IGNORED

Wolves (H) Sunday 13th March 2.00

MikeO

36 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I fully expect Goodison to be a bear pit tomorrow, the fans know the importance of the match and will cheer the team on. If the team get the confidence from the fans then we can go on and get a performance and result that will lift us.

I'm so excited about tomorrow because so much is at stake, but I trust Frank and his team, and the players to deliver.

COYB

Voiceist that! Excluding those among us who don't have the power of speech...you need a re-education course; shame on you😂

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Crazy isn't it? I'm in a hotel in Wigan, has cost me upwards of £250 already on tickets, hotel and petrol... but I part with it with faith and optimism. Tomorrow I'll find out whether I'd have been better off buying another guitar instead😂.

That said, possible this will be my last Goodison visit, so will take it all in whatever the result.

I really hope they deliver for all of us tomorrow and especially as you are there, Mike. 

21 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Friend of mine is a mad wolves fan.  He says they've had no answer to teams pressing them aggressively, so I have some hope here.

We need to be on and at them early, hopefully (this time) with shots on target and get 1 in.

I have had a look at their results and they seem to have faired pretty well against the more aggressive teams in the league. Saying that, I dont think their defenders are great on the ball so if you can put them under pressure mistakes will happen, even if its them putting the midfielders under pressure with their passes.

I would very concerned given the performance on Monday that is we try and defend the half way line that the likes of Jimenez, Hwang, Neto and Podence with the quality of Neves and Moutinho behind them, will find ways to just pick us apart. 

Despite their good defensive record, I think we can get at them in behind their line. They are a bit like us in that I dont think their defenders are that athletic and they will hate having to run back towards their goal. I also dont think they are the most agile and wont like being dribbled at. I watched some of the highlights back and they conceded chances when players got behind them, or took them on. I would like to see Gray and Gordon really getting at those wider CBs and whoever plays up front pushing them back time and time again. Their midfield doesnt have the legs to cover the ground if we do push them back so there will be gaps appearing all over the place. 

The more I think about it, the more I think there are quite a lot of similarities between the two squads. They are just technically superior.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Voiceist that! Excluding those among us who don't have the power of speech...you need a re-education course; shame on you😂

How very one dimensional of you MikeO, cheering does not have to be vocal, it can include but is not limited to visual cheering, for example the waving of hands, flags, scarfs. Let us not forget emotional cheering, the very presence of Everton fans regaled in the clubs kit will cheer on the team, and  the old classic physical cheering, the clapping of hands, the stamping of feet etc.

I'll wager there are no end of ways a fan with a modicum of imagination and love for this team can cheer our blues on!!

I expect more from you :P

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Crazy isn't it? I'm in a hotel in Wigan, has cost me upwards of £250 already on tickets, hotel and petrol... but I part with it with faith and optimism. Tomorrow I'll find out whether I'd have been better off buying another guitar instead😂.

That said, possible this will be my last Goodison visit, so will take it all in whatever the result.

Enjoy the day Mike, a visit to the Grand Old Lady is fantastic! I’m confident the crowd will be fully behind the team from the start and give them the lift they need, I’ll certainly be making my presence felt from the top balcony.💙

11 hours ago, London Blue said:

How very one dimensional of you MikeO, cheering does not have to be vocal, it can include but is not limited to visual cheering, for example the waving of hands, flags, scarfs. Let us not forget emotional cheering, the very presence of Everton fans regaled in the clubs kit will cheer on the team, and  the old classic physical cheering, the clapping of hands, the stamping of feet etc.

I'll wager there are no end of ways a fan with a modicum of imagination and love for this team can cheer our blues on!!

I expect more from you :P

Well played sir, if Everton perform as well as that today we'll be fine! To the Winslow!!

Just about to set off for the game and I’m quite literally bricking it , I go The Beick for me pre match pint 

I’m extremely nervous for both this and the Newcastle game, we need a bare minimum of 4 points from these games and I have got zero confidence in getting them

The Mrs is giving us a lift today so getting in the boozer in plenty of time to ingest some much needed Dutch courage 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just about to set off for the game and I’m quite literally bricking it , I go The Beick for me pre match pint 

I’m extremely nervous for both this and the Newcastle game, we need a bare minimum of 4 points from these games and I have got zero confidence in getting them

The Mrs is giving us a lift today so getting in the boozer in plenty of time to ingest some much needed Dutch courage 

We ended up in the Brick because the Winslow was rammed, in the ground now.