trying and didn't care about what was happening, it was a set of players that were utterly terrified. They did not want to try anything - absolutely no movement off the ball so when we did manage to actually get hold of the ball we did nothing with it because there were very few options for the man with the ball.

We actually started the game really well and positively and created a few chances that if we'd put them away the game would have been a lot different. As it was, Wolves grew into the game in terms of getting hold of the ball and we retreated into our shells. The game had 0-0 written all over it, neither team looked like scoring but then they did and that was that. We just got more and more fearful. Then Kenny has a brainfart and the game was well and truly gone then.

Again, I think Lampard played a part in that today. As soon as that line-up was released I was extremely worried. I don't think he got that right at all.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not even angry after that game, I'm just defeated and utterly deflated. I don't think it was a set of players that weren't trying and didn't care about what was happening, it was a set of players that were utterly terrified. They did not want to try anything - absolutely no movement off the ball so when we did manage to actually get hold of the ball we did nothing with it because there were very few options for the man with the ball.

We actually started the game really well and positively and created a few chances that if we'd put them away the game would have been a lot different. As it was, Wolves grew into the game in terms of getting hold of the ball and we retreated into our shells. The game had 0-0 written all over it, neither team looked like scoring but then they did and that was that. We just got more and more fearful. Then Kenny has a brainfart and the game was well and truly gone then.

Again, I think Lampard played a part in that today. As soon as that line-up was released I was extremely worried. I don't think he got that right at all.

Seen Pickford shouting at the players…. No movement at all. 

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Without reading further (although I will do) your first sentence sums up my feeling exactly.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Without reading further (although I will do) your first sentence sums up my feeling exactly.

I think today's game has made a lot of people feel this way. There wasn't any anger around me at the game, everyone just looked numb.

Before today I haven't felt we were really in danger of relegation since Lampard's arrival, but now I'm properly afraid of it. If we don't win on Thursday I think we're gone.

It's going to be close but I think we will stay up. Mainly due to the equally poor teams around us and dare I say the possibility of picking up a couple of points from the games in hand. There is usually a twist or two at the end of the season. Let us hope they are in our favour.

Keep the faith.

8 hours ago, Harv said:

It's going to be close but I think we will stay up. Mainly due to the equally poor teams around us and dare I say the possibility of picking up a couple of points from the games in hand. There is usually a twist or two at the end of the season. Let us hope they are in our favour.

Keep the faith.

Well I certainly think the dropping of Allan and Keane should be sending a message.  The omission of DCL was very puzzling….. yeah I know he said he had an illness but I’m not so sure. 

I was told yesterday that lampard had strong views on dcl and his adverts etc. 

Yeah that message was well received with a half hearted performance, most of these players couldn’t give a fuck what the manager says or does. Most are on there 3rd or 4th manager now and want out whether that’s in the PL or the Championship they couldn’t give a fuck. We shouldn’t have changed manager and not because Lampard isn’t better but because the timing was completely wrong results are no better, yes the performance started off looking better but it’s the results that matter and the last 2 games have sent right back to square one. We’ve got a poor set of players the defence yesterday was exactly the same as a game Allardyce lost with Coleman Kenny Holgate only difference was Godfrey instead of Keane, and fat Sam slated them on TV as the reason we lost, Lampard doesn’t have a hope in hell with these players, and the people in charge haven’t learned a thing in the last 4-5 years of running this club, and this season looks like the season we all pay for it. 

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think that sums it up very well. I felt exactly the same and I was still confident pre match we’d be ok but now there is a very real likelihood we’ll go down. You just need to see where we are (rock bottom) in a table from October.  Gray looked bright but quickly went off the boil. I just don’t see us creating enough chances and we’re conceding regularly at the other end. It’s a recipe for disaster. I’ve not missed a game all season but I’m seriously considering not making the 8 hour round trip Thursday. 

We’ve lost the fans completely now I honestly don’t know what the answer is. 
We need to try and get a settled side for me I’d try and get the back 4 sorted it’s looking like all the full backs are not good enough. 
I would go with Holgate Keane Branthwaite Godfrey and bring Allan back in midfield play 442 it may mean leaving DCL out. 
Gordon was a doubt yesterday with bruising to his ankles he’s been getting kicked to FK every week.