IGNORED

Wout Weghorst

Both DM and Talksport reporting we are interested.

This is the kind of Transfer that scares the absolute s**t out of me. A journeyman PL player that couldn't even score that many in a Man Utd team. Why the he'll would we think he'd score a load for us???!!!

We need up and coming players. Not proven averageness at best

Let’s be honest, dcl is hardly prolific - he’s worth his weight in gold for his workrate and target man credentials.

if weghorst is brought in to the side and we sell maupay it’s a no brainer.   We need a centre forward who can pin the centre halves, when dcl is injured we have no one. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s be honest, dcl is hardly prolific - he’s worth his weight in gold for his workrate and target man credentials.

if weghorst is brought in to the side and we sell maupay it’s a no brainer.   We need a centre forward who can pin the centre halves, when dcl is injured we have no one. 

I agree but it would be ironic that we sell Maupay and get a replacement that would be a good partner to him.

Every time I've watched him he does not look like a good target man at all. The ball is constantly bouncing off him. He lumbers around the pitch getting nowhere near anyone because he's slow as shit. Doesn't score. Doesn't do much of anything, he's just a big lump.

Donkey.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I agree but it would be ironic that we sell Maupay and get a replacement that would be a good partner to him.

There is nothing that I have seen from maupay that suggests he would be a good partner.  He’s been a poor finisher, generally just a nothing player.

if I’m honest I’ve looked at United fans opinions of weghorst and it’s not good. They actually like him cos he has a great attitude and workrate but his control is poor, doesn’t win enough headers for his height. 

for me it depends on price and what dyche thinks he can add to the side. 

I would have welcomed him (or any other attacking player) with open arms at 11pm on 31st January 2023. However, I would nope in June 2023 our dynamic transfer team would be able to formulate something more creative and inspiring.

I am already wondering how well this post will age come 11pm on the 1st September 2023!!! 🤣.

• 2 months later...