IGNORED

Trump all over again

Cornish Steve

On 08/03/2024 at 12:20, Cornish Steve said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene represents the district in Georgia where I live, and she's a complete disgrace. I'm so embarrassed that residents in this area vote for her overwhelmingly time and again. Her campaign literature is dark, sinister, and paints the US as now being a communist dictatorship, and people believe this nonsense.

It stinks that you're stuck in a ruby red district like that. Here in Illinois, I have to deal with Mary Miller as my U.S. house rep and it's not much better as my district is a similar ruby red district. Some of her views on topics are quite something. Had it not been for what happened on January 6, the comments she made the day before would have gotten a lot more publicity around the nation. 

1 hour ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

It stinks that you're stuck in a ruby red district like that. Here in Illinois, I have to deal with Mary Miller as my U.S. house rep and it's not much better as my district is a similar ruby red district. Some of her views on topics are quite something. Had it not been for what happened on January 6, the comments she made the day before would have gotten a lot more publicity around the nation. 

Unbelievable!

Just read up about her, one more extremist nutjob in a poaition of power, beggars belief.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Unbelievable!

Just read up about her, one more extremist nutjob in a poaition of power, beggars belief.

You should also read about her husband too. He's a state house rep here (though luckily not mine) and is just about as bad as her. In particular, his "excuse" for having a Three-Percenters decal on his truck was unbelievable. 

8 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

You should also read about her husband too. He's a state house rep here (though luckily not mine) and is just about as bad as her. In particular, his "excuse" for having a Three-Percenters decal on his truck was unbelievable. 

Had to google three-percenters, what a lovely bunch. Some people are so consumed with hatred I wonder how they sleep at night.

Trump is already undermining the US administration. The Hungarian premier met with him and not with the US' actual president. The result was the imply they will force Ukraine to surrender and succumb to Russia's invasion with 24 hours of Trump assuming power. Let's all hope that never happens.

If Russia is allowed to win this war, Moldova will be invaded within 6 months. If Trump pulls the US out of NATO, the Baltic states should then become very worried. Finland would also be at risk.

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Is this a real thing, Trump telling his party not to solve the "border crisis"?

It is, and what's crazy is it is one of the toughest border policies that has ever been introduced. They don't really care about the border; they (particularly Trumpers) just want Biden and the Democrats to appear like they can't get anything done. 

10 hours ago, Sibdane said:

It is, and what's crazy is it is one of the toughest border policies that has ever been introduced. They don't really care about the border; they (particularly Trumpers) just want Biden and the Democrats to appear like they can't get anything done. 

And it would have gotten done but if Trump can't run on immigration, he loses one of the biggest things he can criticize Biden on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Going by the totally unscientific guide of looking at what odds the bookies are giving, it would seem as if this is going to be very tight. Trump's been favourite for a long time but now it would appear too close to call, is that an accurate picture of what's happening my American friends?

I see chaos looming however it goes really, will be crazy.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Going by the totally unscientific guide of looking at what odds the bookies are giving, it would seem as if this is going to be very tight. Trump's been favourite for a long time but now it would appear too close to call, is that an accurate picture of what's happening my American friends?

The decision by the Arizona Supreme Court to uphold an abortion law from the Civil War era (48 years before Arizona was even a state) will be a key issue. Based on how things have gone in similar states when abortion has been an issue on the ballot, it could be huge for Biden as Arizona was considered one of the swing states this year with its 11 electoral votes. 

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

My in laws, staunch Republicans (the actual definition of Republician rather than what it's become over the past few decades) fear Trump walks this. They're just as sick and tired of being asked to choose between shite options

8 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

The decision by the Arizona Supreme Court to uphold an abortion law from the Civil War era (48 years before Arizona was even a state) will be a key issue. Based on how things have gone in similar states when abortion has been an issue on the ballot, it could be huge for Biden as Arizona was considered one of the swing states this year with its 11 electoral votes. 

Trump has come out to say its gone too far. But this is the guy who's called the Jan 6th insurrectionists patriots and uses their jail choir at his rally whilst saluting...

On 12/04/2024 at 02:55, Sibdane said:

I honestly do not know. It really could go either way. I think Biden stumbles over the line(literally), but it wouldn't surprise me to see Trump back in either. 

Why can’t they replace Biden it looks like he’s trying to destroy America I don’t understand their politics but Trump walks it for me 

6 hours ago, patto said:

Why can’t they replace Biden it looks like he’s trying to destroy America I don’t understand their politics but Trump walks it for me 

I think a lot of people would love to replace Biden, myself included, but he's still a significantly better option than Trump. I find it crazy that someone would say that Biden is trying to destroy the US and that Trump isn't/wasn't. It was absolute chaos under Trump. He's the most polarizing president we've had in my lifetime by a wide margin. We are still feeling the negative effects of his one term. He's also a career criminal and should've been no where near the White House in the first place. The diehard Trump fans don't really care about politics or making the country better -- it's more about "owning the libs" to them. 

Driving to Alabama yesterday to see my daughter and her family, it was shocking to see, even now, "Trump won" signs on stores, crude accusations against President Biden on trucks, people wearing shirts with Trump's mugshot in Atlanta proclaiming 'innocent', and more. Clearly, Trump and his supporters are very visible and vocal. Where have all the reasonable people gone?

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I think a lot of people would love to replace Biden, myself included, but he's still a significantly better option than Trump. I find it crazy that someone would say that Biden is trying to destroy the US and that Trump isn't/wasn't. It was absolute chaos under Trump. He's the most polarizing president we've had in my lifetime by a wide margin. We are still feeling the negative effects of his one term. He's also a career criminal and should've been no where near the White House in the first place. The diehard Trump fans don't really care about politics or making the country better -- it's more about "owning the libs" to them. 

I'm still hoping he'll announce at the last minute that he's stepping down and his party appoints a sensible alternative.

In the meantime, anticipating the flood of Trump supporters from out of state who'll come knocking on my door to canvas support, I'm ordering an 'Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for president' baseball cap and an 'E. Jean Carroll for vice-president' T-shirt to wear when I greet them. :)

54 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Driving to Alabama yesterday to see my daughter and her family, it was shocking to see, even now, "Trump won" signs on stores, crude accusations against President Biden on trucks, people wearing shirts with Trump's mugshot in Atlanta proclaiming 'innocent', and more. Clearly, Trump and his supporters are very visible and vocal. Where have all the reasonable people gone?

We are here mate Britain 🇬🇧 😂

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Saw that driving through Florida and Georgia too. He's a cult leader at this point.

10 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

This would be a great idea, except for the fact that his daughter-in-law is now co-chair of the RNC. 

Right -- it won't happen unless something serious happens to Biden's health.