IGNORED

Shane Duffy

Don't envy you lol :lol:

Aye, bit of a terrible situation with Derry at the minute, but I think it could be the right thing for the club. New blood and it will force Kenny to pick and give contracts to some of the very talented young players that actually come from the city instead of paying ridiculous amounts of money to average players from Dublin and places! This generation has seen a fair few talented players from Derry move to England and Scotland. Darron Gibson is probably the biggest one, he's at United. Patrick McEleney (Sunderland), Dean Jarvis (Aberdeen) and young Cormac Burke (Ipswich) are all friends of Shane's and a few other lads have been getting attention, like Darren McCauley, who Blackburn and Celtic are looking at. If Derry could harness the talent that's there, they'd be doing well!

Same up and down the country though. All the LOI clubs are in the shit really. I can't believe the FAI isn't forcing at least double the coverage into its Irish International match TV packages. They could hold RTE to ransom and force them to show more games, but they won't.

Oh well that's what you get when your Chief Exec. looks like someone out of an Aprés Match sketch.

Edited by Grarghsies

Yeah you're right Grarghsies, I think the FAI needs some new blood too. Delaney is a bit of a clown. Did you see the video of a press conference where Pelé was talking about 'Henrygate' and through the whole thing, Delaney sat there with a perplexed look on his face while he proceeded in his attempts to catch flies with his mouth?

Need to shake up that under-age set up as well - Don Givens is managing the 21s into the ground and Seán McCaffrey isn't exactly the most inspiring manager. Either that, or the youth isn't talented enough... GET DUFFY IN THERE!! :D

great to see the support for the young lad... his dad said shane was nervous before the game, but setttled into the game well, i thought he didnt look outta place, loved the free kick he floated into jo, then another great ball out wide!!! he can only get better and stronger!!! well done moyes for spotting the talent!!

great to see the support for the young lad... his dad said shane was nervous before the game, but setttled into the game well, i thought he didnt look outta place, loved the free kick he floated into jo, then another great ball out wide!!! he can only get better and stronger!!! well done moyes for spotting the talent!!

Aye Mark, that free kick to Jo was brilliant, as was most of his passing in the second half, when he settled into the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shane looking forward to tomorrow?

Man, I was at the BATE game!

He was buzzing after the match but was a bit disappointed with the way they lost. We were waiting for him in the players' lounge after the match and he landed in with the man of the match champagne. Was so proud of him!

• 2 weeks later...

Some supporters wonder why we paid so much for Distin, he is good but only has two years or thereabouts in him. Young Duffy made the best debut at centre half I have ever seen in my 50+ years following the blues. If Labby was still alive he would have shook his hand for that performance against Bate, his timing was perfection, his reading of the game extraordinary for a lad so young and his demeanor up against proven C/L players was impeccable. He should be brought on slowly and learn from the likes of Distin and Yobo except his distribution already seems better than theirs. he is a class act and I really do look forward to seeing him break into the first team on a permanent basis the kid is that good, in two years time he will be a regular for the first team

touching post jimmy!! amen to that:)

Hi Mark

I really do rate the lad that highly. Watching on the box, I recorded it as well, I checked back on everything he did and he hardly put a foot wrong which is incredible. people suggest it was just Bate, last season and next they are in the C/L which from my point of view on serves to highlight how good the kid is, impressive, very very impressive :D

Im hoping that once Neill leaves he gets put in at CB and not Neville if Distin isnt fit. If Duffy had 2 very experienced professionals either side of him in Heitinga and Neville then I think that would be a very strong defensive line-up depending on which Leighton Baines turns up!

There are many strong rumours surrounding are potential signing of Senderos who in my opinion will never set the world alight. If we do sign him it will send a very poor message out to the likes of Shane which I think is wrong move.....give the kids a chance especially when they are as good as this lad

It seems Senderos has officially signed on loan. I guess this allows for Shane to continue playing games for the youth and reserves (he had a decent game against Brighton there, scoring a penalty in their 2-0 victory), or alternatively he could go on loan.

• 4 weeks later...

Got to be the right decision though....far more potential to reach finals with the Republic than with the North.

Bet Noddy's happy :) .

I'm over the moon :) I would like to think it's the right decision.

If he changed 3 weeks ago, how come it was only reported today?

The process was in motion about 3 weeks ago. Worthington only told the press today; that's why it's only being reported today.

• 1 month later...