IGNORED

F1 Chat

3 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

BBC website reporting that Chinese GP in April might be postponed, waiting for decision from Chinese authorities.

Seems a bit daft to me given the death rate from coronavirus is significantly less than the death rate from flu, but | suppose if they want to to contain it (genie's already out of the bottle so good luck with that) they can appear to be doing something. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking like Sainz to Ferrari and Ricciardo to McLaren now; Sainz as "support" for Leclerc but I don't think he'll accept being a number two, will be a very interesting battle. As will Ricciardo/Norris if they have a decent car and even more so when they get Mercedes engines next year, we'll see how good Lando really is, really hope he can step up.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Looking like Sainz to Ferrari and Ricciardo to McLaren now; Sainz as "support" for Leclerc but I don't think he'll accept being a number two, will be a very interesting battle. As will Ricciardo/Norris if they have a decent car and even more so when they get Mercedes engines next year, we'll see how good Lando really is, really hope he can step up.

Sainz is quality so I can see there being a few fireworks there. 

At last, Ferrari going for 2 young guns, no natural number one so prove yourselves guys. Will miss the easy relationship between Sainz and Norris though, nice to see in modern sport. If Danny Ric goes to McLaren he has to go for it next season as he's in last chance saloon.

12 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

At last, Ferrari going for 2 young guns, no natural number one so prove yourselves guys. Will miss the easy relationship between Sainz and Norris though, nice to see in modern sport. If Danny Ric goes to McLaren he has to go for it next season as he's in last chance saloon.

Confirmed.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/daniel-ricciardo-drive-mclaren-2021/

Riccardo thought that he could take Renault from the midfield and develop them into a top three team all on his own - romantic, but not practically possible. His move to McLaren (the team he turned down when moving from Red Bull) is an interesting one as they'll have Mercedes engines and are surely the front runner to challenge the Red Bull's and Ferrari's. It does feel to me as though he has gone all around the houses to get back to where he was originally, but I understand that a change of scenery mixed with being Max's wingman was what pushed him out of the door. 

Sainz has also been confirmed for Ferrari in the past few minutes, I'm not convinced that he will be the #2 driver as everyone thinks. Charles is the poster boy because of his amazing speed, but Carlos for me is one of the fastest guys out of the main teams, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was able to equal or better what Leclerc does. 

The final question is who fills the Renault seat for 2021? A romantic return for Fernando Alonso? An all French squad with Pierre Gasly or promote from within and give China it's first F1 driver in Zhou?

Seems F1 silly season is over early. Has Vettel anywhere to go? I hope Fernando doesn't return, he can't achieve his old potential with Renault - except money talks and they might want the exposure. Love the young guns at Ferrari. Hamilton's career will end at Merc, now Prancing Horse possibility closed.

9 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Seems F1 silly season is over early. Has Vettel anywhere to go? I hope Fernando doesn't return, he can't achieve his old potential with Renault - except money talks and they might want the exposure. Love the young guns at Ferrari. Hamilton's career will end at Merc, now Prancing Horse possibility closed.

There's only Renault for Vettel and seeing as he only likes it when he's winning his face would resemble a slapped arse even more, so it's unlikely.

I don't think Hamilton was ever going to Ferrari anyway. Personally, I don't think it's ever been a good fit for any of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

So we are supposed to get excited about the new season and politicised f1. I'd have hope they would be beyond that.... but wait🙄

I don't understand your point Gwlad, the lack of excitement yes I agree but what "political" issue do you have a problem with?

On 05/07/2020 at 15:44, Romey 1878 said:

What a day for Norris!

Actually on more reflection what a week-end for him. When you consider that Sainz is so highly regarded in the sport that he's off to Ferrari next season and in their first head to head Lando out-qualified him and beat him in the race fair and square, even saw off an attack from him when he was having a rough patch; give him a decent car and the sky's the limit!

Why is it that F1 is the only sport (I think) that's back up and running where the drivers, mechanics, pundits etc are all still wearing masks even when social distancing? Seems ridiculous that they do when all their stuff takes place in the open air which is much more safe than an enclosed TV studio. Don't get it.

Thank the heavens that I can drown my Everton sorrows with Formula One. George Russell qualifying in 12th (then bumped to 11th) made my day. I'm really hoping that if Mercedes replace Bottas they do so with young George. He looks every bit a future star. 

Ferrari continuing to be shite is a fantastic sight, as is McLaren being back where they belong at the front of the pack. Lando and Carlos have had a great start to the season. 

I just hope that Max can have reliability so that we can have the Mercedes/Red Bull battle that was robbed of us last season. 

King LH to win of course, on pole with an insane lap yesterday. 1.2 seconds ahead of the field which is remarkable, no matter how hard you try to knock it.