IGNORED

F1 Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was an exciting finish! Open goal missed by Red Bull/Verstappen but easy to say with hindsight. Another good points haul for Lando, 4th place in the table; just a shame the Renault was a bit better tyre-wise towards the end so he got taken by Ricciardo.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Well that was an exciting finish! Open goal missed by Red Bull/Verstappen but easy to say with hindsight. Another good points haul for Lando, 4th place in the table; just a shame the Renault was a bit better tyre-wise towards the end so he got taken by Ricciardo.

Didn’t Hamilton have a pit stop over Verstappen even without Verstappen stopping? So I would imagine that if Verstappen hadn’t come in they’d have brought Hamilton in because that would’ve been too big a risk to take.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Didn’t Hamilton have a pit stop over Verstappen even without Verstappen stopping? So I would imagine that if Verstappen hadn’t come in they’d have brought Hamilton in because that would’ve been too big a risk to take.

I'm pretty sure not, Verstappen after stop was only thirty seconds back whan Hamilton punctured so must've been 10/12 secs back pre-stop, nowhere near enough.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm pretty sure not, Verstappen after stop was only thirty seconds back whan Hamilton punctured so must've been 10/12 secs back pre-stop, nowhere near enough.

Pretty sure to have a pit stop in the bank was only around 15 seconds for this race, and after Verstappen had his stop it was a 33 seconds gap. I think he’d have had just about enough to get the pit stop in.

We’ll never know now like, but what a weird and exciting end to the race it was anyway!

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hamilton did slow down to try and protect his tyres straight after Botas blow out, not sure if that would have made any difference if he had just come straight in for a tyre change. 
Anyway Italian tyres are like Italian footballers, start off well but let you down at the end. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hamilton showed, once again, that Bottas isn’t in the same league as him. It’s not even close. To finish where he did after that fuck up was incredible really. Meanwhile, Bottas looked lost and didn’t have a clue how to get past anyone really.

People say anyone could win in that Mercedes but Bottas shows that that simply isn’t true. 

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hamilton showed, once again, that Bottas isn’t in the same league as him. It’s not even close. To finish where he did after that fuck up was incredible really. Meanwhile, Bottas looked lost and didn’t have a clue how to get past anyone really.

People say anyone could win in that Mercedes but Bottas shows that that simply isn’t true. 

They do struggle with overheating behind traffic. Hamilton was able to pick of the worse cars but his drive was still superb and in clean air was lapping seconds quicker than Gasly. Bottas isn’t anywhere near Lewis’ ability. Again lovely to see the red arrows failing in their home GP. 

A really good race for the fans! The pundits seem to think that Red Bull will stick with Albon next season. For me it would be a strange decision if Gasly out performs him this season. But then I can't see why Merc keep Bottas except he is a good and generally compliant team-mate to Hamilton. I guess they have a different driver in mind for 2022 and the new regulations.

Sorry to see the Williams family bow out, great memories of when they were the team to beat!

On 06/09/2020 at 16:19, barryj said:

Haven’t enjoyed a Grand Prix like that for a long while. It had it all. 

Annoyingly could only listen because we were driving home, then missed everything after the red flag because we stopped of at my brother's place. Recorded it though so will watch this evening, annoying (as a McLaren fan) that Carlos couldn't get the win but clear third in the constructors is not too shabby considering recent years.

• 1 month later...

I will probably awaken the grumpier members on here, but massive congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for equalling Michael Schumacher's record today and being one step away from being the undisputed GOAT. A 7th world title, his 4th in a row. 

A race today that he started from 6th, wasn't expected to win yet found a way to do so anyway - lapping his team-mate in identical machinery.

There won't be another talent like him for a long while and so glad that he wants to stick around to both claim more titles and pioneer the sport into a new era of sustainability and accessibility. Someone who if you take the time to research and listen to is a wonderful role model for the next generation - here's to many more. 

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I will probably awaken the grumpier members on here, but massive congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for equalling Michael Schumacher's record today and being one step away from being the undisputed GOAT. A 7th world title, his 4th in a row. 

A race today that he started from 6th, wasn't expected to win yet found a way to do so anyway - lapping his team-mate in identical machinery.

There won't be another talent like him for a long while and so glad that he wants to stick around to both claim more titles and pioneer the sport into a new era of sustainability and accessibility. Someone who if you take the time to research and listen to is a wonderful role model for the next generation - here's to many more. 

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

He will go on to win 9 or 10 championships, today should go down as his best win this season quality driving in poor conditions. 
I don’t think we will see anyone coming close to replicating what he has achieved well not in my lifetime anyway, if he was Brazilian they’d treat him like a God. 

• 2 weeks later...