IGNORED

F1 Chat

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61300470

"Audi will come in as a team and has been linked with buying out an existing entrant. It is said to have had talks with McLaren, Sauber, Aston Martin and Williams."

McLaren or Williams surely not going to sell out!? Although Williams already have I guess, but would hate to see the name disappear.

🤞Stroll realises it is a lost cause and we no longer have to suffer the petulant son. 

4 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

🤞Stroll realises it is a lost cause and we no longer have to suffer the petulant son. 

Lawrence Stroll has to be one of the few men on Earth that could make the Aston Martin name and brand easy to root against.... Hope the Williams name doesn't disappear but they sure could use the backing of a major manufacturer, even if it diminishes their independent heritage.

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61300470

"Audi will come in as a team and has been linked with buying out an existing entrant. It is said to have had talks with McLaren, Sauber, Aston Martin and Williams."

McLaren or Williams surely not going to sell out!? Although Williams already have I guess, but would hate to see the name disappear.

Hope McLaren don’t, I would be surprised if they did but it’s my team. 

They kind of remind me of Everton when I started following them, Aussie on board, rich history but not an elite team at the present - potential is there though.

You would have thought I’d have learnt after the first time…

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Hope McLaren don’t, I would be surprised if they did but it’s my team. 

They kind of remind me of Everton when I started following them, Aussie on board, rich history but not an elite team at the present - potential is there though.

You would have thought I’d have learnt after the first time…

McLaren have always been my team of choice, I was brought up within five miles of their Woking HQ, went to an open day once. Their new tecnology centre is different gravy though, love to see the inside of that! Had a soft spot for Tyrrell as well because they were also fairly local, and my dad knew Ken through work and liked him.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

McLaren have always been my team of choice, I was brought up within five miles of their Woking HQ, went to an open day once. Their new tecnology centre is different gravy though, love to see the inside of that! Had a soft spot for Tyrrell as well because they were also fairly local, and my dad knew Ken through work and liked him.

Went to a corporate day at MTC, mid 90s. What an experience. 

6 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Went to a corporate day at MTC, mid 90s. What an experience. 

Jealous, must've been late seventies when I went to their old place. For some reason they had an off-road track set up for ATVs and I managed to break one on my first corner, rear suspension completely collapsed on one side; was a mechanical and not my fault though so jumped into the spare car (after sprinting back to the pits, natchB)).

7 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

It was their tie up with British Aerospace. Got to several BGPs including 2 in by helicopter. Wow, my life is boring now. But the Blues need me!!

My brother worked for BA, along with long spells "leant" to Airbus, for decades; he got to the Singapore GP one year when he was living/working there.

He had a brilliant career that took him all over the world, but turned on an incedible stoke of luck. He was living in Guildford (with two o-levels to his name) in a pretty much dead end job in his early twenties, but then had some mental health problems that led to him moving in with my parents in Somerset. After he got some help he took a job through an agency as a grunt in the stores department of BA in Filton; then one lunch break he was sat down and he was reading the Guardian, big boss walks through, sees what he's reading and says, "I think we can find something better for you to do.." and it went from there. Crazy fall of the cards.

Other twist was that he met his wife there, they both worked in the Brabazon hangar, named after John Moore-Brabazon, early aviator....and the man who gave the eulogy at my great grandfather's funeral.

In the stars👍

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Russell with another very strong showing. If he can get a car to match his talent then he's a nailed on future world champion.

P5 again, I believe he is the only driver to be in the top 5 at every race so far. Totally agree that he's a future World Champion and it's just a shame that Mercedes have shit the bed so that he can't fight Leclerc and Max this season.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Norris' performance made all the more impressive as he was suffering with tonsillitis all weekend.

He did really. Riccardio is a real concern though, not sure he will make season out at this rate….