IGNORED

Shane Duffy

do you think he would benifit from a loan move to the lower leagues? i know moyles will do wats best for the lad, and i know hes happy been in the squad, and bench most games!! but when is the right time to have a young center half playing in full matches on a weekly basis? (age wise)?

good enough then youre old enough...no experience is gained from not playing them...or they take their chance when theres injuries i.e. evans at man utd

i can see now why you have over 10,000 post....uv have nothing better to do than spell check people.....MOYLES.

I have 10.000 posts because i've been on the forum for more than 6 years, its not a difficult name to spell ffs.

Would you like me to keep spelling yours wrong Mackduff. <_<

Well Duffy has to take heart that he is getting the bench ahead of the other youngsters & Mustafi.

It's certainly to his credit that he's deemed to be worthy of making the bench. Out of interest, how many of you have actually seen Mustafi play? There seems to be some kind of mentality among some of the fans that rates him very highly. I think it must be based on the fact he's German and has an 'exotic' name...

well said noddy....and yeah i think thats 4 from 5. i was playing fifa 10 last nite and he scored the winner for me :D have you seen him in it yet? crazy :lol:

I've seen him in it all right! It was pretty surreal. It definitely has his likeness and a rating of 67(?) in it isn't bad for a 17 year old defender!

Duffy's been on the bench for the recent games against Benfica, Bolton and Spurs. I wonder is Moyes hesitant in throwing Duffy in at the deep end? Or will he get a few appearances this season? What would you guys say? Every time I hear he's on the bench, I'm always keeping an eye out to see if he makes his senior competitive debut!

I thought he may have been given the nod in the game yesterday... Admittantly it would have been throwing him in the deep end but it would have been nice to see him and let Distin have a rest. Plus tbh if he is good enough then I think Moyes would have played him so I personally wouldnt expect too much as this is as big an injury crisis as we will get (fingers crossed) and he hasnt featured. Maybe its a bit early and I certainly do hope he can become a 1st team regular but I wouldnt expect him to break through any time soon.

If he was loaned out, who do you think would be a suitable team for him? I think maybe someone like Tranmere or Preston would be good for him.

To be honest, I suppose any loan move would benefit him as long as he was getting first-team experience.

Not Tranmere! Going there would destroy his confidence because he'd be losing pretty much every week.

Yeah, at the minute the defences is looking very thin, despite the availability of several senior players, but it would probably be too much, too fast for Duffy to be expected to help marshal the defence. It's a lot of pressure and maybe a few lower-profile games will build enough confidence for him to make the step up. I mean, I don't think there are too many other 17 year old central defenders in the first team of many other Premiership clubs. (I'm open to correction on this)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha, well there's no need for us Louis - He's doing all the talking himself! Thought it was a solid debut, especially taking into consideration his age and the circumstances.

Great performance from him....hopefully the first of many.

You can be well proud of the lad tonight.

just to add, after a few shaky first touches (the pitch didnt help) i thought he put in a really solid preformance and was my MOTM in the second half. really put a shift in and made some of the preformances from other everton players recently look embarresing.

Please pass on my best wishes to him, and i hope thats the first of many great preformances!

Time to move this thread from the academy section to the general Everton section?

Think we should move it into "Classic Threads" personally.

Followed him from signing as a fifteen year old to his full debut with great input from Noddy and Mark. Even had his dad posting a couple of times :) . Definite classic for me.

can move it to the classics when we see him with the arm band.

was a great debut, as said above, couple of shakey touches at first but settled well. Howard was talking to him a lot, a great help to any young player. There will be a very proud family today, and rightly so.

maybe TT should sponsor him in the programme as half of his family are members!

one question, Noddy, a few pages back you said you dont support everton, has that changed yet?

A classic thread eh MikeO? I'm glad I'm a part of it Haha!

StevO, I gave up supporting English football teams a good while back and the only club I'd really support now would be Derry City. Saying that though, I still watch English football and obviously, since Shane is playing for Everton, I've been following them with quite some interest over the past year. Half the family are Liverpool and United supporters though, so they'd need to see sense and start following the Blues!

A classic thread eh MikeO? I'm glad I'm a part of it Haha!

StevO, I gave up supporting English football teams a good while back and the only club I'd really support now would be Derry City. Saying that though, I still watch English football and obviously, since Shane is playing for Everton, I've been following them with quite some interest over the past year. Half the family are Liverpool and United supporters though, so they'd need to see sense and start following the Blues!

Don't envy you lol :lol: