IGNORED

Metalist

MikeO

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an insight into our little spanish genius (purely for the english speaking metalist fans)

from the Telegraphs Henry Winter.

Like sunshine on a rainy day, Mikel Arteta can brighten up the poorest of games, and the Spanish midfielder guided Everton to fifth in the Premier League with a master-class in the art of moving the ball elegantly around a football pitch. After his corner helped create Joleon Lescott's first, Arteta conjured up a goal for Steven Pienaar with a pass so cunningly disguised it almost came with fake beard and glasses.

Now recovered from his ankle injury, Arteta was welcomed back with sustained applause before kick-off and an intensified ovation as he departed, huge swathes of Goodison Park standing to salute the play-maker with No 6 on his back and magic in his boots. A Spanish flag was waved proudly in the directors' box.

It was all over, bar the shouting of Arteta's name to the roof-tops as he came off.

CLIP

dont underestimate what he CAN do to your team on thursday

Mikel Arteta from Barselona B ha-ha :D !!! I know this guy. I think he will not help you. We will show your team some interesting...

Haha, No Really Arteta is worth more than your hole football club, come back when you have some sense if u had seen him play you would no he would walk into most teams across europe.

You do know he was against us moving for Nugent and doesn't rate him very highly?

Lets say Smiths ass then :) what the fuck he's got against me I dont no, I predicted we would hammer this shite Ukrainain team and we should have, that game but we were missing our best player.

Edited by Blue4Ever

an insight into our little spanish genius (purely for the english speaking metalist fans)

Though it hurts me to say anything nice about the Torygraph that's a cracking piece.

Bookies have us about evens/slightly odds-on to win on Thursday....Metalist 100/30ish and the draw about 9-4. About right I think.

Defence will be more confident with Howard back and a couple of clean sheets under their belts, but I think Metalist will probably score at least one....you have to remember that as well as being one of the most important games we've played in a long time this may well be one of the most, if not the most, important games in their history so they're not going to lie down. Presumably though their central defence won't be at its best due to the suspensions so we should be able to score two or three....gonna go for 3-1 to us.

As long as the result is an Everton win I dont care how we do it. If its a last gasp winner from a "suspiscious" desicion then all the better!! I think this one has surely gota be for us, the fans, who every year end up resorting to "ah well theres always next time" I dont want a next time I want to take this Ukranian outfit to the cleaners!!! COYB lets have a tasty win.

Sorry, rant over now lol!

I'm fancyin a 1-0 win to us, courtesy of your faourite centre half and mine, Joleon Lescott. I'd love to see the Yak get a goal but if i back the Yak he wont wont score. Feed the Yak and he will score!!

to the metalist fans - arteta beat all midfeilders including c.ronaldo, s.gerrard, c.fabregas and p.scholes to midfeilder of the season last season, just shows how good he is ;)

oh and james mcfadden the scorer of many brilliant goals also won goal of the seasom, he is one to watch me thinks on thursday

Haha, No Really Arteta is worth more than your hole football club, come back when you have some sense if u had seen him play you would no he would walk into most teams across europe.

Lets say Smiths ass then :) what the fuck he's got against me I dont no, I predicted we would hammer this shite Ukrainain team and we should have, that game but we were missing our best player.

maybe i wasn't hilariously fun in that instance, but it wasn't so much intended, it was meant to show you how ridiculous some of your mindless, useless, waste of energy posts are.

and again with the labeling this team shite...Metallist are not shite, if you haven't grasped that yet, and you haven't learnt about underestimating your opponent your even slower and thicker than I give you credit for.

harsh or not, i'm not happy with you calling their team shite, show a bit of respect, they came away from Goodison with a draw. if they're shite, what are we? i'm certain our players and staff won't be supporting your prejudice.

good day

Edited by CraccerC

Been suggested by some that VDM should get some time on the pitch Thursday...but...did he go with the squad when they flew out this morning? He didn't go to America pre-season because he's scared of flying (like Bergkamp...is it a Dutch thing?), anyone know?

Or was "fear of flying" a rumour/excuse so he could stay near his daughter/drink some more?

Of those missing last week Osman and Johnson travel, but the article does'nt give the squad that travelled.

HOT OFF THE PRESS

EVERTON’S UEFA Cup hopes received an early boost today as Andrew Johnson was given the green light to travel to Ukraine.

The Blues’ £8.6m striker missed Sunday’s 2-0 win over Middlesbrough with a groin problem but has responded to treatment and joined the rest of David Moyes’ squad at John Lennon Airport this morning.

Also among the travelling contingent was Leon Osman, who, like Johnson, was ruled out last weekend with a similar injury but is in contention for the second leg tie with Metalist Kharkiv.

Though it is too early to say whether Johnson will return to the starting line-up, the England international will be straining at the leash for another crack at the Ukrainians after missing two penalties in the first leg at Goodison last month.

maybe i wasn't hilariously fun in that instance, but it wasn't so much intended, it was meant to show you how ridiculous some of your mindless, useless, waste of energy posts are.

and again with the labeling this team shite...Metallist are not shite, if you haven't grasped that yet, and you haven't learnt about underestimating your opponent your even slower and thicker than I give you credit for.

harsh or not, i'm not happy with you calling their team shite, show a bit of respect, they came away from Goodison with a draw. if they're shite, what are we? i'm certain our players and staff won't be supporting your prejudice.

good day

I really dont give a shit what you think mate, From what I saw Metalist had 1 decent striker and an a decent big tall center half. How long would they last in the premiership? They got a 1-1 draw at goodision because certain players were awful and we were missing the only decent creative player we have, and we missed 2 penaltys and countless chances.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Everton landed in Kharkiv at 4pm local time following a three and a half hour flight. The party transferred to their hotel ahead of an evening training session at the home stadium of Metalist Kharkiv on Wednesday night.

Everton's travelling party is: Tim Howard, Stefan Wessels, John Ruddy, Tony Hibbert, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Joleon Lescott, Joseph Yobo, Alan Stubbs, Nuno Valente, Leighton Baines, Leon Osman, Mikel Arteta, Lee Carsley, Steven Pienaar, Bjarni Vidarsson, James McFadden, Andrew Johnson, Yakubu, Victor Anichebe, Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Thomas Gravesen, Tim Cahill, James Vaughan, Andy van der Meyde and Iain Turner have remained on Merseyside.

we should always show the opposition respect no matter who they are just out of sportsmanship, however i don't think it was a case of them being shite the other week, it was more a case of we are clearly not as strong or as good as we think we are, a few injuries and it was back to hoofball against 9 men.

Thats very strange to me that he'd take Vidarson and not VDM, if were tryin to bring the guy back into contention surly this would have been make or break time??

VDM DOES'NT FLY, except after a few bottles of Jack Daniels. :) Vidarsson i think has gone just for the experience, no chance of him playing.

Someting not mentioned much about our first leg draw was the delay!OK, it was the same for both teams but Metalist had already had major culture change/travel/ and were I think less likely to be bothered by an extra 30mins or so!Where as like Howard said during that delay the Everton players had had their energy drinks,protein snacks,warm ups etc,etc all as Howard said aimed at peaking for the kick off time!RUBBISH!!?I'm not sure! the extra tension from the crowd expecting so much....everyone thinking it would be easy!Nothing seemed to go that well even straight from kick off.....to be fair they(Metalist) were really quite poor, but we made them look an average outfit.As the game went on you could feel the pressure rising it's no wonder AJ missed those penalties.

Kick off normal time, our strongest team out and an earlly goal for say AJ and I think we would have got at least four goals........BUT WE DIDN'T.

NOW we have nerves for a different reason!ie we might just have blown it (the first leg result) but I feel some big displays from one or two of our lads are overdue and it should be our night.

An early goal for us then sitting back will be asking for trouble!If we start well, go for the throat.

AJ will make a great sub.....but only to give Yakubu another chance to prove himself.

Penalties anyone?.......Arteta, Yakubu are dead certs....AJ anyone :huh:

I'll bet the payers weren't half as wound up as I was standing in Bullens Road wondering if I was going to see anything :angry: .

Pens...

Yak

Faddy

Arteta

Osman (or Stubbs...as long as someone feeds the keeper the fact that he always places it carefully into a corner of the goal :lol: )

Lescott (with his head :D )

Not AJ!

Edited by MikeO

Should be a cracking game - Would rather be going their with a 2 or 3 goal lead, but at least the teams focus will well and truly be on getting a result over there, rather than nervously defending.

Strange although it may sound, in a way, I think we are almost better of going over there currenly 'losing' the tie at 1-1 than taking a slender 1-0 lead. The home team have something to defend and we have go to go and attack.

They will be missing two of thier first choice defenders after them getting them send off last week, and they have not yet come across Arteta. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another one or two Mentalists get sent off.

I am going for 0-3 - and us to go through 4-1 on aggregate - Moyes has 'smelt' it!!!!! :lol:

i doubt that, refs are always harsher to the away team in europe. no argument about the score though!

I'll bet the payers weren't half as wound up as I was standing in Bullens Road wondering if I was going to see anything :angry: .

Pens...

Yak

Faddy

Arteta

Osman (or Stubbs...as long as someone feeds the keeper the fact that he always places it carefully into a corner of the goal :lol: )

Lescott (with his head :D )

Not AJ!

Couldnt have Lescott on one, got a feeling he would miss if he had one

Arteta

Yakubu

Baines

Stubbs

Mcfadden

If we get a pen with A.J's confidence so low it would be stupid to make him step up because when your confidence is so low players just put there foot right through the ball instead of placing it, thats what A.J done in the first leg. Lets not hope for Penaltys we just need to win 1-0 COYB!!!

I really dont give a shit what you think mate, From what I saw Metalist had 1 decent striker and an a decent big tall center half. How long would they last in the premiership? They got a 1-1 draw at goodision because certain players were awful and we were missing the only decent creative player we have, and we missed 2 penaltys and countless chances.

that's the problem, every1 thinks ur a tard, but u don't take notice.

Metalist played the better football that night and scored the best goal. How logn would they last in the premiership? You're really not getting this whole unknown thing are you?

they got a 1-1 draw because they deserved it. they took their chance and we missed a few of ours, that's football right? besides the ref was more than kind to us anyway...but at the end of the day....u get what you deserve, and what was the result? exactly

2-1 to us...maybe after ETbut its morehope iguess

Edited by CraccerC

I think that the importance of this game will now put the pressure on ensuring a result. I see DM going with the 4-4-2, Pienaar and Arteta to play as they did against 'Boro, switching and splicing balls across and behgind the Metalist defence for FAddy and th Yak to run on to. I also think the Yak is going to cause them real problems. Watch out for a MOM performance form him. I think he now has a point to prove to any doubters in his ability, as well as Europe probably being the main reason for joining us, he will want to stay on the big stage.

Metallist to struggle tomorrow, as they wil be playing a completely different and more buoyant Everton. Have a feeling we are heading for a run, with our key players now starting to slowly come back to the 1st team. Lets all hope they come back with form like Arteta.

1-0 HT 3-0 FT to Everton 4-1 on aggregate. Come on you Toffees.

Its not an exact science but I have noticed over recent seasons that many times when Liverpool lose and we get the chance to score some brownie points over them we tend to lose aswell.

I hate to be superstitious but them losing to Marseille has me more worried about our game now. I KNOW its stupid and irrational but that is the very nature of superstitions.

This is going to be a nerve wracking one.

I would be happy with Stubbs on the pitch (handy for free kicks too).

Jags on the bench please.

Faddy and Yak up front.

AJ to come on after 60 minutes (his pace will kill 'em off).

Big Vic to come on if things get desperate.

Have a feeling Pienaar will have a good game as will Arteta but that goes without saying.

Phil Neville unfortunately will play but again I get the feeling he'll have a good one too.

I have no doubt we will be the better side but it just comes down to whether we can put the ball in the net.