IGNORED

F1 Chat

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nico. 

He has no reason to side with a decision that benefitted Hamilton other than actually thinking it. And he’s no waste of space driver. 

Not questioning that but he remains in a minority and as I said, I'm sure his dad would disagree. All done and dusted now though so we move on:).

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Faith restored, until the stewards' enquiry into Verstappen overtake. If we want a good spectacle for the fans it has to be a racing incident. That said I feel a bit sorry for Leclerc.

Great race and I did also feel sorry for him but Verstappen was by far the quicker and I think he’d of still got passed him in the last couple of laps. 

After the race, Leclerc was quoted as saying that it was only a matter of time before he was overtake by Verstappen. Pleased it was judged a 'racing incident'.  Its about time we had a decent 'race' instead of the usual procession.

• 2 weeks later...

Not F1 related (yet) but just watched "Driven: The Billy Monger Story" in the iPlayer, what a character (and talent). Incedible story and even had the unexpected consequence of me disliking Lewis Hamilton a bit less; still want him to break down on lap one tomorrow mind, not going soft.

29 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Why the Lewis hate? He is the most talented driver of his generation, arguably one of the greatest drivers of all time.

I wouldn't disagree with that for a moment, and this is what his fanboys don't understand; I don't have to love him because he's good, bordering on great as a driver. I fully acknowledge that, I just don't like him a a person. Said many many years ago that I was ecstatic to have a new talented Brit on the grid and even more delighted that he was from an ethnic minority but he's just become someone I can't warm to. It's not hate by any stretch, it's more a dislike of the celebrity culture he revels in.

If you go by "you have to support them because they're the best" we'd all be Man City supporters; it's perfectly easy to see someone or a team as the best but want them to lose.

Schumacher domination I wanted him beaten because I didn't like him, Vettel the same.

Simple.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Why the Lewis hate? He is the most talented driver of his generation, arguably one of the greatest drivers of all time.

Button got more points than him in the same car. 

Main stats that stand out for me are:

Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14

Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672

Lewis is the fastest with no cars in his way but as a racer Button was better. I don't watch f1 anymore (since the new points system, plus I can't stand Hamilton for similar reasons as Mike) so he might have improved but I found him to be dangerous. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-and-buttons-head-to-head-record-at-mclaren/3219323/

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

I wouldn't disagree with that for a moment, and this is what his fanboys don't understand; I don't have to love him because he's good, bordering on great as a driver. I fully acknowledge that, I just don't like him a a person. Said many many years ago that I was ecstatic to have a new talented Brit on the grid and even more delighted that he was from an ethnic minority but he's just become someone I can't warm to. It's not hate by any stretch, it's more a dislike of the celebrity culture he revels in.

If you go by "you have to support them because they're the best" we'd all be Man City supporters; it's perfectly easy to see someone or a team as the best but want them to lose.

Schumacher domination I wanted him beaten because I didn't like him, Vettel the same.

Simple.

I know Lewis is bit of a "Marmite" character with his off the track interests, but I have always found him to be a respectful and engaging person. I think he is bit of a recluse given his fame, we don't see him on any celeb tv stuff and his twitter and facebook are quiet. I know he loves fashion and music and will go into those areas when he retires.

I think he has helped keep F1 popular. As you say sometimes you just don't like someone even if you recognise their talent. Me I like him.