IGNORED

F1 Chat

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They should have done it between seasons. He’s a handy driver to have when it’s just Mercedes fighting themselves because he’s never going to beat Hamilton, but when it’s a fight with other teams as well you know he’s not going to much help at all. 

He's never going to beat Hamilton? He spanked Bottas the one chance he got every bit as royally as Hamilton routinely does, if it hadn't been for the team fucking up he was an easy winner. Given the seat I think he'd be very close to Hamilton and could beat him at times, certainly more of a threat than Bottas, which is why he'll not get the drive until LH is retired.

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's never going to beat Hamilton? He spanked Bottas the one chance he got every bit as royally as Hamilton routinely does, if it hadn't been for the team fucking up he was an easy winner. Given the seat I think he'd be very close to Hamilton and could beat him at times, certainly more of a threat than Bottas, which is why he'll not get the drive until LH is retired.

I don’t know what you’ve read but it isn’t what I’ve said :lol:

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Wouldn't put it past Merc doing a Marko and dumping poor old Valtteri in favour of Russell if the going gets tough against Red Bull later in the season.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They should have done it between seasons.

What I read.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What I read.

Yes, they should’ve dropped Bottas for Russell between seasons because Bottas is a handy driver to have when it’s a battle for the Championship in a single team because Bottas is never going to beat Hamilton. Whereas, when you’re fighting other teams (like this season) Bottas is pretty fucking useless because he will finish behind the drivers of the other teams so it would have been better to have Russell in the second Merc.

Haven’t got a clue how you thought I was talking Russell down when all I’ve ever said about him is positive stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yes, they should’ve dropped Bottas for Russell between seasons because Bottas is a handy driver to have when it’s a battle for the Championship in a single team because Bottas is never going to beat Hamilton. Whereas, when you’re fighting other teams (like this season) Bottas is pretty fucking useless because he will finish behind the drivers of the other teams so it would have been better to have Russell in the second Merc.

Haven’t got a clue how you thought I was talking Russell down when all I’ve ever said about him is positive stuff. 

Just fuck off, you're being ageist (what was your name again?), I have every right to be confused:shakingfist:

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

https://www.planetf1.com/features/valtteri-bottas-dead-man-walking/

One of several articles I've read it is brutal out there.

I don't think brutal is the word, as it says in the article, "Perhaps the biggest appeal of Bottas to the team is his ability to be quick enough to score points the team need while not being quick enough to get in Hamilton’s way." But that was when Mercedes were clearly faster than everyone else, and now they're not.

Personally I can see potentially neither Bottas (binned) or Hamilton (retired) at Merc next season and Russell driving with A.N Other.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mazepin should not be driving an F1 car. He's a fucking danger.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56773162

Lando second in FP3, almost a second faster than Ricciardo, he must have had some sort of issue or Lando played a blinder. Not daft enough to think he'll qualify front row but more good signs after a good first race; all the press banging on about how it's going to be a "vintage" season but for me a two horse race doesn't make it one, needs more teams challenging.

Interesting to see what happens tomorrow, Hamilton back fastest but he now has two Bulls right behind him - a new dynamic as Gasly and Albon have never really been able to challenge in the past. I'm hoping that they can at least ask some questions and make things interesting, if they keep up the pace then you'd have to bet on one of them really chasing the chequered flag down. 

Amazing session for Lando, jumped out of my seat when he put it in P2 and then cried on my knees when he had the penalty - disappointing session for Vettel (easily outqualified by Stroll) and Sainz who just didn't seem to unlock any pace.

Mazepin's career just keeps going from very shit to shitter, spins in FP and then comfortably at the back in qualy. 

• 2 weeks later...

And we go again. Was thinking that if Bottas keeps performing as he has in the two openers and Perez gets his act together a bit keeping Bottas on could well cost Mercedes the team championship; I wonder if it looks like it might happen would they ditch him and bring in Russell?

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mazepin 20th very nearly two full seconds behind Latifi in 19th after P1, complete piss-take him having a drive. George Russell in 7th is quite a performance, hope he can keep it going for the whole week-end.

Totally agreed, however we may have to get used to it. I thought that it may be the case and the rumours are gathering pace that Mazepin's father wants to buy out Gene Haas, so if this is true will be another Lance Stroll situation (another driver who, despite being better than Nikita gets no backing from me). 

Gene has been disinterested in the sport for a while (the Netflix documentary really hinted that Steiner was working with a hand behind his back) and apparently Mazepin's father was close to buying Force India when they were heading into administration, so much so that he even tried to take Lawrence Stroll to court over the fact that he in the end won the bidding.

I do wonder how much interest the Mazepin's will have when they're a good 2 seconds behind the pace, constantly being lapped under blue flags and being trolled on social media.

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

And we go again. Was thinking that if Bottas keeps performing as he has in the two openers and Perez gets his act together a bit keeping Bottas on could well cost Mercedes the team championship; I wonder if it looks like it might happen would they ditch him and bring in Russell?

Hamilton needs a strong rear gunner but I can't see him fancying the possibility of being upstaged by Russell. I think Mercedes may be ruthless if the team championship is under threat and have to act sooner rather than later. Don't imagine Bottas will fancy a Williams drive though.

36 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Bottas pole, the only one to go faster in Q3, pity Max's time deleted. Mazepin consistent again.

Don't know what happened to Lando in Q3 after being 2nd and 3rd in Q1 and Q2, he set his first time on used tyres then aborted his fast lap on new ones, must've had an issue of some sort but the TV coverage was predictably hopeless. How do they justify focussing on the pole setter on his slow-down lap while others are still trying to post times? Rubbish.

18 hours ago, MikeO said:

Don't know what happened to Lando in Q3...

"A little bit annoyed because we could've been a few positions further up – maybe three – and fourth on the grid, I would say. I can be confident in saying that. I got caught on my Q3 run two lap on the new tyre because of another car backing up in front of me out of the last corner, so I had to abort the lap quite early on, which was frustrating."