IGNORED

Wolves (H) Sunday 13th March 2.00

MikeO

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

My first match since December 2018 amazingly, where in the world does the time go?

At arguably one of the most important moments in our history, going to be tense and intense....but still looking forward to it. How I feel after is up for question; just a single win is making things look so different at the moment (Brentford on Saturday).

Hopefully you’ll bring a bit of luck with you mate, we could sure do with it. Enjoy yourself Mike👍

We need to keep the ball and let our defence do as little work as possible.

Pickford 

Patterson   Godfrey  Branthwaite   Myko

DVB                     Allan 

Gordon                 Dele                      Gray 

Richarlison 

Dele for Doucs is harsh but we need extra quality on the ball. It’s also imperative we score first so it settles the team. Hopefully, by some divine miracle we can get ourselves 2-0 up and then bring on the energy of Doucoure and maybe DCL as an outlet to see it out.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Okay mate changed it slightly for you now I think I’ll leave up to Lampard. 

Thank you mate! Not digging you out just I played left back and it’s killing me that we don’t have a left footed player on our left hand side of the pitch so we can’t cross the ball or do anything.

1 hour ago, RPG said:

It really is the business part of the season for us, right now. Anything less than 6 points from Wolves and Newcastle and I struggle to see where the required points will come from.

I'll be watching the games on TV as I recover from testing C-19+ve.

Hope you are feeling alright mate and get a speedy recovery!

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

My first match since December 2018 amazingly, where in the world does the time go?

At arguably one of the most important moments in our history, going to be tense and intense....but still looking forward to it. How I feel after is up for question; just a single win is making things look so different at the moment (Brentford on Saturday).

Any superstitons need to be carried out before kick-off, @MikeO?

Something like: "In the middle of the night Yossarian Mike knocked on wood, crossed his fingers, and tiptoed out of his tent to move the bomb line up over Bologna.”

Is dvine intervention an option?

Enjoy the game - if we win, you may have to stay there till the Newcastle game.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I am so stressed out over this game, I'm going to be an absolute wreck come Sunday morning waiting to head over.

Lampard must be having sleepless nights trying to pick a team here. The “senior” players have let him down so badly.

To think we are in a relegation scrap and potentially having to look to two 20 year olds to come into defence to get better results is incredible. 

What makes Lampard look worse?
Play Keane and Coleman again and potentially get ripped apart again

Or

Play Branthwaite & Patterson and not get a result.

2 hours ago, RPG said:

My main hope now lies away from Everton, in the hope and belief that there are 3 teams in the league who stink even more than we do.

We are incredibly lucky that the bottom of the table stinks so much. Lifeline after lifeline comes our way as Norwich, Watford, Burnley and Leeds keep losing. But can we take advantage? I've seen nothing to suggest it.

1 minute ago, Formby said:

We are incredibly lucky that the bottom of the table stinks so much. Lifeline after lifeline comes our way as Norwich, Watford, Burnley and Leeds keep losing. But can we take advantage? I've seen nothing to suggest it.

Leeds win?

37 minutes ago, Btay said:

Lampard must be having sleepless nights trying to pick a team here. The “senior” players have let him down so badly.

To think we are in a relegation scrap and potentially having to look to two 20 year olds to come into defence to get better results is incredible. 

Or

He can't play Keane (ever again) and Coleman, surely? Get the young ones in. Keep it simple. Hopefully, Gray's return gives us some cutting edge.  

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Leeds win?

The faintest flicker of optimism, buoyed by the crowd and the new manager. It seems a very long way off now - and Leeds are dire, too. There were moments at the start of the season, but that was even longer ago and in a galaxy far, far away....

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Or

The former is the worse option.

47 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

scheduled for 1.30.....

watch that absolute melt Alistair Macgowan from the BBC try and get lampard involved in political things so he trips himself up with his Chelsea links and USM stuff on our side- he's an idiot.

And as true as night follows day macgowan having tickled him with a gentle opener tries to get a rise from him over having benefited from Roman in his time at Chelsea ffs

9 hours ago, RPG said:

My main hope now lies away from Everton, in the hope and belief that there are 3 teams in the league who stink even more than we do.

I really thought Leeds would get at least a point at home to Villa but apparently it was another collapse. I therefore think it is Norwich, Watford and, probably, Leeds to go down and a record low points total (very low 30's) will see us finish 4th bottom. Not good enough though.

I am therefore going for a 1-1 draw v Wolves and I think it may be the same v Newcastle.

I watched a bit of the first half of that Leeds game and they were terrible. They were just as bad at the back but also completely impotent in attack. Usually you can rely on Leeds to create chances even if they don't convert them.

11 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm buzzing for this, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve at the moment.

Why do I do this to myself?

Crazy isn't it? I'm in a hotel in Wigan, has cost me upwards of £250 already on tickets, hotel and petrol... but I part with it with faith and optimism. Tomorrow I'll find out whether I'd have been better off buying another guitar instead😂.

That said, possible this will be my last Goodison visit, so will take it all in whatever the result.

44 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm buzzing for this, feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve at the moment.

Why do I do this to myself?

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Crazy isn't it? I'm in a hotel in Wigan, has cost me upwards of £250 already on tickets, hotel and petrol... but I part with it with faith and optimism. Tomorrow I'll find out whether I'd have been better off buying another guitar instead😂.

That said, possible this will be my last Goodison visit, so will take it all in whatever the result.

I feel sick to my stomach with worry. Felt the same way before the Leeds game so I’m hoping for an end result like that.

I fully expect Goodison to be a bear pit tomorrow, the fans know the importance of the match and will cheer the team on. If the team get the confidence from the fans then we can go on and get a performance and result that will lift us.

I'm so excited about tomorrow because so much is at stake, but I trust Frank and his team, and the players to deliver.

COYB