IGNORED

Leighton Baines -£6m

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

baines would be a great player for everton. he is a great left back he can tackle well and get back and get forward like lightning! 6 million would be very cheap for a player of his quality and his age. moyes i dont think will let baines move to another club i think he likes him. if we bought him we would have a great defence

Baines-----Lescott-----Yobo-----Hibbert/Neville/Jagielka

Left To Right

It would be nice to get them in before the season starts, but lets remember we have until 31st of August before the window closes so we have 5 weeks yet. :)

very true indeed licker :) ..... but

correct me if im wrong- im sure last time when we were in europe we had to register are squad sometime before the window closed to say who was eligable to play in europe ??

im half sure im correct anyway or there abouts ;) ( on the right lines)

SSN reporting this morning that We have offered £4 million plus a squad player for Baines, they seem to think Wigan will accept it if they can have LEE CARSLEY.

Can we do without Carsley, Neville can play there and maybe Jagielka, but is Carsley a squad player. ??

PS........ also in the Daily Mirror 4 mill plus choice of squad player.

SSN reporting this morning that We have offered £4 million plus a squad player for Baines, seem to think Wigan will accept it if the player is LEE CARSLEY.

Can we do without Carsley. ?? Neville can play there and maybe Jagielka but is Carsley a squad player. ??

I would be sad to see lee go but if this is the deal it sounds fair enough. If we can get this vogel in, he sounds like a replacement to cars but with a more glamourous pedigree (a.c.milan or derby!) Hopefully this deal will be off-set directly against what we get for beattie, so hopefully they'll still be a few more million around for maybe smith or other players to strengthen us more.

yer if we can get vogel we could offord to let carsley go but its that good old trick were moyes allways lets one go to bring one in, i wonder why he just wont have a big squad??? maybee he preferes it for bonding.

id rather get baines an then give them someone like paddy boil on loan, or naysmith would have come in handy right now tbh

yer if we can get vogel we could offord to let carsley go but its that good old trick were moyes allways lets one go to bring one in, i wonder why he just wont have a big squad??? maybee he preferes it for bonding.

id rather get baines an then give them someone like paddy boil on loan, or naysmith would have come in handy right now tbh

Try lack of money.

http://www.yeoldetreeandcrown.34sp.com/wig...ws-28.07.07.htm

If let both of those go for Baines I'll be very pissed. Making our squad smaller to get a player in that we're not desperate to sign is just bad business.

Non of the players weve got at the moment do i realy want to let go bar beatie and VDM

it would be wiser to keep carsley for midfield options as up front we have could have vaughn anichebe johnson and smith that would be a strike force of 4 quality players. ( if that would be who he would replace beatie and mcfadden with most likley )

but mcfadden is young and non of us know yet what he is capible of realy he has just shown flashes or brilliance all along.

I really cant understand either ???

i thought this would be the pre season when we would splash abit of cash but we have spent 4 million.

Just shows how mad we all were the ones of us who thought about payin 12 million for fernandes. doesnt even look like were going to get close to 12 million for all of our players we buy this summer.

but if he weels and deals and somehow manages to bring in baines smith and vogel and only lose carsley ( who only just signed a new contract by the way witch is starange all this talk of him moving) i would be more than pleased.

Non of the players weve got at the moment do i realy want to let go bar beatie and VDM

it would be wiser to keep carsley for midfield options as up front we have could have vaughn anichebe johnson and smith that would be a strike force of 4 quality players. ( if that would be who he would replace beatie and mcfadden with most likley )

but mcfadden is young and non of us know yet what he is capible of realy he has just shown flashes or brilliance all along.

I agree its a good fee for BT but I dont think we can afford to let him go. Vaughn out for 4-6 months Big Vic will be off to the African cup of nations , we havent even bid for smith yet and other clubs will outbid us for him anyway that leaves us with just Johnson.

I think we are already short upfront if we lose BT we will need another 2 forwards

Not really, where do you think the money for AJ, Lescott & Howard came from?

They didnt cost us £20million-£30million did they? And we must have had some money to spend that summer anyway, albeit probably not very much (£5million-£7million maybe). So subtract that from what we paid and it still doesn't make sense to why we can't pay more than £4million for a player this summer. The board should be backing Moyes this summer especially with the extra games we've got, but they're shying away and pushing the move in our faces. Our own players are worried about us not signing enough players, and these are key players coming out and saying they're worried. Says it all really.

15 million for those 3 and we got more than that last season with a top six finish and last years TV Money, and i still havent seen an official club statement to say we spent this years money, think thats all a load of bollox.

Sunderland have spent 18 million already, and they where in the Championship last year, and relegated the season before.

I agree with all the previous comments. IMO Baines would be an excellent signing and give us quality right across the defence. But, like thousands of others, I have found this summer to be just one long embarrassment. Fair enough we shouldnt throw away money on questionable players even if we had it, but I'm just SICK AND TIRED of the way our manager is treated by the board having to make a silk purse from a sow's ear yet again at a time when there is more money than ever in the game. The thing that strike me this year is that phrases such as "cash-strapped Everton" appear everywhere in the media and even in casual conversation with my non-toffee mates, they always say things like "Everton could never sign (insert random name here), they could never afford him." Sad.

Would rather keep Carsley if possible.

Played nearly every minute for us last season and in my opinion was up there in the top couple of players for Everton last seasom.

Didn't score goals. Didn't set goals up but done his job very well at breaking up play.

For ther 1.5m difference would rather try to find the money some way or give them more add onns.

Also didn't he sign a new deal just a month ago or so.

However the other thing you have to think about it while I am typing is will he get another season after this one and if not then maybe £1.5m is a good price for a 30 something player with only a year left.

Would still rather keep him to boost numbers though

i wonder if carsley is the man who is being mentioned as part of the baines deal. If carsley does go, then i hope we bring in Vogel as a replacement.

Is carsley now 34 ?

Baines would be an excellent signing and the injection of pace we need down the left (im not sure how many more shite left backs i can take at this club, i miss andy hinchcliffe !!)

good point about VA going to the african nations cup, we defo dont want to get rid of any strikers (though it will be interesting to see how Lukas does this season)

carsley is gettin on, got 1 season left in him max...most likely... we've got neville and anderson...with pip likely to start .

no chance ur gettin a str8 swap...baines is 22 with his best years still to come and a very bright future. 4 + cars would be a quality deal for me, because carsley isn't worth much at all in terms of a fee at his age. if we can get vogel in or bring a youngster up theres no loss at all... weve got a few defensive mid options

Speed Up if we want Baines.....Man Utd are after him if Heinze beans decides to join Liverpool!!!

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2626246,00.html

The Article

"Heinze saga may affect Baines

Gabriel Heinze is set to return from his holiday for talks with Manchester United, who could turn to Wigan's Leighton Baines as a replacement.

he Argentina defender is seeking legal advice to see if he has grounds for pursuing a complaint against the Red Devils over their refusal to sell him to Liverpool.

Heinze is contracted to United for another two years but the club's chief executive David Gill gave his agent a letter confirming the figure they would be prepared to sell him for, thought to be around the £6million mark.

However Gill claims he made it clear the left-back would not be sold to any of their three major domestic rivals.

Speaking to the News of the World, Heinze said: "I am on holiday but may return next week and say more.

"For now, I'm a United player. But I'm not saying anything else."

The paper claims United have offered Real Madrid and Juventus the chance to sign Heinze in a bid to stop him moving to Anfield, while Gill has moved to clarify the issue of "the famous letter".

He said: "I wrote to Heinze and his agent to give them an indication of what value we require for, effectively, an overseas transfer.

"If there is overseas interest and the valuation is right, I can see him moving on."

Several of Sunday's tabloids believe Wigan's Leighton Baines could be the unlikely beneficiary of the row, no matter where Heinze's future lies.

Baines snubbed the chance to join Sunderland in a £6million move recently as his camp apparently believe he can shine at a higher level.

And he could now get the opportunity as Liverpool and United are reported to be keen on the England Under-21 man and are planning moves - if necessary - once Heinze's situation is clarified.

"

What are our chance if Man Utd or the red shites are after him???

Speed Up if we want Baines.....Man Utd are after him if Heinze beans decides to join Liverpool!!!

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2626246,00.html

The Article

"Heinze saga may affect Baines

Gabriel Heinze is set to return from his holiday for talks with Manchester United, who could turn to Wigan's Leighton Baines as a replacement.

he Argentina defender is seeking legal advice to see if he has grounds for pursuing a complaint against the Red Devils over their refusal to sell him to Liverpool.

Heinze is contracted to United for another two years but the club's chief executive David Gill gave his agent a letter confirming the figure they would be prepared to sell him for, thought to be around the £6million mark.

However Gill claims he made it clear the left-back would not be sold to any of their three major domestic rivals.

Speaking to the News of the World, Heinze said: "I am on holiday but may return next week and say more.

"For now, I'm a United player. But I'm not saying anything else."

The paper claims United have offered Real Madrid and Juventus the chance to sign Heinze in a bid to stop him moving to Anfield, while Gill has moved to clarify the issue of "the famous letter".

He said: "I wrote to Heinze and his agent to give them an indication of what value we require for, effectively, an overseas transfer.

"If there is overseas interest and the valuation is right, I can see him moving on."

Several of Sunday's tabloids believe Wigan's Leighton Baines could be the unlikely beneficiary of the row, no matter where Heinze's future lies.

Baines snubbed the chance to join Sunderland in a £6million move recently as his camp apparently believe he can shine at a higher level.

And he could now get the opportunity as Liverpool and United are reported to be keen on the England Under-21 man and are planning moves - if necessary - once Heinze's situation is clarified.

"

What are our chance if Man Utd or the red shites are after him???

hope this is bs about baines, praying we snap him up before then argie twat gets back off holiday, an hope manure win the court with the shite :angry:

Edited by BLUENOSEsam