IGNORED

F1 Chat

What a start :doh:. Bottas way too late on the brakes and he collects Norris (alongside the two Red Bulls). Sky reporting that Marko is absolutely fuming, with Max's car being ripped apart as we speak to repair the damage that he's taken. 

If they can get it going Max will get good points though, probably won't get the race win with Hamilton starting P1 but could very much get in and amongst the top 5, even if Hungary is notoriously hard to overtake at.

Stroll taking out Leclerc was insane too, tried to get onto the grass to avoid contact but it wasn't to be, Charles a total passenger. 

Lando has just been told to retire too :(!

Just seen the Wlli drivers' interviews, it is a big deal for them getting those points so pleased for the team.

Drivers being investigated by stewards for carrying shirt solidarity identity after the knee. It is time to take individual's stands on issues away from the events themselves and this includes football and other sports. I think this has become divisive though the gestures themselves are relevant.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Alonso had a huge say in the outcome of the race near the end, Hamilton must have thought noooo not Alonso again, he’s still a legend.  

Their battle was mesmerising. 

The difference between where he put the car and how Sainz defended Hamilton were chalk and cheese. He is still a master and it was great to see his reaction after the race too. He celebrated the result as if he had won. You don't see that very often in F1!

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Vettel disqualified as they could only take 0.3 litres of fuel from his car (and there needs to be at least 1.0 litre).

Hamilton promoted to 2nd.

Badly informed commentators then, they said at the end of the race him running out of fuel wasn't a problem but would've been if in qualifying (unless I misheard), didn't Russell run out as well?

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Badly informed commentators then, they said at the end of the race him running out of fuel wasn't a problem but would've been if in qualifying (unless I misheard), didn't Russell run out as well?

I heard that on commentary too.

I can only presume Russell stopped before his fuel went below the minimum level required.

17 hours ago, Bailey said:

Their battle was mesmerising. 

The difference between where he put the car and how Sainz defended Hamilton were chalk and cheese. He is still a master and it was great to see his reaction after the race too. He celebrated the result as if he had won. You don't see that very often in F1!

Other nice touch was Russell telling his team to compromise his strategy if it'd help Latifi. Classy.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Epic qualifying and how on earth can Russell not get the Merc drive? Lewis will have to build a bridge and get over it. Bad luck for Lando, he apologised to the team so guess he made an error. Downside of the delays, had to follow our game on EFC text not commentary. 

We had the footie on the TV and the F1 on a laptop, switching volumes up and down at key moments.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

George Russell front row! Bye-bye Valteri.

Lando unlucky.

It'll be an absolute joke if he doesn't. He's going to be a star, so get him alongside the best around and make him grow even more and quicker.

20 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Lewis will have to build a bridge and get over it. 

You keep mentioning this but it just seems like absolute nonsense. Lewis has even said that despite him having a great relationship with Bottas that it's ultimately the team's decision and he trusts Toto to make the right choice for the team.

I really don't think he'd have any problem with Russell being in the other car.

54 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It'll be an absolute joke if he doesn't. He's going to be a star, so get him alongside the best around and make him grow even more and quicker.

You keep mentioning this but it just seems like absolute nonsense. Lewis has even said that despite him having a great relationship with Bottas that it's ultimately the team's decision and he trusts Toto to make the right choice for the team.

I really don't think he'd have any problem with Russell being in the other car.

OK, I don't like him. F1 equivalent of Haf and Lukaku 😁

From article on Sky f1.

Asked if there were any plans to compensate the fans who spent hours in the rain without seeing any F1 racing, Domenicali added: "We do care about our fans and this is very important. This is something we will discuss accordingly with the organisers. Fans are a priority and these fans showed that Formula 1 is very important. We will take care about this.".

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

From article on Sky f1.

Asked if there were any plans to compensate the fans who spent hours in the rain without seeing any F1 racing, Domenicali added: "We do care about our fans and this is very important. This is something we will discuss accordingly with the organisers. Fans are a priority and these fans showed that Formula 1 is very important. We will take care about this.".

In other words - "we had no intention of refunding fans, but now we look like cunts so we'll see what we can do."