IGNORED

Elijah Adebayo

https://www.teamtalk.com/everton/exclusive-sean-dyche-tells-everton-sign-10-goal-luton-town-star-perfect-for-his-system

Not sure if there is any truth in this or if he is just a good fit for Dyche. If we where to lose DCL (or Beto) this summer, then this lad would probably be a decent shout as a replacement, as one would be needed. 

No sure what sort of money he would be. 

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we did sign him then it would allow us to loan out Chermiti, which is what he needs, so I'd be on board with this.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If we did sign him then it would allow us to loan out Chermiti, which is what he needs, so I'd be on board with this.

That's amazing, guys! Talk about being on the same wavelength!

6 minutes ago, Formby said:

That's amazing, guys! Talk about being on the same wavelength!

One can never be sure with Shukes because he does tend to mess up, but I'm pretty sure he's just taking the piss due to what happened in the Sanchez thread.

There's no way he's that eloquent and without spelling mistakes so, unlike Palfy, he knows how to copy and paste.

16 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we did sign him then it would allow us to loan out Chermiti, which is what he needs, so I'd be on board with this.

If DCL is getting sold for funds, I want him and Chermiti to be a new partnership rather than Chermiti being loaned out. After all, we were creating chances, why not see if he can convert them if he's given a bit of a stretch. Big pre-season for him to stake his claim.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If DCL is getting sold for funds, I want him and Chermiti to be a new partnership rather than Chermiti being loaned out. After all, we were creating chances, why not see if he can convert them if he's given a bit of a stretch. Big pre-season for him to stake his claim.

I hope he isn't because he's still the best striker we have, but that would obviously change my thinking.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he isn't because he's still the best striker we have, but that would obviously change my thinking.

I'm assuming he will with 12 months remaining. I really hope we put another 5 year deal in front of him though.

I think we would only go for Adebeyo if we sold DCL or even Beto - but doubt we'ed get too many offer on Beto.

I think DCL will go if he doesn't sign a new contract, so we have to have a replacement lined up. It would be a mistake for him to go, as he might not see as many miniutes elsewhere, he does suit a Dyche style of play and is well liked by us fans. If he's going to score anywhere it should be in this team. 

Maybe get him signed up to a new deal, with him knowing he's be first name on the team sheet and we will play to his strength, but club will listen to decent offers next year if a big oppertunity comes his way. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think we would only go for Adebeyo if we sold DCL or even Beto - but doubt we'ed get too many offer on Beto.

I think DCL will go if he doesn't sign a new contract, so we have to have a replacement lined up. It would be a mistake for him to go, as he might not see as many miniutes elsewhere, he does suit a Dyche style of play and is well liked by us fans. If he's going to score anywhere it should be in this team. 

Maybe get him signed up to a new deal, with him knowing he's be first name on the team sheet and we will play to his strength, but club will listen to decent offers next year if a big oppertunity comes his way. 

Beto will be ok in another league just not the premier so I think there will be offers for him it’s just a case of getting as much as possible. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm assuming he will with 12 months remaining. I really hope we put another 5 year deal in front of him though.

We can’t be offering 5 year deals to anybody we have to get away from that madness 

5 hours ago, patto said:

We can’t be offering 5 year deals to anybody we have to get away from that madness 

Puts more value on the books so makes a lot of sense to me. Plus DCL is our best attacking player and a 5 year deal keeps him with us until he's 32. 

Can't be offering 5 year deals to poor players I agree. But not our main man upfront.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Puts more value on the books so makes a lot of sense to me. Plus DCL is our best attacking player and a 5 year deal keeps him with us until he's 32. 

Can't be offering 5 year deals to poor players I agree. But not our main man upfront.

So if he’s on 5 year deal and he breaks down again what then he’s just had nearly 2 years with injury problems so to me 5 year deal would be crazy. 

13 minutes ago, patto said:

So if he’s on 5 year deal and he breaks down again what then he’s just had nearly 2 years with injury problems so to me 5 year deal would be crazy. 

By that logic we shouldn't offer anyone a 5yr deal though. Pretty much every player has a serious injury at 1 point. 

Dyche has actually managed his injury and Dom is looking more like his old self. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

By that logic we shouldn't offer anyone a 5yr deal though. Pretty much every player has a serious injury at 1 point. 

Dyche has actually managed his injury and Dom is looking more like his old self. 

I'm saying don't offer a 5 year deal to anyone if a player believes he s good he should take a 3 year deal then if he s good his next deal will be better.

Our squad in the last 5 years has cost is absolute millions for injured players if homes for instance was on a 3 year deal it would have saved us 12m.

1 minute ago, patto said:

I'm saying don't offer a 5 year deal to anyone if a player believes he s good he should take a 3 year deal then if he s good his next deal will be better.

Our squad in the last 5 years has cost is absolute millions for injured players if homes for instance was on a 3 year deal it would have saved us 12m.

Gomes

44 minutes ago, patto said:

I get your point but 3 year contracts has a negative impact on the books. Although maybe that's only purchases and not renewals?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I get your point but 3 year contracts has a negative impact on the books. Although maybe that's only purchases and not renewals?

If someone is coming to us just for the length of contract I don’t want them I want players who want to play for us regardless. 
if we offer any player a 5 year contract I’ll be very disappointed 

By insurance I mean most players are covered from serious injuries by the clubs insurance.

But it also insures us against clubs getting players for cheap. Giving players a good contract means we get premium prices for them if they are prised away from us.

I think it's imperative that we get his contract extended tbh.

If he wants to go then sign it, give us another year and hopefully he scores plenty of goals in a fully fit season, and then we sell him next summer when we're in a better position to negotiate a fee.

Currently, we're going to get far less for him than we should do for many reasons. I feel he owes the club to do well by us after we've done well by him.