IGNORED

Shane Duffy

• 2 weeks later...
Normally when a player changes association, it is expected to take a few weeks or months, due to normal administrative delays and such when adjudging eligibility, but Shane's switch was also held up because the IFA took the FAI and FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the subject of eligibility as defined in FIFA's statutes. Once the case was over and done with (the IFA lost its appeal), the association change happened within weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Duffy would be better off leaving permanently, nevermind just on loan tbh mate.

Moyes rejected an offer from a Premier League club last season, but the way he is so reticent about playing Shane is worrying, I must admit. The fact that after Jags' and Heitinga's injuries, Moyes said "I have no centre halves", is a bit sickening too, but what can you do? Keep the head down and keep working hard.

If he's good enough then he's old enough Louis...................we've already got Joey Yobo out on loan

I agree with this sentiment, but Moyes seems to be ultra conservative when it comes to his defence. Maybe Shane isn't quite good enough yet, but I'd like to think that he has more valuable attributes required to play centre half than Tony Hibbert. Positional awareness, strength, aerial prowess, passsing ability.

Moyes rejected an offer from a Premier League club last season, but the way he is so reticent about playing Shane is worrying, I must admit. The fact that after Jags' and Heitinga's injuries, Moyes said "I have no centre halves", is a bit sickening too, but what can you do? Keep the head down and keep working hard.

Who was the club? :P

Can Shane possibly be converted into a midfielder or striker? That's the only way he'll get to play under Moyes. I feel sorry for Shane because Moyes simply will not trust him to play. The line of youth getting a chance here has long been an idea I have rubbished (I know you disagree Dunc), so tell Shane to push as hard as he possibly can to get out of this club on loan. If he plays as well as we all think he would on loan maybe a top club with a manager would spot that talent and come in for him and let him play at the top.

Lets face it - can he do any worse than Jags at the moment?

Not one fan would begrudge Duffy being given a start at the present time given injuries etc. I feel that another chanting session like we did for Coleman may be needed, seriously irritating. Moyes gives youth a chance?