IGNORED

Keane Lewis-Potter

• 3 weeks later...

Hull City with the clown emoji as if they aren't one of the most tinpot, laughable clubs out there. We might have only put £2.5 million up front, but we'll get him because we're an established Premier League club and they sing about being mauled by tigers on an away day.

Gimps.

8 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m sure he’s on the inside then and privy to negotiations

They're not saying it's their information. It's like the Everton accounts that are on Twitter that just tweet out what has been reported elsewhere.

For what it's worth, El Bobble says this happened as well.

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're not saying it's their information. It's like the Everton accounts that are on Twitter that just tweet out what has been reported elsewhere.

Given our finances it is a smart offer.  Lots of deals are not paid up front and so it is sort of normal.  Hull fans just aren't used to offers for their players so I understand the reaction... hahahahaha.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seems unlikely a club would release the exact details of an ongoing negotiation. I suppose my question would be what credible source is this information coming from? You hear these reports every time a player is rumoured to be coming and it’s almost never accurate to the final number. 

20 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Seems unlikely a club would release the exact details of an ongoing negotiation. I suppose my question would be what credible source is this information coming from? You hear these reports every time a player is rumoured to be coming and it’s almost never accurate to the final number. 

If a rumour has been leaked it’s normally from an agent. That could be the players agent or the clubs agent, and it would be designed to get a reaction. Either to bring in bids from other clubs or to get an improved offer. Happens all the time. It also makes it very difficult to tell the difference between a rumour that’s been leaked by people involved, a rumour leaked to try to get a player sold, or a rumour just made up for click bait. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Why do I feel like every other side in the league is doing good business besides us 

Because they are.

The biggest worry is that Brentford and Leeds are being very proactive in this window so far, because they finished around us last season and have recognised they need to improve and have gone out and made the moves they feel will do that.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Because they are.

The biggest worry is that Brentford and Leeds are being very proactive in this window so far, because they finished around us last season and have recognised they need to improve and have gone out and made the moves they feel will do that.

Genuine question: are potential players looking at Everton thinking it's going to get worse before its gets better? Staving off a relegation fight is one thing, but like you said, we aren't making improvements. As of right now we are worse off than we were at the end of the season(losing Richarlison). Let's be honest, the football over the last few years has been dreadful and boring for the most part, with some sparks here or there. Lampard has come in and looks promising, but given the tenures of the managers before him, do you risk it as a player if you could go somewhere else that seemingly has more stability? Lampard is still a big question mark though he seems like a step in the right direction. 

Yeah, we still have a ways to go before the window is closed, but I'm bored and feel like panicking today. 

26 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

I don't think we will improve until the ownership changes, the whole board have proved time and again they are incompetent.

Until then we will struggle to attract good players, feel for Frank big task ahead of him.

You’ll always be able to find good players if you can afford them, regardless of owner. FFP is still hamstringing us but that won’t last forever.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

Genuine question: are potential players looking at Everton thinking it's going to get worse before its gets better? Staving off a relegation fight is one thing, but like you said, we aren't making improvements. As of right now we are worse off than we were at the end of the season(losing Richarlison). Let's be honest, the football over the last few years has been dreadful and boring for the most part, with some sparks here or there. Lampard has come in and looks promising, but given the tenures of the managers before him, do you risk it as a player if you could go somewhere else that seemingly has more stability? Lampard is still a big question mark though he seems like a step in the right direction. 

Yeah, we still have a ways to go before the window is closed, but I'm bored and feel like panicking today. 

They could be but I would hope they'd see us more as a club they can go to and make better.

I'm not panicking tbh, I'm just annoyed that we seemingly never learn and make the same mistakes over and over.